32inch Monitor 1080p??

misterdecosta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By misterdecosta

Hey dudes, I’m looking for some purchasing advice about this monitor I saw at Costco.

https://m.costco.com/Dell-32%E2%80%9D-Ultra-Wide-IPS-Monitor.product.100385824.html

Is it any good?

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Axersia

Depends on what you're planning to use it for. For console gaming it's useless as it's an ultra-wide screen, and for PCs it's not exactly gaming-grade with its 60hz refresh rate and 8ms response time.

For general desktop use the resolution isn't that great either, as 1440p is generally considered the sweet spot for a screen that size. That said, me and many others still use 27" screens at 1080p and find them perfectly comfortable, but I wouldn't wanna sit too close to it, so be prepared to sit further away if you're upgrading from a smaller screen.

So basically... it loses in all categories except for price. 150 bucks for a 32" IPS ultra-wide seems like a pretty good deal.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That 8ms response time makes me nervous since image ghosting might be a thing, though that's kind of to be expected with IPS displays compared to faster TN panels. IPS is more about color. 32" is defiantly on the big side if you're only sitting within three feet of it like I am with a 24" monitor. And I don't know why "ultra-wide" is in the deception since that's a standard 1920x1080 16:9 display, not the 2560x1080 21:9 display for $150 that would make the deal a lot more interesting to me.

But at the end of the day, it seams like an okay 1080p monitor. Could do better in terms of features, but the price is pretty solid.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

It's Costco so you can always just return it if you don't like something about it.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen:The site's down for me so I had to use Google for specs, but now that you mention it, it does say 1920x1080... (explains the odd screen size -- don't think I've ever seen an ultra-wide at 32")

In that case this monitor becomes a lot less interesting. I'd personally try to find a similarly-priced monitor that's 1ms/75hz. But again, it really depends on your use case. For consoles anything over 60hz is pointless.

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Its not an ultra-wide (aka 21:9) monitor, it just has an "ultra wide viewing angle".

As others have said, its a cheap 32in 1080p monitor that won't really excel in anything other than price. LG has a similar monitor in that price range, and I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same panel.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have that monitor but I do have a 30" 16:9 monitor that I sit about 3 feet away from and it took a loooot of getting used to since all of my previous monitors were 19" - 22".