Micro USB is the work of satan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I was planning to play some Just Cause today. But my controller isn't having any of it. I have to hold the cable just so or the thing loses connection. After trying multiple cables I've come to the conclusion that Micro USB is the technology of the devil. It is invented just to annoy the crap out of people, sending them in uncontrollable fits of murderous rage. I call for a witch-hunt against this blight! BURN THEM!!!

Or if anyone could point me to a good brand for reliable Micro USB cables that would be nice too...

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By damodar

If you've tried multiple cables and they all have the same issue, could it be the actual port on the controller is loose and it's actually THAT that needs to be positioned just so in order to have a proper contact?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar: Well I hope I can solve the problem with a better cable. I need a better cable to use on other devices as well so I'll try that first before going out and replacing the controller.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Your standard Micro USB cables break easily, there isn't much give on the port sadly and they're often attached to things that get moved a lot. As a result I'll always buy a fabric cable and haven't had nearly as much trouble since.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By forteexe21

Its still better than having to deal with other proprietary cables/ports. My Vita charging cable is full of electrical tape cause i dont want to buy one for a single device.

Ketta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a USB C connection on my Nexus 5X and it is absolutely amazing. I really hope we move to this standard in the future because it is infinitely superior to micro...

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I've had lots of USB cables, but these monoprice ones are the best I've ever used. cheap, well made, charge as fast as micro USB will allow, and they have a lifetime warranty (all cables on monoprice do). I've only used the 3 and 6 foot versions, so I'm not sure how well longer ones perform.

Side note: while it's possible for your port to be busted, micro USB is designed so the cable takes the brunt of any wear/tear.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

USB-C, yo. Fast charging.

Avatar image for deactivated-5879a8792e775
deactivated-5879a8792e775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really isn't the cable if you have tried multiple.

I can't recall when I had a cable actually go bad outside of physical damage ie: tearing, cut etc.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Umm, I have multiple Micro Usb cables due to most of my phones come with them and such but not 1 has ever broke or had issues. I know my port on my ps3 controllers would have issues but those were not necessarily micro usb. If you have tried multiple cables, its your controller not the cables. There is almost 0% chance that multiple cables are bad unless you treat your stuff like crap.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya, if you have tried multiple cables and are still having a problem then the controller port is bad. Almost guaranteed. I work in IT and have never had issues with micro USB. Do you treat your gear poorly?

SgtMcBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep this in mind- Micro-usb cables can come in 2 flavors, power+data or power only. If you're using a power-only cable, it will not work with an Xbox one or ps4 controller connected to a PC.

Power-only USB cables will either be missing the D+/- pins or have them shorted. I always chuck my power-only cables... I'll echo what others have said about monoprice cables, I've never had an issue with those.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

I think its not Micro USB itself rather than the Xbox One controller. I love it but god damn just a tiny bit of pulling has made both my controllers crap out on my. I had to get the Wireless adaptor to ditch the whole process and I even use batteries instead of charging them.