Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 28, 2018

The sequel to the Etrian Odyssey-esque dungeon crawler spin-off of the Persona series. It'll feature the entire cast of Persona 3, 4 and 5, including 3's female protagonist.

Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth Trailer Reveals Japanese Release Date, and a Certain Naginata-Wielding Bouncer

cettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cettu

Stick around till the end. It's about time.

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Looks cool! Q1 was a bit of a slog but overall a fun romp, and that stinger at the end is certainly promising.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

Why is tbis still a 3DS game when the Switch is already over a year old and has already sold very well? I guess they're just that committed to the Etrian Odyssey thing of drawing your own maps?

Edit: Ok, guys, I get it, I temporarily forgot my Atlus game release history, they have a habit of doing this stuff.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zeik

I didn't love a lot about the original PQ, but it did have some cool stuff, so I hope they get it right this time. And that original character seems more interesting than the ones from PQ1.

@justin258 said:

Why is tbis still a 3DS game when the Switch is already over a year old and has already sold very well? I guess they're just that committed to the Etrian Odyssey thing of drawing your own maps?

Because that's how Atlus rolls. They're always one of the last to leave a console behind. The map stuff was pretty shallow in PQ compared to EO, from what I remember, so I doubt that's the reason. But this is not a game they would bother making a big budget Switch sequel for when they already have a 3DS engine to reuse.

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Female protagonist, yus!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@justin258: I have to imagine that this and Etrian Odyssey X are both small-team games aimed around getting as much out of the 3DS and that game engine as possible before it's totally done (in the same way that Nintendo is releasing that Mario and Luigi remake for 3DS next year.) These are niche weirdo games and the install base is already there on 3DS, so I guess I see the rationale. At least Shin Megami Tensei V is in development for Switch.

Honestly, I thought the first Persona Q was pretty middling and had some really obnoxious, slog-y floor puzzles. Will this new one also include the respective casts of all 3 modern Persona games boiled down to their most obvious trope for the sake of mildly amusing interactions?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Will this new one also include the respective casts of all 3 modern Persona games boiled down to their most obvious trope for the sake of mildly amusing interactions?

Yes. I'm just gonna say yes. Because I'm a sucker, I'll still play it. Gonna need em to stop fucking around and hit me up with the announcements for US releases of this and EOX.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#9  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@babychoochoo: Given that SMT Strange Journey Redux and Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology were released this year, I fully expect Atlus to localize this stuff, do a really small print run, and throw 'em in a box with some sort of art book like they do with everything else. It took them more than a year to get Etrian Odyssey V over here from Japan, so I wouldn't be surprised if either of these games end up coming to the west sometime in 2019. I might be able to convince myself not to get Persona Q2, but I'm enough of an idiot to get Etrian Odyssey X.

On the plus side, if PQ2 does come over here, we can have Matt Mercer talking to Matt Mercer in addition to the last game's Yuri Lowenthal talking to Yuri Lowenthal.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nicksmi56

So happy to see this! Playing the original Persona Q and really enjoying it so far! Definitely picking this up and can't wait to get to it after I play 5 ?

cettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atlus released another, lengthier trailer today, along with the official box art, screenshots, and some story & gameplay details: https://personacentral.com/persona-q2-new-cinema-labyrinth-pv1-trailer-released/

Loading Video...

"Being trapped in the movie world, is it one girl who holds the key? One day when the Phantom Thieves were exploring Mementos, the Morgana Car suddenly loses control and is transported to a mysterious, unknown space. where enemies they’ve never seen before roam.

The thieves manage to escape after finding an exit into a strange movie theater. What they find there is a black-haired woman called “Nagi” in a white dress, along with a despondent looking girl called “Hikari.” This movie theater without an exit attracts “people with the same power,” an encounter which strengthens them as well."

Really loving every bit and piece they're showing off of the opening animation. I bet it's gonna be slick, but Maze of Life is a tough act to follow!

Also, here's a fan-subbed version of the first trailer:

Loading Video...

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By FLStyle

@cettu: Thanks for posting the fan subbed version.

I'm looking forward to seeing if the P3 and P4 casts remember the events of PQ within this game and the PQ2 version of the PQ in-dungeon discussion scene where they realise they come from different time periods.

cettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cettu

Aaaand here's number two! (These subtitles aren't embedded, so make sure you enable them first.)

Loading Video...

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle: I can't imagine they won't make them remember, simply because going through the whole "meeting for the first time" schtick again would just feel like a huge waste of time. Especially when they will do that for the P5 cast too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.