Pilliars of Eternity gameplay teaser

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darji

Obsidian finally released a gameplay teaser to their Kickstarter founded Project. The Title of the Game is Pillars of eternity and this clearly looks like an evolutionary Baldur's Gate. Of course in a different Universe but the philosophy behind it.

This looks great and with all the features unlocked through strechgoals this seems to become my most anticipated Game of 2014. Are you as excited as I am? None or less CRPGS are coming back big time in 2014. With Divinity, Wasteland and Torment of course XD

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Scampbell

Baldur's gate 2 is probably still my all time favorite game so when I got news of this Kickstarter I didn't hesitate to back it. And I am following its progress eagerly, and it is without a doubt my most anticipated game. So glad Kickstarter has allowed for a Renaissance of this style of games.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hmm. I've been, and still am, really excited for this game, but the animations there seemed pretty lackluster. The PCs just sort of standing still while one of them casts a spell kind of takes you out of the action and excitement of battle. I know they're still a small team, and the world looks beautiful, but less stiff animation would add so much.

Fingers crossed!

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is....I'm crying right now. Yes YES GIVE ME ALL OF THAT

@joshwent

I agree, but the game is not done yet. Maybe it'll change.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Ugh, looks about what I expected it would. Hoping Obsidian makes a game I'd actually want to play soon :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Well I think that looks like it will be fucking amazing when it's finished.

Finally, we're getting early 3D/32-bit/4th generation of consoles retro graphics! That was right in my wheelhouse where I played the most games, and those games were so exploratory that they have such a unique place in history... and everyone either does line art, watercolors, pixel art, or big fancy state-of-the-art 3D. No one was trying to make artistically rudimentary 3D models and put them in prerendered rooms.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Darji

@joshwent said:

Hmm. I've been, and still am, really excited for this game, but the animations there seemed pretty lackluster. The PCs just sort of standing still while one of them casts a spell kind of takes you out of the action and excitement of battle. I know they're still a small team, and the world looks beautiful, but less stiff animation would add so much.

Fingers crossed!

Even without I am kind of fine with it since the budget is kind of small for the massive scale f this game. But animation wise I am pretty sure it will still change s bit.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

It looks like an isometric RPG from ye olden dais. Done, sold. It's not like Baldur's Gate 2 is one of my favorite games ever or anything.

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always respected Obsidian, but never really got into one of their games, but I'm cautiously excited for this and for South Park: The stick of truth.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That trailer looks like a trailer for a game that came out in 1999. That's fucking great!

Pillars of Eternity also sounds like the title of a game from 1999, and that's maybe less great, but who cares!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Daumn son. Looks visually like everything I could have hoped for.

Now show me some meaty dialogue and I'll sell my soul.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Tennmuerti

By the way, replaying some late 90s early 00s games right now and it's striking how good some of them still hold up visually because of the heights that the sprite based and 2D art styles reached at that time. Compared to the early 3D games of the same era that are just hideous. Warcraft 2 and Red Alert 2 still look great.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

This looks more retro than it needs to be. How much in funding did they get for this project?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Darji

This looks more retro than it needs to be. How much in funding did they get for this project?

I think it was 4 million but the content in this game is massive. It is content wise maybe even bigger than Baldur's Gate 2.