• 57 results
djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By djou

@seppli: I hope so, all those things you mention sound awful. Its bad enough that the damn controller may glow, I don't want my console to look like its prepping to beam up to the mothership. Although I'm the guy that puts a bit of tape over my router lights because I find them distracting. However, I think this video is a total fake, or controlled leak to start the buzz machine for Sony in advance of the Xbox announcement.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By joshwent

@seppli said:

LED stuff is usually highly customizable. You certainly can turn it off. Such things can be capable of glowing in different colors. It could pulse rhythmically on boot-up/shut down. Do ambient lighting stuff. Regardless, if such a thing is part of Sony's box, it will be optional, and very likely customizable too.

Very true. And there could be awesome implications like a mode to pulse the light in beat to a rhythm game, change the color to something relevant to a game, etc.

But when it comes down to it, that's a whole separate circuit board that will add, however minorly, to the retail price and the profit that Sony makes. I REALLY want the PS4 to excel this generation, and something that doesn't impact performance or software capabilities directly just seems like an unnecessary waste. And when the "average" customer is deciding between these two consoles, a glowy thing on the box will never be a factor.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@minipato said:

Sony says it's a fake.

Indeed. That was quick.

I had begun to think that this might be the vanguard of some horrible "fake fakes" viral campaign but the speed of their denial pretty much killed that. Thank god.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I'm sad that this is fake, because that was a pretty damn good commercial.

SniperXan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is a really well produced fake, even so far as to pull the four symbols into it like that O_o are we sure Sony isn't lying? lol

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By zaccheus

Pretty cool video. Let's see if Sony can match it with something real.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wow, guess I got suckered into this one. Props to the people that made that commercial.