Quake Shareware's 25th Anniversary!

eukara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Happy birthday, pak0.pak.

Also, something I've noticed something that needs to be updated on the Giant Bomb page, is that the soundtrack got proper titles last year with the vinyl release of the soundtrack.

Earlier today, YouTuber decino was hosting this madness, over 140+ players spawning and immediately getting telefragged.

But the real anniversary of the full-version isn't until next month. So who knows what people will be up to til then!

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#2 fisk0  Moderator

Happy birthday Quake! So many fantastic mods came out of that game, always loved the Ace Combat-ish AirQuake, though obviously Team Fortress and Rocket Arena were the most popular.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only became aware of Quake after Quake 2 so it's easy for me to forget how weird Quake was.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Humanity

I was a PC user at the time and played all the big name pc games yet somehow Quake completely eluded me. I have memories of Hexen, Rise of the Triad, Heretic, Duke 3D then a long blank and Half Life 1 and the countless multiplayer mods it spawned.

RobertForster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, shareware Quake came out on my birthday?

MostlySquares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the best soundtracks of all time, made by Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails (as I'm sure everyone knows.) The soundtrack is soooooooo dark and grimy. Love it. Game's glorious as well. 25 years, kinda feels like 25 years...