• 62 results
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I think the stream might almost be over, but Rare is showing off the new Jet Force Gemini control scheme right now - http://www.twitch.tv/RareLtd

It looks like it really helps the game hold up to more modern third-person shooter sensibilities. Unfortunate that it's getting patched in later and isn't going to be there on day one, but there's plenty of other games available to play.

I'd also completely forgotten that JFG actually had widescreen support when it was originally released. The UI scaling isn't ideal, but it should still contribute to it feeling good in 2015.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dear Microsoft,

Blu-Rays discs can hold 25, 50, or even 100 GB of data-- maybe try putting the games I bought on there?

If "it just isn't working," or some other excuse that I totally care about a whole lot, then how about putting in the time or effort to make it work? Rather than putting the burden on me?

I'm just saying, you've been so slack-ass and egregious in this regard that it almost seems like you're passive-aggressively punishing everybody for not believing in your stupid DRM.

Sincerely,

Fuck You

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#53 chaser324  Moderator

@angrighandi: The piece quoted in the OP has since been debunked by MS and Rare. All of the games are on the disc and install from it.

If you're going the digital route, it's ~44 GB to download everything.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Dear Microsoft,

Blu-Rays discs can hold 25, 50, or even 100 GB of data-- maybe try putting the games I bought on there?

If "it just isn't working," or some other excuse that I totally care about a whole lot, then how about putting in the time or effort to make it work? Rather than putting the burden on me?

I'm just saying, you've been so slack-ass and egregious in this regard that it almost seems like you're passive-aggressively punishing everybody for not believing in your stupid DRM.

Sincerely,

Fuck You

All the games are on the disc. The separate downloads are for when you buy the game digitally.

Relenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Man, at that point why even put out a physical version?

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@relenus said:

Man, at that point why even put out a physical version?

OP posted incorrect information, the games are all on the disc the 360 games are just installed separately from "rare replay" since they work through backwards compatibility.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324:Oh.

Well, I look silly now.

Pretend I was talking about Master Chief collection or something, I guess

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Mustainium

@roboculus92 said:
@mustainium said:

Sauce.

So, if I'm reading this right, about 38 gigs worth of games will have to be downloaded (not installed), regardless if you've got a disc copy. It's similar (and equally annoying) to how the Master Chief Collection had it's multiplayer content relegated to a separate download .

Could they really not find a way to get those on disc?

The 360 games are said to be included on the disc if you get that version.

Well that's a relief. Thanks for clearing that up!

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If the games, including 360, are all on the disc then this is totally a purchase, great to hear.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BradBrains

@meatball said:

If the games, including 360, are all on the disc then this is totally a purchase, great to hear.

out of curiosity, and dont take it the wrong way, but why is the the crux of your purchasing decision ? before you said you would wait until it was cheaper because you might have to download a patch?

just curious

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#63  Edited By MEATBALL

@bradbrains said:
@meatball said:

out of curiosity, and dont take it the wrong way, but why is the the crux of your purchasing decision ? before you said you would wait until it was cheaper because you might have to download a patch?

just curious

Ha, all good, man. Sorry, I meant it's now a purchase on day one around full price. It's important to me because in most cases I prefer to own games on disc and be able to play them when I want, regardless of whether I have an internet connection or not - and while that may not be an issue I would run into if I've installed the game whilst online, I'd still prefer to have the option to install and access everything if I don't have an internet connection.

So, in this case, if Rare Replay were to have had a not-insignificant portion of its content stuck behind a download that's a knock against it. It's not enough to leave me not willing to purchase it at some point, but it's enough to turn me off picking it up on or around day one at full price.

Of course, these days this sort of thing is murky with so many games having major issues at launch that require a day zero/day one patch, but ultimately if I'm installing without an internet connection and missing out on those patches, I'm still glad to be able to play the (broken) game I paid for. :P If I'm buying a single player game I want it to be content complete on disc.

Discs that I can do what I will with are one of the big things I prefer about the console experience, even if it can make for a more inconvenient experience at times.

Edit: I'm watching the Rare twitch stream at the moment, and indeed they confirmed that the 360 games are on the disc. However, there's a catch, you are required to have an internet connection one time only to activate them.

"If you buy the disc, all of the games are on the disc, we've just about managed to squeeze them in, it was close, but they're all on there. There's no massive 38 gig download on day one. All of the 360 games are there on the disc ready to be played...the only catch is you do have to have a one time only online connection to activate them. During this time they will pull your profile from the cloud or, if you haven't had one previously on 360, create one for you after that you can play them offline as much as you like."

I'm still not totally clear on what would happen if you were to uninstall the game and install and play again one day without an internet connection. The "one time only" online activation does make it sound like it wouldn't be an issue, but I'm a little unsure.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatball: thanks for the answer. makes sense.