Does Resident Evil 4 HD have Playstation Move Support?

iamtirrrred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By iamtirrrred

If it does, I will buy it again; just to have a reason to use my Move Controllers.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iDarktread
@iamtirrrred: No, it doesn't appear to have PlayStation Move support. Just punching "resident evil 4" and "move support" into Google came up with a bunch of complaints. Since Move is not mentioned in the Store Update, it probably isn't included. 

Resident Evil 4 ($19.99) 

Resident Evil 4, the gold standard of the survival horror genre, finally arrives on the PlayStation Store! Guide special agent Leon Kennedy on his quest to rescue the president’s daughter as a village of infected attack you from all sides! Download today and receive 5 free Resident Evil 4 avatars as an added bonus (offer valid until October 4, 2011). 

Word Choice
 Word Choice
Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Sooperspy

Maybe someday they will patch it in, or release it as a $5 dlc. That would be cool, at least.

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RaikohBlade

I'm glad it doesn't have Move support, it forces people to play the game how it was meant to be played. Motion controls are a blight upon hardcore gaming! Though they are fun in a casual or party environment, of course.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iDarktread
@RaikohBlade: Resident Evil 4 with Wii motion control is arguably the best way to play the game.  

I don't know of many T or M rated games, aside from Call of Duty, that have "casual" single player -- that's with or without motion controls. The Wii version is the definitive version.
RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RaikohBlade

@iDarktread said:

@RaikohBlade: Resident Evil 4 with Wii motion control is arguably the best way to play the game.

I don't know of many T or M rated games, aside from Call of Duty, that have "casual" single player -- that's with or without motion controls. The Wii version is the definitive version.

I don't think motion controls can be quite as precise as thumbsticks. Without that excellent precision a thumbstick offers, any shooter game becomes inferior when it's played with motion controls. I understand the novelty of it, but the precision loss is too frustrating for me. Also, I played the original Gamecube version to death, and to me that's the way people should experience the game. Of course, if someone absolutely adores motion controls, their opinion will be different.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@RaikohBlade said:

@iDarktread said:

I don't think motion controls can be quite as precise as thumbsticks. Without that excellent precision a thumbstick offers, any shooter game becomes inferior when it's played with motion controls. I understand the novelty of it, but the precision loss is too frustrating for me. Also, I played the original Gamecube version to death, and to me that's the way people should experience the game. Of course, if someone absolutely adores motion controls, their opinion will be different.

I understand that you may not want to use motion controls but it is only an option that wouldn't effect you if you wanted to use a controller. To be happy they took out an OPTION that many people enjoyed and can be enhanced with a more precise version of the motion controls is odd. Why should people be forced to play with a controller when the game has had the option to use motion controls. And when you think about it a Dual Shock 3/360 controller isn't necessarily the same as a Gamecube controller. So by your logic everyone would have to buy the gamecube version and take out their Gamecubes and Wiis to play it if they want "the true RE4 experience."

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RaikohBlade

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@RaikohBlade said:

@iDarktread said:

I understand that you may not want to use motion controls but it is only an option that wouldn't effect you if you wanted to use a controller. To be happy they took out an OPTION that many people enjoyed and can be enhanced with a more precise version of the motion controls is odd. Why should people be forced to play with a controller when the game has had the option to use motion controls. And when you think about it a Dual Shock 3/360 controller isn't necessarily the same as a Gamecube controller. So by your logic everyone would have to buy the gamecube version and take out their Gamecubes and Wiis to play it if they want "the true RE4 experience."

There isn't a big difference between the thumbsticks of different controllers like there is with motion controls, but that's besides the point. I merely have a very hardcore mentality for these kinds of games that have a legacy like RE4. If I were in charge of RE4 and I had crafted it with my own vision, playtesting it to near perfection, I would most definitely not implement motion controls. It may affect the balance of the game, and it wouldn't be how I would want people to play my game. Yes, I would even go so far as to deny the option of motion controls to people that want them, just to preserve my vision of this game. But really, this is just my opinion, and you don't have to agree with me.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@RaikohBlade: I'm just trying to bring up a counter point which was that you have no say in how this game was meant to be played.

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RaikohBlade

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@RaikohBlade: I'm just trying to bring up a counter point which was that you have no say in how this game was meant to be played.

Of course I have no say, only the actual developers do. But I can have my opinion~

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RE_Player1

That would require Capcom to actually do work. That being said I just bought the game because it was $10.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@RaikohBlade: Of course you can have an opinion but they can called into question to be used for intellectual discussion or debate.

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RaikohBlade

@SethPhotopoulos: My opinion has been called into question, and has fulfilled its purpose of being used for discussion. I gave my reasons, and you gave yours, and we both now understand each other a little bit better. Isn't that nice? Forums can be a nice place after all.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@RaikohBlade: Slow high five.

LordAltmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LordAltmer

Real pity that they missed this

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By OllyOxenFree

All you're getting is an up-scaled version of RE4, son.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Hizang
@Redbullet685

Maybe someday they will patch it in, or release it as a $5 dlc. That would be cool, at least.

Them charging for that would be very uncool!
Brian3dw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Anyone know if it has been added to the PS4 version? It would make even more sense now that PSVR is coming so soon.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By lego_my_eggo

@brian3dw: Some fast googling says no, and the PSN store page makes no mention. And i don't see how VR has anything to do with it, its highly doubtful Capcom would take the time to basically remake RE4 to have VR support in any meaningful way.

Brian3dw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Brian3dw

@lego_my_eggo: The reason for mentioning PSVR in this thread regarding PS Move support is that with PSVR on the horizon, more and more players will have PS Move controllers readily available to them. I say this because PSVR supports the PS Move controllers.

I hope that clarified my statement.

"its highly doubtful Capcom would take the time to basically remake RE4" - Now that you know I'm not saying to make the game for VR, you may see that offering PS Move support would not need an entire remake as the Wii controller set-up was the original control scheme. Capcom would simply have to re-map controller input to support PS Move. The inputs are already built into PS4 as I can navigate the system menus using PS Move right now.

It's just wishful thinking that I'm sure will never happen. The Wii version is the only version I every liked because after being able to point at a zombies head instantly, using the right stick always felt too restrictive.

EDIT:

Also, didn't Capcom implement Move support for the rail shooter RE games? Maybe it's not out of the question...