Geralt in Soul Calibur VI

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Zirilius

This is real? This isn't a fever dream or some Witcher mutation flowing through my veins? I don't know why I'm so shocked when Noctis is in Tekken 7.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

You mean Soul Calibur for the title? Also I'm absolutely maining Geralt for Soul Calibur VI.

Dukenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Eh, the video says Soul Calibur. And yeah, i've seen the announcement. Nice, but not that surprising given Soul Calibur history of "guest appearances" of sword wielding characters from other games.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius: He's in SC6, not in Tekken. But SC has had a long history of adding in characters from other games and franchises from comics to movies.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezza: @dukenux:

@zirilius: He's in SC6, not in Tekken. But SC has had a long history of adding in characters from other games and franchises from comics to movies.

Whoops had Tekken 7 on the brain. Title is corrected.

I'm not saying Witcher is more of a stretch than Starkiller, Yoda, Spawn, or Link but I always thought CD Projekt Red kept Witcher stuff pretty close to the vest.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That's dope, much better crossover than Yoda/Spawn/Link.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius: You must've missed the news piece they put out a week or so ago. CDPR themselves said they'd he'd be appearing in another "new entry" in a series sometime this year, which pretty much cemented that it was going to be SC.

As for keeping it close to their vest, nah I never got that impression. I mean they don't even own the character. I'm sure they're happy to put him into SC.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8 chaser324  Moderator

Seems like a pretty good fit, better than a lot of previous SC guest characters, and it looks like they've managed to integrate a lot of Witcher action into his moveset with all of the signs he's throwing out in this trailer.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Relkin

Seems like a pretty good fit, better than a lot of previous SC guest characters, and it looks like they've managed to integrate a lot of Witcher action into his moveset with all of the signs he's throwing out in this trailer.

Definitely a good fit. Not beholden to any specific weapon, so if they decide to bring back Edge Master mode he'll be right at home. He's got loads of different styles and patterns for them to draw on, and like you said they're using his magic well, which is to say, sparingly. The only other thing I hope they do is make him pick his blade accordingly:

Steel vs humans, silver vs monsters (Nightmare/Astaroth/Yoshimitsu etc).

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hassun

@chaser324: A much better fit than Noctis in Tekken if you ask me.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By nutter

I love The Witcher...I’d be tempted to get the game just for Geralt. Toss in Ciri and I almost certainly would.

Most other Witcher characters don’t really meld with the melee weapon-based combat, I guess....maybe Letho...didn’t he roll with a pair of knives?

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius: You must've missed the news piece they put out a week or so ago. CDPR themselves said they'd he'd be appearing in another "new entry" in a series sometime this year, which pretty much cemented that it was going to be SC.

As for keeping it close to their vest, nah I never got that impression. I mean they don't even own the character. I'm sure they're happy to put him into SC.

Yep totally missed that. That's pretty cool if you ask me.

dstopia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh fuck yes. Now I kinda want to get this.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I love The Witcher franchise but I hope his signs arent too OP. Characters that have supernatural abilities like Cervantes can be really annoying to fight against.

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never got into any of the 3 Witcher games, but this seems like a cool fit. I can dig it.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's such a good, obvious, cool fit and yet one I don't think I would have ever thought of if I was making a list of potential guests. I'm playing thru the Witcher 3 right now and I'm really starting to love Geralt so this trailer got me hype as fuck.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zeik

I'll be honest, this is probably the most excited I've been for this game. Maybe because my usual mains, Tira and (true) Siegfried, are nowhere to be seen. Hopefully he's as fun to play as he looks, because he'll probably be my new main.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Oh... oh man. Now I want a game that takes random characters that just barely kinda fit aesthetically (if you don't think about it too hard) and throw em together in a fighter.

Geralt vs. Bloodborne Hunter vs. Dragonborn vs. I don't know what.

Anyways, yeah this is cool. Great fit.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yeah Geralt is awesome. If I ever play SC6 I am exclusively playing as him.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Thats fun and unexpected, the witcher always looked cool when he was fighting, lots of spins and flips and things.

Also kaer Morhen is a great location, i hope some griffins and other monsters are in the background.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went from didn't know they were making a new SC to wanting this one actively so I guess the marketing worked?