Can you create your own spells in Skyrim?

MangyForestCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MangyForestCat

Simple question.

Can the player create their own spells in Skyrim like they could in Morrowind and Oblivion?

If so where? Can anybody tell me please? I don't care for spoilers either way.

I haven't found a way to create my own spells and I would really like to.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Dagbiker

no

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Insectecutor

I believe you can blend spells by equipping different ones in each hand, but I haven't tried that yet.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

No, you can't. Yes, it kind of sucks. They also took out Bound Armor and some other things, but for the most part it's still pretty satisfying to go Magic the hell out of some dudes. You won't miss it quite as much as you probably think you will.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#5  Edited By fisk0  Moderator  Online

Wasn't that removed from Oblivion as well? It was awesome in Morrowind, but I don't recall ever doing it in Oblivion?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

No, but when the construction set comes out, you can go to town I'm sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@fisk0 said:

Wasn't that removed from Oblivion as well? It was awesome in Morrowind, but I don't recall ever doing it in Oblivion?

You could only do it by finishing the Mage's Guild in the vanilla game or buying the Frostcrag (and maybe Orrery) DLC. Plus it was pretty hamstrung until you started leveling up your magic. Not very useful in the early game, very fun in the late game, but not as fun as the stuff you could do in Morrowind (Levitate + Fortify Speed 100 for xxxx Seconds, anyone?)

I miss it a little in Skyrim, but not as much as I thought I would.

MangyForestCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By MangyForestCat

Thank you very much. for all of the responses.

@Make_Me_Mad said:

No, you can't. Yes, it kind of sucks. They also took out Bound Armor and some other things, but for the most part it's still pretty satisfying to go Magic the hell out of some dudes. You won't miss it quite as much as you probably think you will.

I know they took out Bound Armor and stuff but I'm ok with that. I just wanted to know about crafting one's own spells. I have to admit I am a bit disappointed that is has been excluded from this game. I can adapt to the idea and I'm sure I'll find it very fulfilling anyway, but I am not a raving lunatic like most people who go to forums. This is one of the few times I've ever felt the need to visit forums. I don't need to rage all over the internet to express my opinions on an entertainment product.