• 152 results
johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnnymcginley

Oh my. Only the 9th game to receive a perfect score from GS.

No Caption Provided

And make no mistake: this is one of the best role-playing games ever crafted, a titan among giants and the standard-setter for all such games going forward. Where the Witcher 2 sputtered to a halt, The Witcher 3 is always in a crescendo, crafting battle scenarios that constantly one-up the last, until you reach the explosive finale and recover in the glow of the game's quiet denouement. But while the grand clashes are captivating, it is the moments between conflicts, when you drink with the local clans and bask in a trobairitz's song, that are truly inspiring.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-review/1900-6416135/

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

hmm a kevin vanord review too, damn time skip me to the 19th already...

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Gamespot just gives out 10/10s willy-nilly now :P

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

God damn it. I am so infuriatingly excited for this game, but there is not a hope it will run until I upgrade my graphics card.

The last time one game desperately made me feel like I needed a new GPU was Oblivion. Oh god, it'll be f'n ages until I can actually afford one. Sob.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Well duh it's THE WITCHA

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.gamesradar.com/witcher-3-wild-hunt-review/

Some of these reviewers are going in with the exception that all of the technical issues will be fixed by launch, and that can be a problem so keep that in mind (PS4) regardless I am very excited to explore this world. A 10 for a open world RPG is pretty crazy!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ripelivejam

Gamespot the new IGN amirite

E: more IGN than IGN it seems

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I'm surprised they did a review after that big fancy preview video series in which Danny went to the devs home turf to check it out. And to give it a 10/10 too, I imagine they're going to get some flak for that.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@asilentprotagonist: Seems to be the only review so far that's complained about the combat, then again, things like that are subjective I suppose.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

I'm surprised they did a review after that big fancy preview video series in which Danny went to the devs home turf to check it out. And to give it a 10/10 too, I imagine they're going to get some flak for that.

1) IDanny didn't review it

2) Would it be okay if GS were paying for the trip and everything?

glok1132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a sneaking suspicion that the reason Brad was out of the office for a few days was to review this game. Of course, I could very well be wrong.

Slang_N_Bang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Geralt finally hangs dong, been waiting for that.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somejerk said:
@flstyle said:

I was aware of both points beforehand.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, sweet, great.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somejerk said:
@flstyle said:

On the other hand, it's the Internet. No matter what they'll say, someone will scream bloody murder somewhere.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By brandondryrock

@gaff said:
@somejerk said:
@flstyle said:

On the other hand, it's the Internet. No matter what they'll say, someone will scream bloody murder somewhere.

Yeah it doesn't take long for someone to say "they were paid for this review" with absolutely no evidence, and that statement will spread everywhere as truth.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shame to hear about the framerate issues on the PS4. I won't get a chance to play the game until sometime in June, so hopefully some of the issues can be resolved in a patch by then. If not, it doesn't seem like it stopped the reviewers from enjoying the game as a whole.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaff said:
@somejerk said:
@flstyle said:

Yeah it doesn't take long for someone to say "they were paid for this review" with absolutely no evidence, and that statement will spread everywhere as truth.

Exactly. We've no reason to believe that because the GameSpot staff have seemed pretty stand up people when they're on Giant Bomb or indeed the times I pop over to watch The Lobby, but there's always people who see a faceless website and a score which is pretty sad.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

Previews like that are nothing new. Hell, Game Informer does them every month. And Danny wasn't involved in the review.

I see no problem here, especially since other outlets are giving great reviews, as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

They invited a lot of people out there to play/record/preview the game (you had to pay your own way, however). Gamespot didn't have any exclusive access. Even Youtubers that I've never heard of went out to look at the game. No big deal.

Whenever people go on about how a review must have been bought or that something fishy is going on, they ignore the fact that many of these games are getting great reviews everywhere. The people on Twitch with only 50 viewers, YouTube channels, big publications. Do people think that ALL of them were paid off? It seems more likely that people actually enjoyed a game...

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already pre-loaded from GOG, cant fucking wait.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By zombie2011

I'll wait for this to go on sale. I just picked up FarCry 4 so i won't need a new game for a while. Also i completed Dragon Age last month so i'm not really ready for another 100+ hour fantasy RPG.

Also I was in love with the Witcher 2 up until the second area, the dwarven kingdom, at which point i kept getting lost, the city was like a maze and the map made it difficult to find quests. Ended up giving up on the game and never finished it.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll give it a try for sure, but I remember when Dragon Age: Inquisition got these scores as well and ... yea, did not like that game at all.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glok1132: Jeff has said over on Twitter that they got a review copy on PS4 (seems everyone got that one) but when he tried to play it despite it saying it had the Day One patch it crashed out twice on him. So when they get a copy of the PC version, its being sent to GB East to cover.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevin is my dude when it comes to RPG reviews so he is the one I normally go by.

OnionKnight14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somejerk said:
@flstyle said:

I'm pretty sure GameSpot did pay for the trip and everything...

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

When is the 19th here for the love of god!

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mister_V

@onionknight14: Pretty sure Danny says right at the start of the video That the trip was paid for by the devs.

Either way it's not like the GS review is out of line with the rest of them. everyone except Jeff seems to love it.

ketchupman36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_v said:

@onionknight14: Pretty sure Danny says right at the start of the video That the trip was paid for by the devs.

Either way it's not like the GS review is out of line with the rest of them. everyone except Jeff seems to love it.

the trip was NOT paid for by the devs

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_v said:

There was this strange finding about a year ago about the futility of straightening out misinformation. The problem is that by mentioning the wrong information you imprint it on the reader's/listener's brain much stronger than the fact that it's wrong. I think this is what happened here because I remember that it was repeatedly emphasised that Gamespot paid for everything.

LocoRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Kevin is my dude when it comes to RPG reviews so he is the one I normally go by.

And I would also add that his reviews are generally fair. I was pretty ok with his assessment of Pillars of Eternity (he gave the game an 8).

Makes me really excited for the game.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Well, all the reviews point to it being pretty much what I wanted it to be (I can live with some frame rate hitches on consoles, especially if the might get patched eventually), so I'm really happy about this.

Also the Gamespot trip to the developer is a non-issue.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Jeff liked more awesome games.

OnionKnight14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By OnionKnight14

@qrdl said:
@mister_v said:

There was this strange finding about a year ago about the futility of straightening out misinformation. The problem is that by mentioning the wrong information you imprint it on the reader's/listener's brain much stronger than the fact that it's wrong. I think this is what happened here because I remember that it was repeatedly emphasised that Gamespot paid for everything.

No Caption Provided

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm really happy for fans of this series. I never really got into it, The Witcher didn't do anything for me and its sequel was even less appealing when I played it. But even so, good on CD Projekt.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@meatball said:

I wish Jeff liked more awesome games.

Jeff's tastes boggle the mind. Better not to think about it.

The game looks beautiful and I trust the story / scenario is likely as good or better than Witcher 2. Hopefully the combat gets more varied as you gain skill points. It seemed slightly repetitive in preview videos.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onionknight14:

Sorry, crossed wires, it would make more sense if I replied to Mister_V. Anyway, we agree and let your link be the end of this topic. By trying to criticize the internet for being trigger-happy with accusations of bribery, we actually initiated the rumour. Good job.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By flameboy84

Hmmm weird to hear about the frame rate issues on PS4. I wonder how Xbox One holds up and whether it's scaling 900-1080p is preferable if it maintains 30fps.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm weird to hear about the frame rate issues on PS4. I wonder how Xbox One holds up and whether it's scaling 900-1080p is preferable if it maintains 30fps.

Yeah, if it's a rock solid 30fps on Xbox One I'd take the variable framerate. As someone who owns both a PS4 and Xbone I'll be interested to see how the game performs on each platform (I do currently have the PS4 version pre-ordered however, just because that's my preferred platform).

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By goonage

Yes! Extremely happy that I'm getting this game.

EDIT: Anyone know if GB is going to review it? I've noticed they haven't written any reviews lately.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being watching this, seems like a more down to earth review.

Loading Video...

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One week. ONE WEEK. I need to finsh the last of the fan translated books again

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sanfordmay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombie2011: I'm renting it first. Huge RPGs either take with us around my house or they don't, no matter how good they are from a more unbiased perspective. That said, if it clicks we'll buy it. Though with substantial DLC expansions in the future I might be tempted to play through what's there, send it back, buy it when the game with DLC bundle hits retail. Which might be as early as this holiday season, as a repackaged bundle could make it a fair contender against some big holiday console title releases this year.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@flstyle said:

Magazines that did features on games before for previews never reviewed them either? or IGN or any number of sites that do the exact same thing Gamespot did here? Happens all the time.

Not saying people won't be outraged in some circles but they would be regardless. I don't spend time caring about that nonsense.

sanfordmay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By sanfordmay

@artisanbreads: Yeah the games press has its fair share of ethics issues but magazines and web outlets that didn't do features and previews of games they will review would only have at best half a year's worth of new content unless they review about every single 3DS title that's released.