PS5 upgrade worth it?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

So The PS5 upgrade is £10 since I own the PS4 version, is the upgrade worth it?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I got the Deluxe edition at launch because I'm a big Tony Hawk fan so I got the upgrade "free" and for me the answer is no, I wouldn't pay for it.

Now most of that is because I already played most of what I'm going to play of the game. I'll keep it installed and boot it up from time to time to fool around with it, but I'm not likely to ever put more than an hour or two into it at one time ever again. I also don't have a 120 FPS TV, which is apparently where the upgrade really shines.

But as a 60 FPS Pleb I think the game ran well on PS4 and looked fine there. The PS5 version is a bit sharper and has a few more effects added but in a game that fast paced I didn't notice them. DualSense integration doesn't really add anything. So I wouldn't pay $10 for a slightly enhanced version of a game I'm not going to be playing a ton of going forward.

If I were super into the multiplayer and putting a bunch of time into the game still, or if I had a 120 FPS TV, my answer might be different.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: Yeah I'd be the same just boot it up occasionally to free skate, guess I'll skip it.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next gen upgrade fees are such bullshit. Do you have to pay something similar for the Series X version, or is this nonsense unique to Sony?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do remember tho i bought Injustice on PS3 then again on PS4.

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By navster15

@frytup: In this case, the next gen upgrade is a cost adder on Xbox. But as an owner of the base version of Tony Hawk, I’m perfectly fine playing the back compat version on my Series X. I checked some comparison videos and I guess my old ass eyes can’t tell the difference with the next gen version (yes, I watched in 4K), so I sure as hell am not paying the upgrade fee.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they ever drop it to 5€, I'll maybe grab it for myself, just to see it look a little more pretty and to try out the 120hz mode. Or maybe I shouldn't give them even that amount, since there probably won't be anymore THPS happening, thanks to VV now working forever on Blizzard stuff.

The upgrade fee feels even more dumb in this case, since Crash 4, a game also published by Activision, got a free next-gen upgrade but for whatever reason they want you to cough up the money for THPS.