Tony Hawks Pro Skater remaster

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi all,

So it seems a new Tony Hawk Pro Skater game is in the works built on the concepts/maps from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2. Eurogamer have an article about how this was leaked ahead of time by Tony Hawk and a trailer for the game. Link to article and video.

So, what do you think? I remember playing a demo I think of one of these games on the PS1 and playing the third game on PS2 at a family members house. I do have some doubts in mind (just due to how this series has been treated in recent years in terms of the quality and bugs in game etc) but if this is done really well and has style dual joystick controls, then this could be something very special indeed.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the fact that Robomodo isn't going to have anything to do with this one (understandably, as they're defunct) and it's instead being developed by Vicarious Visions, is something that already has me cautiously optimistic. Activision is still kind of a red flag, especially with the microtransaction bs that was pulled off with the CTR remake, but maybe they won't ruin this one with monetization...? It's a nice thought at least.

Osiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

3 is the pinnacle and I'd love to see that. But they're updating the gameplay for 1 and 2 with a revert so I'm 100% in.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two things i want
1. A Steam release.
2. Underground.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame said:

Two things i want

1. A Steam release.

2. Underground.

Apparently it's Epic store exclusive on PC. That's gonna go down well.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7 FinalDasa  Moderator

The songs are a weird sticking point for me. Whenever I think about that warehouse level I'm always hearing Guerilla Radio.

More than likely the visuals and gameplay will still bring me in.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm one of those weirdos who likes the additions THUG made (minus the freakout) so I'd still rather play those. It does look nice but I dont really care that much about graphics, it's all about the gameplay, especially with THPS. Also the asking price is high, i'm tempted to buy it just to show support to THPS but I dont think Activision deserve that nor do they care unlesss the game sells COD numbers.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I was not so long ago touching an original Playstation with the intent of purchasing it because for some reason original PSX memory cards are the only ones I kept around and I know a THPS save is on it and that was the only impetus for said touching.

I will be all over this, assuming it's done right.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Assuming this is good, I will be there day one.

donutello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By donutello

That gameplay video looks really great and i am very interested, but...

this is Activision

No Caption Provided

look

No Caption Provided

what do you think about this, folks?

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am totally in for this. I loved THPS1-3 back in the day and would love to jump in again. They already have me listening to some of the soundtrack, like Goldfinger, that I haven't heard since the 90s.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@donutello: uhh I think its just saying you need to pay for Xbox LIVE.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@omgfather said:
@cikame said:

Two things i want

1. A Steam release.

2. Underground.

Apparently it's Epic store exclusive on PC. That's gonna go down well.

Even I got over that one eventually lol. Oh well. For me the thing that has helped is how much I've liked Steam less over time.

@finaldasa said:

The songs are a weird sticking point for me. Whenever I think about that warehouse level I'm always hearing Guerilla Radio.

More than likely the visuals and gameplay will still bring me in.

I'm just pressing play on a playlist and making it work on my own lol.

It looks great. I love the updated models so they look current, nice touch. I'm one of those who didn't care for too much after 3 so past that I'm waiting for them to never make Skate 4.

donutello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephen_von_cloud: oh you are probably right! that's a relief, i was affraid of microtransactions or something

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BaneFireLord

Hearing it has reverts and the other chaining tricks from 3 and 4 in there makes it an instabuy unless it totally shits the bed. Those gameplay videos looked clean as hell and I'm very excited.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: Freakouts were a THUG2 thing.
While the original Underground is my favourite by a country mile, i do like me some Project 8, a simple but content filled open world with a totally revamped and polished animation system, i even liked the slow motion Nail The Trick mechanic, so that's another game i'd love to see re-released.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bummed it's an epic store exclusive, still really dislike that how devoid of features their store is and just dislike Epic in general. Also maybe I'm the only one...but I kinda wish they had a Halo anniversary style toggle between old graphics/new. I won't say the old games looked good but I still find early 3D stuff to have a certain charm to it.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What has me optimistic is that this is being developed by Vicarious Visions, who have done some really great remasters lately with the Crash and Spyro stuff. The trailer is awesome and got me pretty hyped to check this out when it releases. Glad they got the licenses to the old soundtrack.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panfoot:

I really hope there is a cheat code/unlocked mode for old graphics. It seems very much like a possible novelty thps thing.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is the list of songs they couldn't get the licenses for

• Suicidal Tendencies - “Cyco Vision”
  • Unsane - “Committed”
  • Anthrax & Public Enemy - “Bring the Noise”
  • The High & Mighty - “B-Boy Document ‘99"
  • Alley Life - “Out With The Old”

Most of them don't bother me but "Bring the Noise" was the iconic song for Pro Skater 2 for me, so that's a major bummer.