Warframe Plains of Eidolon launches today!

quirkwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By quirkwood

So, Warframe's first open world area The Plains of Eidolon launched today. I just had a bit of a look around, there appears to be a new faction as well as a few faction vendors as well as bounty missions for the new zone. Seems kind of neat

Also the servers appear to be on fire!

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah servers on fire, maybe there are more players than they can handle haha.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By rapid

@quirkwood You beat me to create this thread!

Warframe Plains of Eidolon is hot of the press on PC! (with consoles release window in November)

If you want to know everything about the new update check out the official Update 22 (29-pages worth) of Patch Notes here

Loading Video...

A special message from DE:

The highly anticipated Plains of Eidolon update is here! Our biggest update, ever, Plains of Eidolon has finally arrived! First off, thank you for checking it out!

If you're new to Warframe - oh hi! You’ve arrived at an interesting time in our multi-year journey. We hope you’ll stay a while and join our little space-ninja community. Cetus and its open landscape, Plains of Eidolon, have been placed early on in the progression path on Earth so that you can experience them as soon as possible!

If you’re a Founder - a Veteran - a Prime Access supporter - please know that it is by your hand that this crazy update is even possible. This update is dedicated to you.

Plains of Eidolon, with its expansive landscape and all-new dynamic game systems, represents the ongoing evolution of Warframe. Our continuing mission: to create a game that feels alive, that challenges its creators and its players alike. A game that lives up to the amazing community that has grown around it.

Happy Fishing, Tenno!

LOVE,

THE WARFRAME TEAM

No Caption Provided

Highlights from the Patch Notes: Obviouslly the patch notes themselves have all the info but if you're looking for big ticket times I have them below:

1. Cetus - Found on Earth

The Plains of Eidolon and Cetus operate on a persistent asymmetrical Day/Night Cycle. As the sun rises and sets, different gameplay systems become available! The details are:

• The 'Day' cycle lasts 100 minutes.
  • The 'Night' cycle lasts 50 minutes.
  • The full cycle is 150 minutes (Day + Night).
  • You can get BOUNTIES from Konzu in Cetus - these are missions that increase your standing and earn you rewards. You can do this DAY or NIGHT!
  • INCURSIONS are random events that will occur in the Plains if you haven't selected a Bounty before you depart. These only happen in the DAY!
  • At NIGHT you can engage in the TERALYST HUNT.
  • Ostron Vendors are accessible in Cetus at any time!

The NPCS of the Town of Cetus:

• Fishing tackle, bait, and mounting - Fisher Hai-Luk

Fishing! Feed yourself and the ones you love! Spears, bait, and a lifetime of knowledge! Fisher Hai-Luk, at your service!

• Mining - Old Man Suumbaat

Let Old Man Suumbaat help you draw wealth from the Plains! All your mining needs catered to right here!

• Masks and Oddities - Nakak
  • Knickknacks and oddities!

FOSFORs can also be purchased from Nakak! Fosfors do more than just signal your position - blast these flares into the sky (when equipped in your Gear wheel) for a significantly increased Affinity Range while active!

• Animals - Master Teasonai

Unique Kubrow & Kavat Gene Masking Kits and Orbiter decorations! A hunter should take pride in their animal.

• Bounty Giver - Konzu

Handy with gun or blade? Cetus needs you.

• Zaw Weapon Assembly (Modular Weapons) - Hok's Anvil

2. Zaw Weapon Assembly (Modular Weapons)

You have long dreamed of your perfect blade! Dream no longer, at master craftsman Hok's anvil your dreams will become reality. Stoke your fires of creativity!

Hok offers a variety of services and is your gateway to modular Melee weapons called 'Zaws'. Through Cetus you can acquire components to forge your very own Zaw! Be sure to view Hok's Other Services to find out how to make your Zaw (and other Melee weapons) your own!

Exodia are a new series of enhancements used on Zaws - they work similarly to Arcanes and are technology accessible from the Ostron people. You can install an Exodia on your Zaw in your Foundry in the 'Arcanes' section.

No Caption Provided

3. ARCHWING FLIGHT

Summon your Archwing at will to fly through the open landscape, spot and battle Grineer enemies from the sky, and experience the beautiful scenery. Movement has been reworked to make it easy to fly through the Plains and engage enemies on the ground. Please note this Sky Archwing version is separately balanced in terms of powers and speed.

How to enable Sky Archwing:

Acquire the Sky Archwing Enabler Segment available in the Market or in the Tenno Research Lab in the Dojo!

• Craft and Equip Charges of the Enabler!
  • Enter the Plains of Eidolon!
  • Call your Sky Archwing down using the Gear Menu!

Gameplay while in the Plains consist of the following:

• Incursions!

When you're out on the Plains of Eidolon at your leisure - the Lotus will prompt you to opt into 'INCURSIONS'. These are randomly generated missions.

• Bounties!

Konzu will present you with a list of Bounties in Cetus. There are 5 Tiers of Bounties determined by enemy level and Reward pools! These Bounties rotate cyclically.

4. New Glass Themed Warframe

Gara’s New Signature Glass Weapons and Customizations!

Loading Video...

5. Mag Prime Deluxe Collection

No Caption Provided

MAG PNEUMA SKIN

Breath new life into Mag with her lavish new form.

MARUTA TONFA SKIN

Mag Pneuma’s signature skin for Tonfa weapons.

VASA SYANDANA

Mag Pneuma’s signature Syandana.

6. Focus 2.0 - The Operator System Completely Redone!

No Caption Provided

Focus means Spoilers - read no further if you haven't completed The Second Dream!

It's been almost two years since we released the first version of Focus. Focus comes as a system unlocked upon completion of 'The Second Dream'. After answering a series of questions from The Lotus, you (the Operator) chose a Focus school and began your journey through a series of Passives that you needed to unlock all the while earning the Focus points to do so. Then came The War Within, where your Operator became playable with a few abilities meant mainly to help you earn Kuva and participate in Quests.

The core purpose of this rework is to shift the goals of the Focus system away from supplementing Warframes and towards making your Operator more combat-ready.

Actives in their current form on the public build are at the behest of a 100 HP pool for the Operator. The Active and Passive Focus paths in Focus 2.0 aim to increase your Operator’s survivability and to give you the option to approach combat with added Operator support and armaments. Only a few encounters will necessitate this and as the game and feedback grows we will develop accordingly.

As far as the Focus Schools themselves, we have clear cut the trees of the old system and are rebuilding entirely new ability paths. We are also including cross-Focus nodes you can unlock within different trees!

Many benefits of the new Focus trees are linked to the activation of the Operator or Operator Abilities (Void Dash, Void Blast, Void Mode).

We have reduced the Pool Increase costs significantly and distributed the Focus point investment more into the nodes.

No Caption Provided

7. Time Limited: Twitch Drops Campaign!

For 2 weeks following the Plains of Eidolon, our first ever Twitch Drops Campaign is live!

https://www.warframe.com/news/the-great-eidolon-hunt

Sniper Rifle Changes:

General Sniper Changes:

• Reticle sway removed from all zoom levels!
  • 1 meter punch through added to all snipers without any to start with (snipers with innate punch through unchanged).
  • 1 combo count removed at a time when duration runs out instead of all of them (decay vs. cooldown).
  • 1 combo count removed on miss instead of all of them
  • Additional bullets from multishot will each count as their own hits and misses in the combo counter
  • Combo duration reduced to 2 seconds for all snipers apart from Lanka which is reduced to 6
  • Damage fall off begins at 400 meters and ends at 600 meters with damage reduced to 50% past 600 meters.

Specific Sniper Weapon Changes: Read the Patch notes for specific reworks of each weapon

No Caption Provided

If looking at this update this made you go "wow, I'd love to check that out but I don't have any friends who would play it with me" then threat not as Giant Bomb as its own clan that you can request to join here:

Giant Bomb Alliance (PC)

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just jumped into the update and was blown away from the sudden influx of new things to do. I love it because it reminds me of when I first started playing Warframe, but it could have used something to ease you in. A starter quest with Lotus going "Hey, the Cetus colony is opening its borders for the first time in years. Let's check them out," or something along those lines would've been great.

Still, from the small section I ran through before I decided to throw in the towel for the night, it's kind of amazing. It's at a scope I didn't initially expect to see, bigger and broader than my cynical mind assumed. It'll take me at least a week to sort out and absorb all of the new content.

It comes at a super contentious time, though. This update comes out in the same month as Destiny 2 (PC), Super Mario Odyssey, and Wolfenstein the New Colossus is coming out. I'm going to be pulled in many directions for the rest of the year.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just watched a team of four take on an Eidolon, and it was pretty damn awesome. Took'em quite a while to take it down; it kept spawning rockets and little flying drones that were killing people right and left.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda want to check this out but all my characters and bought stuff is on ps4, plus the game seems to change so much it's hard to follow.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@burncoat: Destiny 2 coming to PC this month is probably why it's out this early. When PoE was shown off earlier this year, I think most people didn't actually expect it this year. It's such a huge update and it's one that's actually getting attention from mainstream gaming websites that typically ignore it despite having a large install base.

I didn't even realise it was going to be on Earth. It's a smart decision. I imagine this'll get quite a few new people coming into the game. Maybe even @Rorie will be able to play it as the requirements are quite easy for new players/people who haven't played much.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@burncoat: Destiny 2 coming to PC this month is probably why it's out this early. When PoE was shown off earlier this year, I think most people didn't actually expect it this year. It's such a huge update and it's one that's actually getting attention from mainstream gaming websites that typically ignore it despite having a large install base.

I didn't even realise it was going to be on Earth. It's a smart decision. I imagine this'll get quite a few new people coming into the game. Maybe even @Rorie will be able to play it as the requirements are quite easy for new players/people who haven't played much.

I think you need to have beaten the tutorial questline and have the airframe thing to get the most out of the new zone, neither of which I've done. Don't know if I have time to unlock it at the moment.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rorie: You don't need an archwing. In fact, the requirements for getting archwing access while on the surface is coming off as excessive to some players.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rapid

@rorie: You can still access the Plains of Eidolon without having the Archwing (you won't be able to fly around with Archwing but it's not mandatory)

In fact in order to use Archwing you will need a upgrade item that the Clan is currently crafting the research (2 days left) which will enable Archwing flight in atmosphere.

To access the plains you need to first visit Cetus the big HUB on Earth and talk to to an NPC named Konzu. After getting a bounty from him you need to walk through thee large gate to load into a Plains of Eidolon instance.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

With that said if you happen to enter the plains while at Night be careful don't go too far from town!. Enemy Mobs are considerably more difficult and higher level at night. (Night Time is meant for more veteran players who have done the Second Dream & War Within quests and unlocked the Operator). Plains in the day time is more gear towards new players.

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

For those returning to the game before you start to play make sure you check the settings in the launcher and choose Optimize. This helps tremendously with load times and possible desync crashes during transition to the new area.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I guess I can get into it! Maybe we'll try it on UPF at some point but I'll have to make sure it's daytime.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love fishing minigames in games and man seeing that screen after a catch was pretty good.

The Warframe world is really heavy with it's atmosphere. Sentient tech-organic monsters, deformed clone armies, and more fill a world that feels incredibly bleak at times. Entering Cestus shows you a gruesome part of their economy that reminds me of the whale processing in Dishonored. It can afford to lighten up a bit because aside from Clem and Octavia, everything is kinda grimdarkish.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcraggle: this post made me realize that we have yet another PoE to add to the list for pc games, took me a second to realize you didnt mean pillars of eternity or path of exile lol.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TurtleFish

I put in about 300 hours of Warframe over a year or so, but stopped playing around the same time the Sanctuary Update came in. (Got really busy at work, moved on to other games in what little spare time I had.)

Just fired it up again today... ohhhhhh boy.

Is there a quick way to get back up to speed on what's going on, or should I just start over again with the tutorial mission on Mercury? (Mercury is still the starting point, right?)

RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ghoti221: If you wanna do the Plains of Eidolon straight from the bat, you can head to earth which is a starting planet and go to a node called Cetus. From that part start a easy bounty (level 5-10 , 10-30 should do) or you can explore the plains and go fishing or mining.

If you wanna do the main quest which has story and new abilities head to Uranus and try to start Natah Quest.

If you need help and support, you can join the official (unofficial) Giantbomb Warframe clan : Giantbomb Heavy Inc

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Sometimes I feel like jumping back in but I’m actually a little terrified of being absolutely lost.

h8raid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@humanity said:

Sometimes I feel like jumping back in but I’m actually a little terrified of being absolutely lost.

You will be absolutely lost BUT that's part of the fun/intrigue. The developers will be releasing bug fixes and economy tweaks throughout the coming week; come check it out next weekend. The core run-n-gun-n-blade gameplay is so buttery that it's totally worth kicking the tires and it's FREE!

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rupertthebear: Thanks for the info. I was a member of the clan back in the day, but I'm sure I got dropped for inactivity at one point. I'll see if I get back hard into it, or if I end up doing other things. (There are a LOT of good games in the hopper right now, which isn't really compatible with working 70-80 hours a week. The joys of working I.T. on high priority projects with hard deadlines.)

If I can free up a night, I need to go back in first and refresh my knowledge of the controls and figure out what the heck they did to my Rhino/Carrier build. I played a defense mission on Venus, something really easy for a max level Warframe, and it all felt wrong. I also noticed they took the vacuum away from my Carrier, which is rather annoying. I'm guessing the meta evolved. :)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@h8raid: well actually I heard it’s only free for ninjas.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By rapid
@humanity said:

No Caption Provided

Hey humanity let me know if you ever want to join the clan again. We can help you and guide you through the game again. The game definitely has supercharged (although it's still has your favorite aestriod tile set but don't worry now there is new levels, quests with big lore reveals and also thus plains stuff. The Clan is still active and still wearing the logo you made years ago.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rapid

He's some our first impressions of Plains of Eidolon with the GB Clan. They have been releasing patches for the update everyday this week. The town loads better than it did day 1 now and they've been addressing notifications, and reward tables.

Loading Video...
Winterblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

For the first time ever, I was minding my own business when the Eidolon spawned in the water right next to me. Obviously I've seen one before and whatnot, but there's that brief moment of pants-shitting when you realize you're in the middle of something and also at ground zero of that thing waking up for the night.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the first time ever, I was minding my own business when the Eidolon spawned in the water right next to me. Obviously I've seen one before and whatnot, but there's that brief moment of pants-shitting when you realize you're in the middle of something and also at ground zero of that thing waking up for the night.

The first time it sneaks up on you is great but the Eidolon usually won't bother you unless you aggro them. I enjoy watching the chaos especially when the Grineer enemies end up fighting it. I'll just be minding my own business, fishing and then hear explosions and chaos in the far distance.Was talking to some Duders in the giant bomb clan and it reminds us of Far Cry 3 / 4 in that way.

Winterblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rapid: Yeah, by that time I'd already messed with them enough to know they really don't do much unless you really get in their face. The smaller things are more annoying (but also easily avoided). Still made for an interesting experience when it happens like RIGHT beside you. :)

Liking the new zone, but now after playing the snot out of it since its release I'm kinda bouncing off of it a bit.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

*reinstalls the game after not have touched it for over a year*

*goes to the actual plains of Eidolon*

*loses all of my revives in under two minutes*

I see you Warframe, kicking my ass.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rapid

@winterblink said:

@rapid: Yeah, by that time I'd already messed with them enough to know they really don't do much unless you really get in their face. The smaller things are more annoying (but also easily avoided). Still made for an interesting experience when it happens like RIGHT beside you. :)

Liking the new zone, but now after playing the snot out of it since its release I'm kinda bouncing off of it a bit.

That's sort of the thoughts I have as well as I been playing the update. It's impressive and I am really enjoying how diverse the Plains is compared to traditional Warframe. But you hit the grind wall pretty hard. I am not sure how far you are in Warframe. But unless you are invested in improving your Operator, the plains content seems not rewarding enough. I think the Plains of Eidolon is too segregated and standalone from the rest of the game. It was the same problem I have with the Archwing content. It's a game within a game and not a sequel issue.

They had to introduce the update for both veterans and new player. They introduced brand new resources and loot so that new and old players have a equal footing. However, inadvertently the progress you make in the plains doesn't contribute enough to the rest of the game to make it worth while for new players. The loot you are grinding at the higher tier bounties are only really useful for players have completed Second Dream and War Within, and want to increase the potential of their Operator to be able to and more effectively fight the Eidolon.

In other words, fighting the Eidolon at night although awesome! You only really gain more resources to further improve your Operator, so you fight again Eidolon better. And if you are not really into to do that repeatedly this update kind of bland.

Winterblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rapid: I've not completed many of the missions, I try my best to solo but I've hit the wall at Jupiter of needing a assistance to defeat bosses. :) Thus, I've got no operator, which was quite confusing for a while when people started talking about masks and lenses and whatnot.

I should really grind some more and toggle on public matchmaking more often.... but D2 is out today, that's not going to help.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By rapid

@winterblink said:

@rapid: I've not completed many of the missions, I try my best to solo but I've hit the wall at Jupiter of needing a assistance to defeat bosses. :) Thus, I've got no operator, which was quite confusing for a while when people started talking about masks and lenses and whatnot.

I should really grind some more and toggle on public matchmaking more often.... but D2 is out today, that's not going to help.

What's your loadout and mod situation like, have you maxed out your starter frame?

Yeah with Destiny 2 out we'll see what happens to the Warframe player numbers. Destiny will be nice distraction from Warframe. Although I doubt I will be invested in Destiny 2 for more than a month. Warframe is the loot game that I keep coming back to.

Winterblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rapid: Oh easily, for funsies I've been forma-ing my Excalibur a bunch, and I have about four or five other frames that I've built over the years. I've been playing since the game launched, just not constantly :D

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Short PSA for anyone playing console, Plains of Eidolon coming Nov 14 to the consoles.

On the PC the Giant Bomb Clan has been hunting Eidolons checkout a video here:

Careful for spoilers if you have not played the Second Dream, or War Within

Loading Video...