Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Seppli

@dionysis said:

I don't have any issues with the removable batteries and generally prefer the option to replace just the rechargeable pack/battery rather than the whole controller.

In my experience with the Dualshock 3, the mechanical parts fail way before the internal battery. In every modern gamepad I ever had, after enough use the analogsticks are going to fail somewhat. In my first 360 controller something broke at the base of the stick from constant L3 sprinting in Bad Company 1. My first Dualshock 3's left analogstick is off-center a bit, sometimes registering a minute upward movement in the neutral position (after 5 years and tousands of hours of play) - and the internal battery still holds its load.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

A coworker has had problems with the batteries losing their connection since day one.

confideration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I purchased a second controller and there weren't even batteries in the box, there was just an empty space where they should have been. Xbox One battery-gate gets worse and worse folks!

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Never noticed this at all while I had batteries in. I'd bet it has a lot to do with the metal battery post springs though.

I replaced the my batteries w/a play and charge kit and the rechargeable pack fits in super tight.

Beb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I beat dead rising 3 without experiencing any battery problems.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ended up buying play and charge kits for both of my controllers. And for what it's worth all 4 of my ps3 controllers still work fine. 2 are 6 years old, the moves are a couple years old, and my other 2 controllers are 3 or so years old. My 360 play and charge also works just fine still, got it when I bought my 360 elite in 06 or 07. Taking care of batteries can be hard for some people, and being negligent will definitely cause you to have issues.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, at first I thought the One controller was a step back in a few ways. Then I played some 360 and could not stop wishing I could play with the One controller on the 360. I got used to it and really like the response of the sticks, the smooth triggers, the clicky sounds of the D-Pad etc. It feels like a more responsive and more comfortable controller. But yet again, it's all about personal tastes. I hope you will get around to liking it as time goes on as I did in the last 2 weeks. I have the recharge kit and a controller with aa batteries. I think having the option is good. I also like the fact that your controller doesn't become useless when the internal battery dies. To me, it's a better long term option especially since I'm planning on playing the one for the next 5 years. 60$ for a controller is a lot of me and I don't want to buy a new one every 2-3 years.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#58 chaser324  Moderator

This complain is the shinning example of fanboyism and quite possibly the dumbest argument I've ever heard. The Xbox One requiring batteries is on the verge of disgusting and almost comical.

Wow! The irony is just so good.

banderas.gif

Bravo!