Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Turn 10's third installment in the Forza series. Forza Motorsport 3 offers 100 tracks and 400 cars with full customization, as well as video editing and uploading.

1st Annual GB100 GP Endurance Race - FINAL DETAILS

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By trace

By Pax's request, I'm consolidating all the final details for the GB100 Endurance Race event into a new thread for easy viewing. Be sure to check back here for any last minute changes as we get closer to the dreaded day of racing!

The 1st Annual GB100 Grand Prix Endurance Race

WHERE: Forza Motorsport 3 online
    WHEN: January 1st, 7 PM EST (midnight GMT)
    HOW TO JOIN:
    Send a friend request to one of the following gamertags:
    • Laz PsEG (highly recommended since I'm sending out the gift cars)
    • GiantBomb Forza (our Giant Bomb Forza player directory)
    • PAX MORTE (he'll be there or else)

THE RACES:

Race 1: A Class, Silverstone, 24 laps
    Race 2: S Class, Silverstone, 24 laps
    Race 3: R3 Class, Silverstone, 24 laps
    Race 4: R2 Class, Le Mans (Old Mulsanne), 24 laps
    Race 5: R1 Class, Le Mans (Old Mulsanne), four laps

FEEL FREE TO JOIN FOR ONE OR ALL OF THE RACES! If a race is already underway, feel free to join the lobby/party and spectate/chat with us/us.

THE RULES:

1. Have fun.
    2. Don't be a dick.
    3. Damage will be set on Limited for the first four races, and Cosmetic for the final race. This means you'll probably need to enter the pits at some point. Be sure to make a note of where it is on each track, and watch your fuel gauge. Someone will probably speak up over voice chat when it's time to pit.
    4. If you hit or take out someone accidentally, abide by rule 2 and let them recover and get back past you. Just a helpful suggestion of courtesy!
    5. AI will be added to fill up any empty spots, set to easy, and given crappy cars. Feel free to mess with the AI cars however you see fit, since they're soulless abominations we're only adding to increase the end-of-race cash flow.

PRIZES:

I spent a night throwing together some vinyl groups that I could slap on gifts. My sanity's not exactly intact, as a result. Also, I'm not eligible for any of these, even though I'm racing, so don't worry about me spoiling the outcome and preventing you from getting something awesome.

Prizes are subject to be added or changed for the better. Depending on turn-out, prizes may take a short while to be gifted, and will probably be limited to one per person, with most expensive/awesome car taking priority.

Grand Prize

To the racer we deem the best over the course of these five races, the gift of a blindingly bright yellow Mercedes SLR, adorned with the Oscar Mike logo you might be familiar with. 

Look at this fancy car with that sweet logo. It could be yours!
     Look at this fancy car with that sweet logo. It could be yours!

Completion Prize

Depending on the number of drivers and number of races completed, anyone who completes a whole endurance race will find themselves with a Chevy Stock Car or a 1960 Chevy Corvette! The design will be either Oscar Mike in yellow or brown, or Neon Space Lobsters in black and white.

They have to work co-operatively. You can fly solo. (Pew Pew)
    They have to work co-operatively. You can fly solo. (Pew Pew)

Entry Prize

For those who complete more than a lap but less than a race, a Lancia Stratos will be provided as our thanks for playing.

This Stratos is totally Oscar Mike in brown.
    This Stratos is totally Oscar Mike in brown.

QUESTIONS:

How do I enter?
    See the top of the thread. It's that easy!

I don't want to scroll up! Can't you just tell me again here?
    Just send a friend request to Laz PsEG, and be online and in Forza 3 around 7 PM EST on New Years Day for Race 1.

What if I can't make Race 1?
    No worries! Feel free to join whenever's most convenient for you. We should be racing well into the night, and between races I'll definitely throw party and game invites to anyone in Forza 3 on my friends list.

Any suggestions for the races?
    Just make sure you have a car you like for each class, if you can afford it. Having a car lower than level 5 is pretty optimal, since these races will likely push any (undamaged) car to level 5. Focus on racing clean and accident-free, and you should have a lot of fun!

Also, a little protip. If you've gotten the Bugatti Veyron through leveling up, and want a crazy thrill, you might consider upgrading it to R2 for the Le Mans race. Otherwise, feel free to grab a fast car that actually handles for that R2 race. You'll probably catch up to the Veyrons in the turns that follow the Mulsanne straight.

What if no one races all five races except for Pax and PsEG? Who wins the SLR then?
    In the event of this, we'll decide who the top racer for the night was, and the SLR will go their way. In especially close cases, we might expand the prize pool a little. I'm throwing money away here!

What if I want a certain paintjob for my prize car?
    Just let me know. I'm willing to slap whatever on whatever!

Your paint jobs suck!
    Well, at least you get a free car, right? Also, feel free to alter the paintjob/vinyl design however you see fit.

Did you ask the t-shirt makers if they were OK with you putting their images into Forza 3?
    ...shit. No. If there is a problem in that regard, let me know we'll gladly pull the vinyls in question as a prize. Otherwise, it's Forza, and these replica vinyls are going out for free, so hopefully there's no issue.

Why isn't there an F Class race?
    I don't know! I'm thinking we need to resolve that for a future event down the road. Well down the road. All this movie/vinyl making is wearing me out.
    pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By pakx
    @PsEG said:

Why isn't there an F Class race?
    Dave Snider's Law: if you're going to stare at the back of a character for an extended period of time, it might as well be a hot chick, or a supercar (citation needed)
    pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By pakx

Also, everyone should feel free to deck out thier cars in thier most impressive paint jobs and decals! i myself am decking out all five of my GB100 cars as themed GT cars, with my two main sponsors, Giant Bomb Dot Com and Top Gear! and of course i'll be flying the flag of my adoptive country.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

so go nuts! rep hard! see you there!
    FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By FlipperDesert

And I am preparing by making all my Nissans have the most garish anime girl painjobs I can find on the marketplace. No, I have no pictures.

I doubt I'll be up for long but I'll look forward to seeing you guys there!

Keval_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Keval_N

I'm glad I checked out the forums today, didn't know this was going on.  I think I'll be in, hopefully for the whole thing since I woke up at like 2 PM EST today.  Time for some practice on Silverstone . . . its never been my best track.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By trace

Just posting to give a heads-up that we're under 30 minutes away from opening the lobby to Race 1. I'll jump into Forza 3 here in a few to make my final car selections, and dolly up my rides, given enough time.

Good to see you'll be joining us at the start, Flipper! It's been too long since I've had the opportunity to race against you (and matt, too, wherever he is). Hopefully you'll be around for the show as well, Keval. This should be a pretty interesting line-up!

Oh, and to those of you uncertain as to whether you should join in the Forza fun times or not...just join in. I'm sure there'll be a few spots open, and even if you only race for a short while (or just spectate if we've started), it should be quite entertaining. Newcomers are always welcome!

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By unsolvedparadox

Just found out about this! I need to grab dinner, but I'll try to be on by 9pm to catch the last 1-2 races.

GTFan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By GTFan712

Gah, I missed the A and S class races. Well, let's see how I can fare in the R3 and up races. 

I might chute out to go play some clan matches in MW2, though. 

-GT

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By trace

Well, that was an incredible event. That's some of the hardest racing I've had to do in quite some time! Keval did a great job taking victories in A-Class and S-Class, and the R3 race was one of the longest and most intense Ferrari FXX battles I've ever seen (sorry about the first lap incident, Br0nz3), though I managed to ruin a great battle with GTFan through contact, giving Keval a third win.

R2 was a hilarious clusterfuck at Le Mans (and thankfully shortened to nine laps), as a bunch of us with Bugatti Veyrons realized our setups weren't adequate, and crashed quite often. Br0nz3, whose Veyron was perfectly tuned for Le Mans, ran away with the race. Finally, the R1 sprint had an early incident, and my Penske Porsche's power down the Mulsanne gave me the final victory.

Afterwards, there were a few quick races, and after half the group left, Keval, Unsolved, Br0nz3, and I experimented with other racing modes, including my "Two Lap Magic" mode The Chase and Virus Tag. Loads of fun, overall.

Anyways! Since there wasn't much warning for this event, and those who attended are awesome, I thought I'd be a little thrifty with the prizes I toss out. I probably won't do this for future events, since there's a good amount of money for simply finishing. Regardless, these should go out sometime over the next week:

The Prize Listing

• Keval N, for winning three of the five races, will receive the Mercedes SLR and a Chevy Stock Car.
    • Br0nz3, for the most decisive victory of the night in R2, will also receive a Mercedes SLR and Chevy Stock Car.
    • GTFan712, for being a part of the incredible FXX battle and being screwed out of a possible win by me, will also receive a Mercedes SLR and Chevy Stock Car.
    • Finally, FlipperDesert, for staying up way too late for every single race in European time while sick as a dog, will receive a Mercedes SLR and Chevy Stock Car, provided he's still alive to receive them. Get well soon, Flipper!
    • PAX, for participating in three of the races, will receive a Chevy Stock Car and Lancia Stratos, as soon as he returns my Dodge Stock Car (I keep forgetting to ask).
    • UnsolvedParadox, for participating at the end and being a general good sport, will receive a Chevy Stock Car and Lancia Stratos.
    • In total, $2,380,000 worth of cars is going out, as my thanks for helping in this brutal experiment.

If you already have one of the cars I'm planning to give you, let me know -- no point in handing out duplicates. I'll just send along designs as my thanks.

All cars will come with either an Oscar Mike or Neon Space Lobster design, with the alternate designs sent along as an additional gift. Feel free to alter them for your personal use as you see fit, but please don't try selling them -- I'll just put the pieces up for free on the storefront if that happens.

Hope everyone had fun...I'm considering this event a rousing success! We might have another endurance event planned down the road, with smaller prizes, since the end-of-race money is pretty substantial for these longer events.
    GTFan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GTFan712

I definitely had tons of fun, even though I missed the first two races. I enjoyed meeting all of you guys, and I'll be down for as many of the Thursday Night sessions I can attend in the future. 

If any cash is needed to come up with some more prizes, we can always have a small event with a couple long races, and have all the proceeds go to whoever is issuing the prizes, if that sounds okay to everyone else. 

Either way, I had loads of fun, and will be attending many more future GB100s... or GB1000s, depending on how many Le Mans laps we're set up to complete. 

-GT 

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FlipperDesert
    I'm still quite dead and slept until 3pm. Still, awesome! Thanks for letting me stay after the crash in the third race and sorry again Br0nz3! Today, I will blame being half-asleep even though me causing a collision is hardly an unheard-of thing.

Unless I get another chance in a holiday where I'm not ill I'm not gonna pull that again though, maybe it's worth looking into an EU event again sometime.
    Keval_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Keval_N
    @PsEG: I already have a Chevy Stock Car, however I do really like that black and white Neon Space Lobster design.  It would make a great gift as today is my birthday :).
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By trace
    @Keval_N said:
    " @PsEG: I already have a Chevy Stock Car, however I do really like that black and white Neon Space Lobster design.  It would make a great gift as today is my birthday :). "
    Well, happy birthday! The Stock Car designs and the SLR should be sitting in your message center.

Same goes for practically everyone else -- a crapload of cars and designs should be sitting in your message center. Hopefully everything arrives without any problems. As for money, I wouldn't worry about it right now, since I won almost a million credits from the racing last night, and already had a bunch in the way of reserves. With a lot of season play to go and a lot of online racing out there, I don't forsee a worrisome shortage of money in the near future.
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By unsolvedparadox
    Great fun by all! Bit bummed that I missed the 3rd and 4th hours due to hardware difficulties, but hours 5-8 were a lot of fun. 

Special thanks for all of the hard work that went into setting all of this up!

@PsEG
    said:

As for money, I wouldn't worry about it right now, since I won almost a million credits from the racing last night, and already had a bunch in the way of reserves. With a lot of season play to go and a lot of online racing out there, I don't forsee a worrisome shortage of money in the near future. "

Alrighty, let us know if we can kick in some virtual dollars later on. 

@Keval_N said: 

@PsEG: I already have a Chevy Stock Car, however I do really like that black and white Neon Space Lobster design.  It would make a great gift as today is my birthday :). "

Happy Belated Birthday! 
    FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FlipperDesert
    @PsEG said:
    " @Keval_N said:
    " @PsEG: I already have a Chevy Stock Car, however I do really like that black and white Neon Space Lobster design.  It would make a great gift as today is my birthday :). "
    Well, happy birthday! The Stock Car designs and the SLR should be sitting in your message center.  Same goes for practically everyone else -- a crapload of cars and designs should be sitting in your message center. Hopefully everything arrives without any problems. As for money, I wouldn't worry about it right now, since I won almost a million credits from the racing last night, and already had a bunch in the way of reserves. With a lot of season play to go and a lot of online racing out there, I don't forsee a worrisome shortage of money in the near future. "
    I didn't remember seeing anything in my inbox last I played but I can take another look, thanks Laz!
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By trace
    @FlipperDesert said:
    I didn't remember seeing anything in my inbox last I played but I can take another look, thanks Laz! "
    Ooof, that's my worst fear about this right now: cars getting lost in gifting without a trace. Hopefully it sent successfully, since everybody should have their cars by now.

If not, let me know and I'll send some replacements your way.
    FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FlipperDesert
    @PsEG: No worries; all is well. I just checked again.
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By unsolvedparadox
    @FlipperDesert said:

" @PsEG: No worries; all is well. I just checked again. "

I got mine on Saturday, guess it may have become "temporarily stuck in the Matrix" for a bit.  
    GTFan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GTFan712

I received my cars as well. Thanks, Laz! 

-GT

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Matfei90

GOD why did I have to miss out on this. I really need to check the forums more often.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.