Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Turn 10's third installment in the Forza series. Forza Motorsport 3 offers 100 tracks and 400 cars with full customization, as well as video editing and uploading.

Design Tips

Wickstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wickstrom

Does anyone have any advice or tips to give me as I begin to attempt making car designs on Forza 3? I've made only a few so far, but they were all NASCAR-like and on one of the four stock cars. I'd love to make some cars with game themes, but I still consider myself an amateur at the designing process. Any tips would be appreciated. My problem seems to be that I can visualize a finished design, but am unable to complete the steps to get to a finished product. 

I know what I have said may make it hard for people to give me advice, and for that I am sorry. It's hard to explain my troubles, but I believe that I did my best. Any of your guys help is much appreciated. My gamertag is mjwickstrom1. Once I complete some designs I'll put them on my Storefront if anyone wants to check them out. Once again, thanks!

Coldfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Coldfront

Well that depends on where you are at because some people consider their stuff crap when its really quite good and others think their de vinci with racing lines. Other than that try to combine primitives together to get what you want. You can also use the base color to "erase" (meaning you have red on black so you alter the red by filling in black)  parts of standard stuff make if have a more custom feel to it. Other than that dump a bunch of time into whatever you are doing if you dont need storefront or gifting you can use storefront logos to give your cars more racy feel. Also have fun with it if you find you are getting frustrated take a break and do a race. Hope this kinda helped.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

@Wickstrom:

I took a few photos as I progressed through a completely ridiculous design in Forza 3. I should have taken more but here's what I did take:

First starting
     First starting

In-progress
     In-progress

Finished
     Finished

Close-up finished
     Close-up finished

This probably isn't going to help you much. It's fun looking back on the process that went into making a design though. Even one as dumb as this.  :P
    Wickstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wickstrom

I appreciate your guys input. I will certainly take your thoughts into consideration.

Hoss360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hoss360

you say that you like making nascar replicas?

i think that's a pretty good place to start... the most important things to remember are the details. just do one thing at a time, but don't skimp... for example, stay away from in-game font and in-game logos... especially for nascar replicas. just do one logo at a time, then place them on the car you want to paint. look for detailed source pics so you can tell what every little logo is. if you have any more questions, feel free to ask...

btw, here's one of my NASCAR replicas:

No Caption Provided
    Wickstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wickstrom
    @Hoss360 

I don't necesarilly make replicas of NASCAR cars, I make my own fictional designs. I mostly just used sponser logos on the game to fill space up on the cars, and flames in the background that I got off the Storefront.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.