Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Turn 10's third installment in the Forza series. Forza Motorsport 3 offers 100 tracks and 400 cars with full customization, as well as video editing and uploading.

Top Gear Stig Garage DLC - WTF?!

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FritzDude

I think the pictures speaks for itself... Is this a fucking joke?!

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By trace

This is the general practice on Xbox Live when devs have an item they don't want to be sold yet, or only want to allow people with codes to redeem for the item. In this case, it's the latter, as that car pack is one of the bonuses for buying the new Forza 3 Ultimate Collection.

Hopefully Turn 10 will put it up properly for sale soon enough. They should have realized current players want to give them money for this pack, and no, we don't need/want an extra copy of Forza 3 to go with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I remember when FF XIII came out, there was a download for over a million points for a chocobo or something to go with your avatar. 

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

I could use a new car pack. I hope they open it up sometime soon.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FritzDude

Why do they even give me a link in-game that directly takes me to this specific DLC? And what will happen if i actually got the 4294967295 Microsoft points available? Could i download it?

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @PsEG said:
    " This is the general practice on Xbox Live when devs have an item they don't want to be sold yet, or only want to allow people with codes to redeem for the item. In this case, it's the latter, as that car pack is one of the bonuses for buying the new Forza 3 Ultimate Collection. Hopefully Turn 10 will put it up properly for sale soon enough. They should have realized current players want to give them money for this pack, and no, we don't need/want an extra copy of Forza 3 to go with it. "
    Well with all the Forza vs GT5 talk around, MS must be really trying hard to get people to buy another copy of forza so come next E3 they be like so we beat GT5 review score wise and now copies sold wise as well. 
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @FritzDude said:
    "

And what will happen if i actually got the 4294967295 Microsoft points available? Could i download it?

"
    Do you have 53 million dollars?
    trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By trace
    @FritzDude said:
    " Why do they even give me a link in-game that directly takes me to this specific DLC? "
    You mean through the Xbox LIVE Marketplace option in the main menu? If so, I don't see it there right now. Might just be a glitch or somebody screwing up and showing DLC that ought not be shown (especially at that price).

@StaticFalconar said:
    " Well with all the Forza vs GT5 talk around, MS must be really trying hard to get people to buy another copy of forza so come next E3 they be like so we beat GT5 review score wise and now copies sold wise as well.  "
    The Gran Turismo series has been around for over 12 years, and it took at least seven years for another franchise to get remotely close to competing with GT. I don't think Turn 10 would win the sales game if they offered a free unicorn with every copy, and even expecting repurchases to give them enough of a boost to surpass what GT5's going to sell would be a ludicrous marketing strategy.

I guess they could have ludicrous marketers on their staff, or maybe they drew the short straw and picked up the one marketing guy from Microsoft who babbles incoherently about fish and eats paper in his spare time, but I'd like to hope the world's a bit more rational and realistic than that.
    FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FritzDude
    @JJWeatherman said:
    "@FritzDude said:
    "                     

And what will happen if i actually got the 4294967295 Microsoft points available? Could i download it?

"

"

Of cou... No. But let's just say that you are rich, and you got the money for it. You could technically buy it?
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @FritzDude said:   

Of cou... No. But let's just say that you are rich, and you got the money for it. You could technically buy it? "

Pretty sure Live acounts don't allow for that many points to be added.
    I don't remember the number, but I'm sure there's a cap.
    Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Gargantuan
    @FritzDude said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

" @FritzDude said:
    "                     

"

"
    Of cou... No. But let's just say that you are rich, and you got the money for it. You could technically buy it? "
    I think there's a limit on how many MS points you can have.
    enthalpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By enthalpy
    @FritzDude said:
    "

Why do they even give me a link in-game that directly takes me to this specific DLC? And what will happen if i actually got the 4294967295 Microsoft points available? Could i download it?

"
    -1 points is logically read like this, as 4294967295 is probably the maximum database value for monies (= 11111111111111111111111111111111  in bin) 

edit: too late to be thinking indices, that's a 4-bit value.
    FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FritzDude

Does anyone know if this will be available for a "legal" purchase soon then? I dont visit the forza forums so i'm not sure if someone there got any scoops or news on this via twitter etc. I know it's only for the Ultimate edition, but they added the VIP collectors edition pack later as a DLC aswell. Since this package has already been lniked via the marketplace in-game, it would make sense if they added this soon for purchase? or has it been linked for many months now?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By mikemcn

Its worth that much, if you buy it they reveal who the stig really is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.