Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Frankenstein's Monster

Character » appears in 63 games

Officially he is "Frankenstein's monster", as the book was named after his creator, Victor Frankenstein, not the monster made of reanimated pieces of dead bodies. Nonetheless, the name stuck with the populace, and "Frankenstein" has been lumbering through horror movies and games alike for decades.

Should Frankenstein be a concept too?

Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Giantkitty

Should I make a Frankenstein concept (not a character, that's already done here) as a concept for beings that are basically human pieces sewn together and then made alive (sort of an undead race too)? Is there a concept this is already covered under? Victor from Darkstalkers and other Frankenstein like monsters that do not have the name of Frankenstein would fall under the concept. It would also seem weird to have this as a "Frankenstein's Monster" concept, when it's Frankenstein here (the common usage of Frankenstein is used, though "technically" incorrect)

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#2  Edited By ahoodedfigure

OK, so I wasn't the only person thinking along these lines.  Universe = less lonely.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Demyx

Is there a name for what Frankenstein is?

I thought Homunculi might fit, but after looking it up it doesn't really fit

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HandsomeDead

Surely anything that could be added to the frankenstein concept would easily just fit into something like 'undead' or whatever exists currently.

Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Giantkitty
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Surely anything that could be added to the frankenstein concept would easily just fit into something like 'undead' or whatever exists currently."
    It could be seen as a type of undead - but we have listings for Zombies, Vampires, Ghosts, Ghouls, Skeleton Warriors, etc. 
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By BoG
    Giantkitty said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Surely anything that could be added to the frankenstein concept would easily just fit into something like 'undead' or whatever exists currently."
    It could be seen as a type of undead - but we have listings for Zombies, Vampires, Ghosts, Ghouls, Skeleton Warriors, etc. "
    I was thinking about how, in many castlevania games, many "Frankenstein's Monster" types of characters are featured, but never called by that name. I'm sure Castlevania isn't the only series, and thus, it works as a concept. Needs to be renamed, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.