Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FTL: Faster Than Light

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 14, 2012

In this roguelike space sim, players are tasked with commanding a customized starship on an important mission through a randomized universe, with vile rebels nipping at their heels.

How the hell do you fight drones in FTL?

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I googled but couldn't find anything.Like when you're in a fight and an attack drone either circles your ship or the enemy ship, I click on them with a charged weapon but nothing happens...

hidden81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You gotta take out the relevant system on the opposing ship to disable them.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

You have to have an Anti-Drone...Drone or disable their drone subsystem or hack it, the drones themselves are not targets.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
    deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't attack drones directly (though they can be hit by weapons if they stray in front of them weapon I think) but you can take out the drone control room.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

@lyisa said:

You can't attack drones directly (though they can be hit by weapons if they stray in front of them weapon I think)

Yeah, this is true.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool thanks guys. Fucking loving this game btw, been sitting in my Steam library for like 10 months. I know how much the Bomb Squad always praised it, I just wasn't willing to put the time sink in...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By BisonHero

@pinner458: For what it's worth, the drones that circle you ship are mostly regular laser hits, or sometimes beam weapons, so having a solid shield helps a lot. As others have said, if you want to actually combat them directly, there is an Anti-Drone Drone that will circle your ship defensively and occasionally stun enemy drones attacking your ship, with a small chance to randomly destroy the drone. And yes, you can destroy their drone room so that the drones will have no power.

Getting the Anti-Drone Drone (probably not the actual name, but it's close) isn't always going to happen, so I just recommend upgrading shields early and often. I prefer to get to 3 layers of shield in most games, while also maxing out engines so my ship dodges half of everything.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It is possible to time shooting the drones down when they go in front of your weapons; though not especially important/the enemy will usually just relaunch another one.

Warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 4

@pinner458: As others have pointed out you can combat drones by:

1). Taking out the drone subsystem in the enemy ship

2). Deploying your own Anti-drone Drone which will attack enemy drones around your ship

Or you can act defensively by:

1). Adding more shields

2). Increasing shield recharge rates (either with the Shield Recharge Booster augmentation and/or manning that system)

3). Increasing your dodge chance by upgrading your engines and/manning your Pilot and Engine systems

All that said, I usually act more defensively with drones and put use all my offense (weapons and boarding) to take out their weapons

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.