Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GameCube

Object » linked to 15 games

The GameCube is Nintendo's fouth home console, and has made several appearances in video games.

How much do you think I could sell this for?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fr0br0

First of all, I hope Gamestop still buys Gamecubes off people. I'm going to need some extra cash for my Senior Ball. So I'm going to try to sell some stuff. First off being my Gamecube and all the game I have for it (about 20 games) I know I'm going to get almost next to nothing to for each item, but any rough guesses for what I will get?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

From what I remember it's about $10 for a trade-in at GS. (We sell it for $30.) 20% less for cash, so that's $8. Games vary, but surprisingly high. Probably $1-3 on average, and $5-10 for a Mario game.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Depends on what games, but I'd say probably $100 to $150...

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fr0br0

I also have a portable screen for the Gamecube. Will Gamestop give any extra for that as well?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

Gamecube?  You'll get about $9.00.  That's about how much I got for mine.

The games?  Depends on the games.  My copy of Ikaruga went for about $17, while Mario Kart Double Dash only fetched about $3.
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By gla55jAw

Sell it on ebay. Remember for cash gamestop give you like 30% less or something close to that.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'd sell my soul before I'd sell my Gamecube. If you have a Wii, I can understand how you don't exactly need it, but if that's the case, I advise you not to fool yourself and just sell your Wii instead.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fr0br0

I need to sell it by the end of this week so Ebay is no good. And I don't have a Wii, but if I did, you can bet your ass I'd sell it...

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

God, dude, I should just sell my Wii, huh? I keep thinking like "Dude, if I sell it now, there's gonna be some huge game that comes out that everybody has to play and will love and then I'll want to own a Wii again". But uhh... people think Super Mario Galaxy is that great, and truthfully, I can't even honestly say that it's even "good". I considered selling it on ebay around Christmas time so I could probably break even, but I never went through with it. I think really I'd feel better just donating it somewhere, like to a children's hospital or something. What do ya think?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

How can even an unrelated thread like this take the usual course of the Wii bash fad around here? What the hell is wrong with people...

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fr0br0

I don't think any one game is worth owning a system for. Sure it's a cool feeling to have your feelings come true for getting that game you've been waiting for. But I know I wouldn't be too troubled if I missed out on only that one game because I sold my system for some needed cash. So I say if you aren't currently having fun with a system and you don't see any game you are interested in on the horizon, sell it. And besides, I could just play that special game at a friends house if I really wanted to...

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Al3xand3r said:
    "How can even an unrelated thread like this take the usual course of the Wii bash fad around here? What the hell is wrong with people..."
    I'm more concerned about those who immediately jump on the defensive when a contrary--yet equally valid--opinion is cast out into the world.

It had no malice toward your Wii. He just didn't like it. Big deal.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

When did I defend anything? I didn't say NO YOUR RONG, WII RULEZ or something, I simply commented on how ridiculous it is to go this off topic in unrelated threads. I guess the next logical statement is how ridiculous it is you're labelled as a defence force so easily.

Meh. System wars mentality, oh how fun it is.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Used GameCubes are going for like, little over twenty-dollars over at Amazon.

Scroll down to where it says "used".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.