Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

For those who have had trouble connecting...

brown_thrilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By brown_thrilla

how long has it taken to join other games by yourself; without other party members.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

From my experience it has taken around 5 minutes on average when searching without any other party members.

Prime20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Prime20

When it first came out (IE that saturday and sunday) it would take 15-20 minutes to join a game

Now it seems to have gotten down to 5 - 10 minutes. I dont know if its because epic heard the complaining and fixed the issue, or if its because people went out and bought the game. But its noticeably better.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By StaticFalconar

well, whenever I have trouble connecting; I would just pelt people with coconuts to pass the time.

So in coconut time, I would say 10 coconuts before I can get connected.

brown_thrilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By brown_thrilla
    Prime20 said:
    "When it first came out (IE that saturday and sunday) it would take 15-20 minutes to join a game

Now it seems to have gotten down to 5 - 10 minutes. I dont know if its because epic heard the complaining and fixed the issue, or if its because people went out and bought the game. But its noticeably better.
    "
    Yeh I think that's just because people went out and bought the game.
    lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lamegame621

yeah, when I'm alone it takes me about 5 minutes. With a party it is considerable faster.

anybody gotten to level 50 in horde mode? I got to 20.

Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Win

Its normally over 5 mins for me, half the time it just seems like it goes faster if I fiddle around in the menu's while it searches for player's...

It's kinda crazy if you think about it, getting the "Party Like It's 1999" achievement could be 5min wait  X  1999 matches (not including the time for the match itself) = 9995mins  = 166.58 hours = 6.9 days just waiting for games to start.

I know I am exaggerating here but they really need to fix this. 

KennyTheSober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By KennyTheSober

Normally about 3-5 minutes, then sometimes i lose my 'connection to host' just a pain in the ass really knowing that probally why dudes keep leaving in the pre-game menus. Epic should really sort this out, as it is otherwise a superior shooter.

bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bombHills

Some times it takes a few min, other times its quick.  The worst seems to be when you are looking for just one player.

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lamegame621

damn, i just quit playing the multiplayer by myself. I only play with a party so I dont have to wait for 5-10 minutes. Went back to playing Battlefield: Bad Company.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.