Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

I need help with Act 3 - Brackish Waters

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

Ok. I don't know what the hell is going on, but I can't beat this to save my life. That stupid water fish comes and tries to eat your boat, you shoot the limbs, before it attempts to swallow your boat, then you shoot the eye, it opens its mouth, and then Marcus says "Get in there! We can kill it!"

Is Dom supposed to go in there eventually at all? Dom doesn't do anything. He just stays pinned against the back of the boat just sitting there. I go in, he doesn't follow, I shoot the stupid blue tentacle thingies, then the thing in the middle does some weird thing and there's nothing else to shoot when I am in there. Dom eventually gets eaten, making me fail the whole damn mission.

I mean, what the hell? How do I beat this?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Run in, shoot the blue tentacles.  Eventually the mouth opens up - throw a grenade in there.  Repeat two more times, then win.

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Vlademir
    MB said:
    "Run in, shoot the blue tentacles.  Eventually the mouth opens up - throw a grenade in there.  Repeat two more times, then win."
    What he said. BTW, you don't need to shoot the limbs on the boat. You can chainsaw them to save ammo.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By napalm

Props. I got hung up on Dom not going into the mouth with me, so I figured that was some key thing that was glitched. Thanks, guys.

oobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oobs

yeah i got stuck on that..well i am still stuck on it..just my aim isn't so good..

missmaritzza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By missmaritzza

I know I got stuck on this too... I'm bout to try and let you all know how it beat its ass!

Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Royale

Playing on hardcore and above it's practically impossible to get rid of the tentacles without chainsawing them.  I could usually get 2 down but always died on the third.  Once I realized I could chainsaw them the rest was cake.

I like how in the single player the chainsaw is actually used in semi-interesting ways.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By bwooduhs

it can be a little tricky to get the grenades in there too..

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oraknabo

I've done this probably 20 times now. I saw the tentacles perfectly, shoot the eyes with no problem and hit every blue tentacle with no problem, but I can get no more than 2 grenades in there ever.

The guide line is no help at all. It's total luck when I do get one in. I've had the chance to lob the 3rd one in and missed every time until I run out, then I have to start over from scratch. I had so much fun playing this game so far, but if I don't make it through this soon, I'm giving up.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

It's rather easy, it's just based on a very trial and error thing

- stand against cover---> slaps---> chainsaw tentacles---> he open mouth--> run in---->  shoot white tips of tentacles---->  he opens hole ---> chuck grenade in (be accurate)

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, I struggled with this part too, mainly because I guess the first time I tried throwing a grenade, it must not have hit the right spot, making me think that wasn't the proper technique.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By brukaoru
    Vlademir said:
    "MB said:
    "Run in, shoot the blue tentacles.  Eventually the mouth opens up - throw a grenade in there.  Repeat two more times, then win."
    What he said. BTW, you don't need to shoot the limbs on the boat. You can chainsaw them to save ammo."
    I did not know about this until I replayed the game in co-op. It would have saved me a lot of frustration and I probably would have died a lot less on that part. :|
    oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oraknabo

I tried this a few more times after posting and finally made it through.

The only change I made that made any difference is that I stood back to deal with the blue tentacles, then ran up to the very front of the boat to throw the grenades and it raised my chances of getting the grenade in its throat a lot.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By End_Boss
    oraknabo said:
    "I've done this probably 20 times now. I saw the tentacles perfectly, shoot the eyes with no problem and hit every blue tentacle with no problem, but I can get no more than 2 grenades in there ever.

The guide line is no help at all. It's total luck when I do get one in. I've had the chance to lob the 3rd one in and missed every time until I run out, then I have to start over from scratch. I had so much fun playing this game so far, but if I don't make it through this soon, I'm giving up."
    The one tip I have for you is to ignore how the "inner mouth" waves back and forth. Just aim the grenade straight at where the throat is beyond the mouth. The mouth will pick it up, every time. I've done this twice on Hardcore (don't ask why I had to do it twice... Stupid XBL...).
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crunchUK

i think you can use a toque bow in there as well...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.