Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

I Unlocked Seriously 2.0

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

Has it been confirmed I am the biggest nerd on the site, yet?

Just achieved this in the time-frame of 3 days. I got 30,000 kills on Friday, 40,000 kills Saturday, and the final 30,000 today. Feel free to call me whatever you want, I relish it. And from rough calculations, getting 100,000 kills takes over 24 hours of replaying the same sequence.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

So did you just do a section in single player, and reload it over and over again?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo
    OneEyedNinja7 said:
    "So did you just do a section in single player, and reload it over and over again?"
    Unfortunately, yes.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

You just reload the last level over and over to get it quickly.  It's whatever, because hell...it's gamerscore.

Grats, sir.  Now you and me need to hit up Left 4 Dead and be the first two in the world to bust 1k/1k on THAT!!!
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Vinchenzo said:
    "OneEyedNinja7 said:
    "So did you just do a section in single player, and reload it over and over again?"
    Unfortunately, yes."
    That's . . . sad more than anything.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "OneEyedNinja7 said:
    Unfortunately, yes."
    That's . . . sad more than anything."
    Are you always adding positives to your own post?
    OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OneEyedNinja7
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "OneEyedNinja7 said:
    Unfortunately, yes."
    You got to give it to him though. I would rip my hair out from the repetition. Definitely a test of patience.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

I'm pretty sure you aren't one of the first. I could of swore the week Gears was supposed to come out I saw somewhere that anyone who got the game ahead of time would have that achievement unlocked automatically for some reason.(could be wrong, but pretty sure that's what it said.)

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vinchenzo
    pause422 said:
    "I'm pretty sure you aren't one of the first. I could of swore the week Gears was supposed to come out I saw somewhere that anyone who got the game ahead of time would have that achievement unlocked automatically for some reason.(could be wrong, but pretty sure that's what it said.)"
    Ya people have unlocked it before, but I am pretty sure I'm one of the first, if not only, on GiantBomb. Do I get a medal!?
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'd rather try and get it properly first, but well done on getting that many kills in general.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vinchenzo
    HandsomeDead said:
    "I'd rather try and get it properly first, but well done on getting that many kills in general."
    Properly? I used a strategy that is the only way to get it in this lifetime. Unless you can correct me on my definition of "proper."
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By KingBroly

I think I still need 93,100 kills to get Seriously 2.0.

abombb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By abombb

Wow, I could never get my self to do that.  Congratulations.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kush

I just feel bad for you...honestly. You couldn't think of anything better to do? ...Like staring at a washing machine or something.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Vinchenzo said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "OneEyedNinja7 said:
    Unfortunately, yes."
    Are you always adding positives to your own post?"
    No, that's why there's -3.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Kush said:
    "I just feel bad for you...honestly. You couldn't think of anything better to do? ...Like staring at a washing machine or something."
    Well I was staring at other things. I have a portable DVD player that I set next to me. Previously I was watching Home Improvement seasons, but today I went out and bought some new ones. Those consist of "Pushing Daisies Season 1" and "The Year Without A Santa Clause." I also listened to this weeks GB podcast, as well as 1UP's. Good stuff!

Also, Ark you previously had a +1 next to your post immediately after you replied. Now there is a -3, because you said a douche comment.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Vinchenzo said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "I'd rather try and get it properly first, but well done on getting that many kills in general."
    Properly? I used a strategy that is the only way to get it in this lifetime. Unless you can correct me on my definition of "proper.""
    By playing the game and earning it as you go rather than grinding on one area for 24 hours.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vinchenzo
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    Properly? I used a strategy that is the only way to get it in this lifetime. Unless you can correct me on my definition of "proper.""
    By playing the game and earning it as you go rather than grinding on one area for 24 hours."
    Alright. Well when someone gets Seriously 2.0 by playing through the campaign 50 times and sinking in countless hours, hundreds if not more, then get back to me.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kush

What you did to get this achievement make me sad...but since you watched Pushing Daisies (my favorite show on TV) while doing it, I'll forgive you. :P

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Vinchenzo said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    By playing the game and earning it as you go rather than grinding on one area for 24 hours."
    Alright. Well when someone gets Seriously 2.0 by playing through the campaign 50 times and sinking in countless hours, hundreds if not more, then get back to me."
    Are people meant to only play the game once and then move on? I've been doing horde quite a bit, I have 5000 kills and I intend to keep playing it for a while more because it is actually fun to do. But if you want to grind the fun out of games for achievements, i'm not stopping you.
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By DualReaver

I got 3100... yay

AkumaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By AkumaX

The first guy got days before it was out and he sometimes hangs around our forum lol.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vinchenzo
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    Alright. Well when someone gets Seriously 2.0 by playing through the campaign 50 times and sinking in countless hours, hundreds if not more, then get back to me."
    Are people meant to only play the game once and then move on? I've been doing horde quite a bit, I have 5000 kills and I intend to keep playing it for a while more because it is actually fun to do. But if you want to grind the fun out of games for achievements, i'm not stopping you."
    Ignorant post is ignorant. You fall under the same category of people who say that those who get achievements don't have fun doing it and do not play the game for fun. I just wanted to get the achievement out of the way before I kept pushing it off. Now I can enjoy multiplayer, don't see where the fun has dissipated. But I guess I can respect your opinion.

Edit: I hate people who attempt to sell knowledge of an achievement. Look at this guy's bio:

"I will "help" anyone who needs the Seriously 2.0 achievement and other achievements in Gears of War 2 for ONLY ONE of the following: 400 Microsoft Points, 1 Month Gold Membership, Golden Lancer Code (Only One) Message me text only, voice messages will be ignored."

That's where it gets ridiculous, the people desperate enough to trade money and/or codes.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jakob187

My goodness, so many pissed off folks over a silly achievement.  There are far bigger things to get pissed about...like how people are considering anything OTHER THAN Left 4 Dead the best game of the year...based off the demo alone!!!

Nonetheless, if Epic was stupid enough to make it that easy to get and haven't patched it yet, then fuck...why not?  I'm gonna take advantage of it, because it's points and that's what counts in the end.

It doesn't matter HOW you do it.  As long as it gets done.  I use that same rule with my roommates about dishes.  =  D
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Vinchenzo said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    Are people meant to only play the game once and then move on? I've been doing horde quite a bit, I have 5000 kills and I intend to keep playing it for a while more because it is actually fun to do. But if you want to grind the fun out of games for achievements, i'm not stopping you."
    Ignorant post is ignorant. You fall under the same category of people who say that those who get achievements don't have fun doing it and do not play the game for fun. I just wanted to get the achievement out of the way before I kept pushing it off. Now I can enjoy multiplayer, don't see where the fun has dissipated. But I guess I can respect your opinion."
    Adjective noun is adjective. Well, no. I like getting achievements too but I don't see why you couldn't have got those kills in multiplayer and maybe went and grinded on that segment every now and again instead of just persisting on that one segment for a 24 hour cycle. It's not like the achievement was stopping your fun and it's not like it's really going to add anything to your game so it just looks like you're doing it for false prestige, which is the worst reason for getting the achievements.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vinchenzo
    jakob187 said:
    "My goodness, so many pissed off folks over a silly achievement.  There are far bigger things to get pissed about...like how people are considering anything OTHER THAN Left 4 Dead the best game of the year...based off the demo alone!!!
    Nonetheless, if Epic was stupid enough to make it that easy to get and haven't patched it yet, then fuck...why not?  I'm gonna take advantage of it, because it's points and that's what counts in the end.

It doesn't matter HOW you do it.  As long as it gets done.  I use that same rule with my roommates about dishes.  =  D
    "
    Aw man, where are you and why aren't you on my friend's list.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kush
    jakob187 said:
    "It doesn't matter HOW you do it.  As long as it gets done.  I use that same rule with my roommates about dishes.  =  D"
    That sounds like what a hooker would say when needing to pay the rent...
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pause422

lol that is pretty great.

Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Unreal_dro

nice.

ill probably get it once i get some down time.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jakob187
    Vinchenzo said:
    "Aw man, where are you and why aren't you on my friend's list."
    I'll send you my gamertag by PM, fool!!!
    Seriously...I just hate that people get so buttsore over some fuckin' numbers.  I mean, okay, Seriously 2.0 is worth how many points?  Out of a total of how much gamerscore?!  Yeah, so what the fuck does it matter?

Besides, we all know that the REAL badges of honor belong to anyone rockin' 1k/1k on all the CoD games as well as Dead Rising!!!
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jakob187
    Kush said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "It doesn't matter HOW you do it.  As long as it gets done.  I use that same rule with my roommates about dishes.  =  D"
    That sounds like what a hooker would say when needing to pay the rent..."
    Well, I did also use that line when my roommate was considering working at the strip club over on Ruby St....
    ...and for some foolish reason, I talked her out of it:

What the FUCK was I thinking?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    jakob187 said:
    "Kush said:
    "jakob187 said:
    That sounds like what a hooker would say when needing to pay the rent..."
    Well, I did also use that line when my roommate was considering working at the strip club over on Ruby St....
    ...and for some foolish reason, I talked her out of it:

"
    Hehehehehehehe . . . . well, I'd say "Because she's a human being!", but . . . me . . . like?
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jakob187

Anyways, back to Gears...

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Yeah, so it's lame to farm an achievement, especially when you have to entertain youself with something else while doing so.

If the game isn't enough entertainment, you're failing.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Yeah, so it's lame to farm an achievement, especially when you have to entertain youself with something else while doing so.
    "
    You are increasingly annoying with your bullshit remarks. Have fun on your Wii. Bye.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#36  Edited By wefwefasdf

That is pretty amazing. Nice job.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jakob187
    Vinchenzo said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "Yeah, so it's lame to farm an achievement, especially when you have to entertain youself with something else while doing so.
    "
    You are increasingly annoying with your bullshit remarks. Have fun on your Wii. Bye."
    VINCHENZO, UNLEASH AMAZING NINJA BONER MODE ON ARK    

NOW!!!!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kush
    jakob187 said:
    "Well, I did also use that line when my roommate was considering working at the strip club over on Ruby St....
    ...and for some foolish reason, I talked her out of it"
    Is it weird that what I notice in that picture is the Nightmare Before Christmas pic in the back?
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jakob187
    Kush said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "Well, I did also use that line when my roommate was considering working at the strip club over on Ruby St....
    Is it weird that what I notice in that picture is the Nightmare Before Christmas pic in the back?"
    Well, you haven't seen her run around the apartment in nothing but a towel...
    So maybe not, I don't know.  She is a kick-ass artist though.  Regardless, I lead the topic off-topic, so back on-topic to the topic!
    Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pleasureizmine

gamertag or gtfo and along those lines tits or gtfo aswell

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lamegame621

i've got 2800 kills...what a noob i am.

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By faustyn

moar pics of teh girl plox! or tits.
    srsly.

and congrats on getting the achievement. i have like 5500 kills now and well...i'm probably going to play the last level over and over again in the near future ;d

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By CreamyGoodness
    Vinchenzo said:
    "Has it been confirmed I am the biggest nerd on the site, yet?

Just achieved this in the time-frame of 3 days. I got 30,000 kills on Friday, 40,000 kills Saturday, and the final 30,000 today. Feel free to call me whatever you want, I relish it. And from rough calculations, getting 100,000 kills takes over 24 hours of replaying the same sequence."
    you ARE JESUS, i got the game at launch and have around 9,000 :(
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I believe  Games are supposed to be fun and entertaining not tedious  , that is why I still have around 70,000 kills even though I have been possessed Gears Of War 2 since October 25th  .

RobNBanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RobNBanks

Is there a gamerpic for getting Seriously 2.0? You got one for getting Seriously in the first so i'm hoping I get one when I get it.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Kush said:
    "jakob187 said:
    Is it weird that what I notice in that picture is the Nightmare Before Christmas pic in the back?"
    No, I did too. And was instantly repulsed.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vinchenzo
    RobNBanks said:
    "Is there a gamerpic for getting Seriously 2.0? You got one for getting Seriously in the first so i'm hoping I get one when I get it."
    No.

Pleasureizmine said:
    "gamertag or gtfo and along those lines tits or gtfo aswell"

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Vinchenzo   you are a freaking nerd !!! lol
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By c1337us

Seriously 2.0 is forever out of my grasp. I think I am sitting on about only 2500 kills from x2 playthroughs on the campaign.  I am sorta done with the game too so I dont think I'll get round to many other achievements like the coop ones that I am missing and multiplayer ones. I am assuming that a decent player though would knock off a huge amount of that 100,000 by getting the Party Like its 1999 achievement. Good work on getting it though Vinchenzo.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Milkman

Which section did you play over and over? I'm going to assume it's the final Brumak sequence, right?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.