Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 20, 2011

The third and final installment in the Marcus Fenix trilogy. Taking place on the apocalyptic planet Sera, 18 months after the ending of Gears of War 2, players will once again take control of C.O.G. soldier Marcus Fenix as he takes on the Locust threat and their Lambent rivals.

Horde 2.0

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Twisted_Scot

So with the new trailer for Horde 2.0 shining more light onto the changes to the Horde mode what is the common thoughts on how it's looking? I for one am really looking forward to that changes in general. The boss waves seem like a great addition to the game. My only concern is that with the new Command post / defenses that it will turn Horde into a tower defense game. I enjoyed finding a suitable standpoint and trying to hold it with 3 other people with the last few waves become just a crazed last stand. I'm just hoping the core game play of the mode remains intact. I think its a great idea to be able to switch weapons, money and ammo but am a little skeptical about being able to just buy yourself back into the round when killed. Iv'e always been looking forward to Gears3 but it's nice to have something new shown to us in the run up to its release. So what do you guys think? 

Silver-back = Win.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By thehexeditor

It looks good. The bright lighting pass and general colorful quality that Gears 3 has is extremely beautiful- it completely fixes the brown problem of past Gears games.

As for horde mode, I don't know if the added 'complexity' or rather the attempts to make a deeper game will make it any more fun. Have to play to find out but I don't mind because I would love to get my hands on it. Looks interesting.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pweidman

The new info on Horde 2.0 was interesting, and a little surprising. It's like Epic said fuck it, let's just put everything possible in this Gears finale. Came away w/tempered excitement though fearing they may have over meddled with this fantastic mode. Hope not, and only getting waist deep into it will really tell. Imagine playing this w/randoms. Yeah, me too ;).

drmadhatten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By drmadhatten

I think the more ways teams can use to defend themselves the better. Multiple strategies like barriers, decoys, turrets, and ammunition allow for personalizing how you fight, which is great. I agree though about the death buy back feature. Because if you can buy yourself back to life, wouldn't you want to keep as much money as possible to keep buying oneself back? Which means all the work they did for money investment was pointless? This is easily remedied though, a penalty of money for dying would allow people to not be willing to die repeatedly. In any case, I'm really excited to get five friends back into Horde.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By rmills87

Horde 2.0 looks really great. It changes it up from just wave after wave of increasing numbers and stronger enemies. The boss waves are an awesome idea and even though it's flirting with the tower defense mechanics, it's still pretty cool how you can use kills for money and money for items or revives.

bi0nic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By bi0nic

What's the over/under on Epic including (alongside Horde 2.0) some sort of 'Horde Classic' or 'Horde 1.0' mode without any of the tower defense stuff included?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.