Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - First Assault Online

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Jul 28, 2016

A first-person shooter set in the Ghost in the Shell universe. Based on the Stand Alone Complex anime series. As of December 6, 2017, the game servers were shut down.

Ghost Looking For Another Shell (or, "First Assault is Dead")

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By DocHaus

Per the dev team's message on the game's official forum:

Dear community,

We’re sorry to inform you that we will be sunsetting Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online in North and South America, Europe, and the Oceania region, with final closure scheduled for December 6.

This was a very tough decision to make. The game has been in development for a long time, supported by developer, publisher, and community effort. Ultimately, we decided that continued development wasn’t going to help the game become what we all hoped it could become.

We will be supporting the game for the next several months during the sunset period, allowing both the development and publishing teams and the community to say goodbyes and enjoy the game.

In the near term, we’ll be removing the in-game store and will stop selling Steam DLC immediately.

After several months, the game service will be closed for good on December 6, 2017 at 10am PST.

It’s been a humbling experience to serve such a dedicated and engaged player community. We sincerely thank you for all the feedback and support you’ve given us throughout the years.

It sucks because there's definitely a good game to be made with the Ghost in the Shell franchise, and this one was entertaining for a short period, but ultimately First Assault was a standard multiplayer shooter with Stand Alone Complex skins and returning voice actors. Maybe they were hoping the live-action movie would boost their numbers, or that the "2.0" rollout and class-based loadouts would satisfy newcomers, but whatever they had planned, it's dead now.

In the meantime, just watch Stand Alone Complex (again) and pray that whatever the next adaptation of GitS, it comes off better than the last few multimedia attempts (looking at you: Arise miniseries, live-action movie, this game).

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'd really like to see a Ghost in the Shell game take place within a Deus Ex-like framework. I don't recall ever posting this, but I've had that thought since playing Human Revolution on PC the first time several years ago.

gunflame88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Huh, another botched multiplayer FPS published by Nexon. That company seems like poison to me.

I'd really like to see a Ghost in the Shell game take place within a Deus Ex-like framework. I don't recall ever posting this, but I've had that thought since playing Human Revolution on PC the first time several years ago.

I've had the exact same idea for the longest time, GitS fits perfectly for that kind of game!

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It really does seem like the most ideal genre of game for the series, that or possibly some small XCOM like tactics game maybe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.