Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Jun 16, 2009

With a script edited and approved by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis, Ghostbusters: The Video Game is a sequel to the feature length films. Who ya gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS!

Ghostbusters the game (a bit after the fact but hey)

colinjw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By colinjw

I know I know. I am late to the party. I did mean to get this game ages ago. Instead I didn't. Do I have a good reason. Yes! well I probably did and now just cant remember it as it was so ago. 

So the game was really what I thought it was going to be. You playing as some no name dude that is getting dragged along for the ride, while the rest of the ghostbusters are caught up in some slime filled story that involves "Gozer the Gozerian" (got to love that name).                                                     

The models of the characters look good apart from the eyes sometimes the eyes look freaky, like pull you into another dimension then rip apart the world around you, while monster made of books try to knock you over (Which does happen in one if the levels around the middle of the game).  Getting knocked over is a pain in the ass on the hardest level (professional)  I have found myself spending more time trying to pick the AI characters up than shooting at ghosts.  The load time is a bit of a joke too. I don't know why but it takes way to long to load up the same level that you have just been playing. Some of the minor ghosts can wipe out your whole team with one projectile. The Hobo ghosts are the worst for this. I guess I cant blame them for being pissed that some jacked up dude went around and started stabbing Hobos to turn them into ghosts probably Jeff.    

The online multiplayer at this point is hunted ( I know) by six people. They have a 360 sitting in the corner of an abandoned room constantly waiting for someone to join there game will rocking back and forth in a grey boiler suit that they picked up from some dead guy at a chemical plant.

Ghostbusters is not a great game, unless you are a fan of the Ghostbusters. This is the closet thing that we will ever get to a new film with the original cast. I know that I will play it a few times in the years to come as I will want to go over the story again, simply because I want to do something where I trap ghosts with a proton pack. I do wish they had used more of the films soundtrack.

colinjw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By colinjw

I know I know. I am late to the party. I did mean to get this game ages ago. Instead I didn't. Do I have a good reason. Yes! well I probably did and now just cant remember it as it was so ago. 

So the game was really what I thought it was going to be. You playing as some no name dude that is getting dragged along for the ride, while the rest of the ghostbusters are caught up in some slime filled story that involves "Gozer the Gozerian" (got to love that name).                                                     

The models of the characters look good apart from the eyes sometimes the eyes look freaky, like pull you into another dimension then rip apart the world around you, while monster made of books try to knock you over (Which does happen in one if the levels around the middle of the game).  Getting knocked over is a pain in the ass on the hardest level (professional)  I have found myself spending more time trying to pick the AI characters up than shooting at ghosts.  The load time is a bit of a joke too. I don't know why but it takes way to long to load up the same level that you have just been playing. Some of the minor ghosts can wipe out your whole team with one projectile. The Hobo ghosts are the worst for this. I guess I cant blame them for being pissed that some jacked up dude went around and started stabbing Hobos to turn them into ghosts probably Jeff.    

The online multiplayer at this point is hunted ( I know) by six people. They have a 360 sitting in the corner of an abandoned room constantly waiting for someone to join there game will rocking back and forth in a grey boiler suit that they picked up from some dead guy at a chemical plant.

Ghostbusters is not a great game, unless you are a fan of the Ghostbusters. This is the closet thing that we will ever get to a new film with the original cast. I know that I will play it a few times in the years to come as I will want to go over the story again, simply because I want to do something where I trap ghosts with a proton pack. I do wish they had used more of the films soundtrack.

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ztiworoh

Yeah, I played the first maybe 2/3 of the game before I petered out and realized I'd seen all I needed to. One problem I found was that the game often never told you where to go.... you'd hear one of the other characters say "follow me" but if you didn't see them right away, you could easily lose them and have no idea where they were.  

Also, they sort of managed to show too much of the stuff you came for in the beginning - my the end of level 2 or 3, you've basically hit all the nostalgia touchstones and the rest of the game is lesser for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.