Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Glitch

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Sep 27, 2011

A massively-multiplayer browser game from Tiny Speck and Keita Takahashi.

Astounding Glitch

TokyoShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By TokyoShoe

I find myself completely at the mercy of the new browser-based game "Glitch" that just recently launched. The game is utterly enthralling, with a supportive community of fans growing up around it at a rapid pace. Glitch could end up turning into something truly amazing in the long term!

TokyoShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TokyoShoe

I find myself completely at the mercy of the new browser-based game "Glitch" that just recently launched. The game is utterly enthralling, with a supportive community of fans growing up around it at a rapid pace. Glitch could end up turning into something truly amazing in the long term!

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By UnrealDP

You know how people always make those exaggerated comments of "Wow that was crazy" or "I don't even know what's going on", well i can say without a doubt that after watching that gut wrenchingly insane trailer i have no clue what's going on in this game other than it's a side scroller. I would love to hear what this game is or what you do in it.

TokyoShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TokyoShoe

Glitch is a browser based multiple player online 'social game'. While there are numerous RPG mechanics present, it lacks all of the fight-centric components. You have a character that you make, and you can change the appearance (physical as well as wardrobe) of your "Glitch" at any time. You can harvest materials for crafting, make food and drink items to renew your Energy or Mood bars (the only two real attributes that your Glitch has). As you complete tasks, craft, harvest, etc you earn experience points to progress your character. There is an extensive skill tree to learn skills from, and all it costs is your time... with no real limit to the total number of skills you can learn. (REAL nice, you can even check on and manage your Glitch's skill progress from the web without being logged in OR from their iOS app!)

It's a free game, very light hearted and extremely kid friendly. There's no fall damage, no combat system, no real 'death' or 'death penalty' to speak of. You can play it as much or as little as you want, spending as much (or as little) money as you want. It's a fun game and will make more than enough of a hold over (when combined with League of Legends) for gaming until SWTOR launches.

Since it only costs you TIME to investigate (you don't even need to give them a credit card for an account), I highly recommend everyone at least take a glance at the starting tutorial it offers.

InitialP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By InitialP

I've spent quite a bit of time playing Glitch for the past week or so. When it's completely boiled down to its basics, you have a time sink of an experience like most Facebook games offer. However, the world that has been crafted is one filled with whimsy and an almost sickeningly saccharine cuteness it's almost too much to bear sometimes. There's an immense world to travel around and I've discovered probably less than 10% of it so far. There's a pretty big community already thanks to several months of closed beta testing and an apparently large influx of new players from when they went public. I think you still have to wait a bit for an email invite from the developer (I do have an extra invite if anyone wants one).

If you find yourself with some extra free time to kill (or want to kill time instead of doing work...), this might be something for you.

here's my character profile: http://www.glitch.com/profiles/PHFKM6AB2UC2ROM/

TokyoShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TokyoShoe

The time-sink factor for a character learning skills can be quite frustrating, especially since there is no way to UNLEARN a skill once you've learned... and every skill you learn adds a flat 5% time increase (cumulative) to the next skill you want to learn. So I picked up skills like "Elemental Handling", "Tinkering" and "Alchemy" and have discovered that they are pretty much useless unless you are willing to drill VERY deep down into those skill sets. So I have switched to Cooking, Animal Kinsmanship, and Gardening related skills which all produce practical results at low ranks. However since I have already learned some 25 to 30 skills prior to this point I'm now looking at 4 to 6 hour learning times for skills that would have initially taken only 2 hours to learn.

So.. I really wish there was such a thing as a "RESPEC" for skills at this point. On the upside? The ONLY limit to the number of skills your character can learn is the learning time... so long term you can actually have a Glitch that knows ALL of the game's skills.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sirdesmond

Something seems fishy about these two really-low post count accounts chatting up Glitch to this degree, especially with such massive knowledge of the game and the willingness to type it all up.

TokyoShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TokyoShoe

@sirdesmond: Really? A looong time lurker on the site comes out and decides to start participating in things, posting about the game he's currently playing the most.. and your reaction is base paranoia in search of a marketing conspiracy? If you're looking to troll just start off with insults about my mother or question my parentage and get it over with.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@TokyoShoe said:

@sirdesmond: Really? A looong time lurker on the site comes out and decides to start participating in things, posting about the game he's currently playing the most.. and your reaction is base paranoia in search of a marketing conspiracy? If you're looking to troll just start off with insults about my mother or question my parentage and get it over with.

It's a fair question really. GB has that experience sometimes. Still, Glitch does like cute and interesting.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sirdesmond

@TokyoShoe said:

No, I didn't really mean that. It just struck me as odd. I am also looking to get a chance to play Glitch and it seems really awesome. It was just weird to see so much text coming out of two relatively dormant accounts. I'm not intending to troll.

TokyoShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TokyoShoe

While it may have been an issue that Giant Bomb has had trouble with in the past, it can do wonders in killing someone's intent to 'break the ice' and start contributing to the gaming community some how. This is the third round of this kind of questioning and attitude that I've gotten from people here on the site, always immediately following honest intent to just participate.

If you didn't intend to troll then great, but it comes across poorly when you ONLY state in a post that you see someone's actions as obviously questionable.

Bottom line: Play Glitch if you want. If you think I'm a marketing account... ignore me.

I'll go back to my cave now.

InitialP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By InitialP

@sirdesmond: Whatever, dude. I've been a member since day one and just want to talk about a game that I am having fun with and hopefully find some nice GBers to play with. Intending to or not, you're trolling.

Fnord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12  Edited By Fnord

I've been playing now for about a month or so (in Beta and now in Live). I do like that, really, you don't have to pay anything to play. The only thing they charge for is for clothes and for teleport tokens. You don't have to teleport, you can walk, or spend in-game currency to ride the train around. I was honestly surprised when I figured out that they really were free-to-play with no strings attached.

Now, whether it's actually something that most people would like is a different matter. The actions can get a little repetitive, interact with animal, interact with tree, interact with rock, craft, craft, repair, craft, cook, craft, donate, repeat. There are quite a few interesting things in the game, and if you can get into the world, it does hold a lot of whimsey and mirth. The game does get you in early with a lot of missions, but those are almost all directly related to skills. One new quest per skill you learn normally. If you're the type of person who needs to be lead through, and can't find your own things to do, you may get bored after a few weeks.

Overall, I say give it a shot and decide for yourself, you won't be out anything but time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.