Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War: Ascension

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 12, 2013

Before he was a God, Kratos was a man. A prequel, God of War: Ascension is the fourth major title of the God of War series, and Kratos' final outing on the PS3. It is the first to include a multiplayer component.

Gota say I'm kind of getting into this

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nodima

The menus are pretty awful, IMO, as is the automatic ready up in lobbies. You want to stay in a game with good people, but it's hard to look over all your new equipment unlocks when you're always under a 1-2 minute timer if the room stays full. But maybe it's just having been away from this kind of stuff for a long time, I'm having a blast. I keep craving a little bit more, a feeling I haven't had often this generation, ESPECIALLY for multiplayer games. I don't know how to parry or use the grapple properly yet but I'm still generally 1st or 2nd in total points for a game because I'm a major treasure fiend, and go straight for open Favor circles or whatever those flag points are called.

Got in a little CTF last night and really hated it, though. Seemed like you had only some really weak jabs while carrying the flag, and if the other team had a flag it seemed like your deposit spot disappeared. Which made being someone with the flag really boring, IMO. Hope they took it away to fix it since I haven't seen any tonight. Have only had two battle arena matches. The first I had a come from behind victory when I started figuring out the chest+special items system they had going on halfway through the match. Second I was getting combo'd to death and torn APART by some guys until I had my very first connection drop. Tonight's been the first night I've seen any network errors really, one match where controls had a lot of latency and then that disconnection. Otherwise it's seemed 100% like playing offline would, I assume.

Not really sold on the game since I haven't played any game in the series besides the original (though I recently replayed that) but this multiplayer is surprisingly addictive, IMO.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.