Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

GoldenEye 007 Reloaded

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

GoldenEye 007: Reloaded is a first-person shooter for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 based on the 2010 Nintendo Wii shooter GoldenEye 007, which is based on the 1997 Nintendo 64 shooter of the same name, which is based on the 1995 James Bond movie GoldenEye.

First Impressions: Goldeneye Reloaded

Shadow71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 3

Edited By Shadow71

I've been playing a lot of shooters this year (Deus Ex, Gears of War 3, MW3, Battlefield 3 etc.) and they all seem to have one thing in common; they take themselves (a bit too) seriously, so my first experiences with Goldeneye have actually been pretty refreshing. It's a game that seems to just keep its focus on being fun, and well paced and does a good job of bringing the classic FPS feel into the modern day with some of the shooting mechanics from Call of Duty.

I'd definitely recommend the game to someone looking for something light and fun, as I've just really enjoyed the game so far.

Shadow71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Shadow71

I've been playing a lot of shooters this year (Deus Ex, Gears of War 3, MW3, Battlefield 3 etc.) and they all seem to have one thing in common; they take themselves (a bit too) seriously, so my first experiences with Goldeneye have actually been pretty refreshing. It's a game that seems to just keep its focus on being fun, and well paced and does a good job of bringing the classic FPS feel into the modern day with some of the shooting mechanics from Call of Duty.

I'd definitely recommend the game to someone looking for something light and fun, as I've just really enjoyed the game so far.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Contro

Have you played the recent Wii version at all, if so which one of the two would you recommend?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By napalm

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm kind of into a non-super-modern military shooter, but I was on the fence about Goldeneye: Reloaded. I just want to play something different.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RE_Player1

I too would recommend it but not at full price. Wait for a sale in my opinion as the multiplayer is the weakest part of the game and will probably be empty soon.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By handlas

how is the online community? Is the game DOA?

I d/led the demo..don't even know why. Boredom? No intention of liking it or buying it. Had the opposite effect. More fun in that 10 minute demo than I had in Killzone 3 or Resistance 3. I'd get it for the singleplayer mostly but it'd be nice if the online was playable.

Avatar image for thechronodarkness
    thechronodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thechronodarkness

Its weird. Compared to the wii version, it honestly doesn't look leaps and bounds better- like god of war 1 & 2 did on the ps3. It still has some pretty muddy textures. Theres some QTEs, that don't always work correctly. It looks decent. Not horrible, not great....just bearable.

What IS absolutely atrocious, compared to most other games this holiday- the sound. There are about 5 or 6 music tracks that loop the entire game. The sound effects are HORRIBLE! Every single gun sounds like it has a silencer on. They sound like toy guns, compared to gears of war 3 or especially battlefield 3.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Deranged

Hmm, I have been wanting to pick this up for a few days now just for the SP, now I'm torn between Deus Ex, Saints Row 3, and this...

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By handlas

@mcderby4 said:

Hmm, I have been wanting to pick this up for a few days now just for the SP, now I'm torn between Deus Ex, Saints Row 3, and this...

well if i had to choose between those 3 it would be Deus Ex. Great game. Traded in Saints Row 3 quickly. I shouldn't of listened to all the gushing over that game. The gameplay wasn't bearable enough for me to enjoy any of the WACKY story elements.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Deranged

@handlas: I've heard excellent things about Deus Ex, I just don't know if the combat is for me. I somewhat disliked the first Saints Row, the 2nd was ok, but the third one really caught my eye.

I think I'll just go old school and pick up Goldeneye. Nothing wrong with some nostalgia.

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Arebuckle

I did not like this game at all. I found the levels incredibly boring for the most part, there was the odd glimmer, but it was mostly boredom. The game didn't feel very good to play and the gun sounds were pretty bad at times, as was the acting. They screwed up the tank level as far as I'm concerned, I was looking forward to a chase through the streets of St. Petersburg. But instead I get a chase through a barren, dirty construction site. The multiplayer was dead when I tried it too (PS3 version at least).

I would just like to add as well that I have absolutely no nostalgia for the original. I never played it until a few years ago on an emulator, for about an hour or two. I had a lot more fun with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.