Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 17, 2009

Take control of Huang Lee, the son of a Triad mob boss, in an destructive romp throughout Liberty City in his quest for revenge, money and honour in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars.

Gamestop TV commercial

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Endogene

Hey buy at gamestop and start your game with tons of money and over powered guns (aka cheating)

Anyway here is the commercial, shows a bit of gameplay, looks really "fluid".

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

GameStop trying to be more like EA...

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Captain_Fookup

The game looks great for the ds, gotta love some GFK. Anyone who pre orders because of this is an asshat.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MKHavoc

I caught just the end of that on tv.  I'm not sure if I'd call that cheating because there are a lot of people out there who play GTA without ever touching the story. 

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By mracoon

I'm actually quite excited for this game. I've always liked the top-down GTA's and this just seems to be an enhancement of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Thats fucking stupid, buy the game and have everything available when you start?

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

The game looks great for a DS game, but the whole preorder/unlock game stuff Gamestop has been doing is really lame.

Kinarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Kinarion

I have to say, this really doesn't bother me.  I'd been thinking it, but Jeff managed to articulate it pretty well in the podcast when he mentioned drug dealing in GTA:CW.  As soon as you begin drug dealing, you're only about two hours, maybe less, from completely breaking the economy with extreme wealth.  After that, the game can be made pretty easy regardless of gamespot freebies.  The only real difference seems to be the rate of unlocks, but with drug dealing money you can always stay ahead of the mission difficulty curve.

Edit: Actually, it does bother me.  My point is more that logically, it shouldn't. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.