Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Is the DLC Blimp the ONLY Blimp?

microshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Just wondering if that's the case because I want to pick up a copy from a mom and pop shop since they might get it earlier. If that's not the case, then i'll just pick up my Gamestop pre-order and then return the game later I guess.

JordanTheHobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe its just a skin for the blimp. Also most of the time the "pre-order" bonuses are in all first run boxes so it will most likely be in the box

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Would like to know this as well. I'm sure even if it is it will be obtainable at some point.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somewhat related, has there been any talks about a Season Pass? Could use my fresh virtual pennies on that, now that I've decided to get the physical copy instead.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Nekroskop

I really hope Rockstar just pulls a GTA4 with this one and makes proper expansions. Fuck paying for cosmetic crap.

@glottery Don't buy season passes. They almost never live up to the value you paid for it. I've done it several times and the only one that was worth it was LA Noire(10 bucks), but only because of the amazing discount.

generalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Rockstar confirmed in a tweet not too long ago that the "atomic blimp DLC" is indeed inside the box of the first run copies. If you buy it day one you're 99% sure to get it, but the only way to be 100% sure is to pre-order. But here's the thing: these "first run copies" last a long ass time. A new production run will be at least a couple of months away. I have bought games in the past several months after release and still gotten the "day one exclusive pre-order bonus DLC". It's mainly just a marketing "scheme" to get people to pre-order.

As for the question whether it's just a skin or the only blimp, I don't know. The wording in the press releases makes it seem that it's just a skin, but looking at leaked gameplay footage it sure seems like the only one available.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw a short video of someone flying a blimp (dont know if tis the atomic one or not, shitty quality). It looked like it controlled like a big, slow, unwieldy helicopter. So yeah, its probably a shit vehicle.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's going to be in every copy of the first run copies, don't worry you'll get your code.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShaggE

I saw a short video of someone flying a blimp (dont know if tis the atomic one or not, shitty quality). It looked like it controlled like a big, slow, unwieldy helicopter. So yeah, its probably a shit vehicle.

Blimpin' ain't easy.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Coafi

It's going to be in every copy of the first run copies, don't worry you'll get your code.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero said:

The one Magic Mike blew up with a helicopter blew up real good, though.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero said:

The one Magic Mike blew up with a helicopter blew up real good, though.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Clonedzero

It shoulda been like that blimp nightclub in Just Cause 2

MrJorOwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe the blimp is always there, but the code gives you the ability to pilot it. Have not redeemed the code yet though, and have not seem any other blimps

microshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks. I guess i didn't figure the DLC would be right in the game box.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.