Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Losing money in deathmatches is seriously stupid.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Every death you lose a portion of your money same as singleplayer. So say you get 10 kills. That will probably get you maybe $1500. But dying 4 times you're likely to lose like $12000

Do well in TDM and you will still lose a lot of money because of this. Do bad, and you will be poor.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

How are you even playing!?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@krullban said:

Every death you lose a portion of your money same as singleplayer. So say you get 10 kills. That will probably get you maybe $1500. But dying 4 times you're likely to lose like $12000

Do well in TDM and you will still lose a lot of money because of this. Do bad, and you will be poor.

Is this serious? That's really dumb. It has to be a glitch.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You lose $1,000 every time you die on a job, I think. Or it just might be every time you die.

defordj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By defordj

So TDM is a huge net money sink, and they're selling currency through microtransactions? I'm still excited to play GTAV but I'm thinking I'll avoid multiplayer entirely.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pyrodactyl

Just deposit the cash in your bank account. I think you can even do it from your phone! Running around with 12k in cash is as stupid in GTA online as it is in real life.

@pie said:

Worked fine for me between 7 and 10:30 pm EST last evening on xbox. I think you just have to get past the racing mission. I was lucky and did the race alone agains Lamar on my first try. Crashed once or twice in subsequent missions but it didn't take forever loading or anything. I even did the drug fetch mission with 3 other people, another race with 2 dudes and roamed around the open world (populated by a bunch of other people) robbing stores without a hitch.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I was under the impression you only lose cash money and not banked money. Is that not the case? I haven't tried yet GTAO yet since I'm out of town for a couple months.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spraynardtatum

What happens if you go in with $0 on your person?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Krullban

Just deposit the cash in your bank account. I think you can even do it from your phone! Running around with 12k in cash is as stupid in GTA online as it is in real life.

@pie said:

Worked fine for me between 7 and 10:30 pm EST last evening on xbox. I think you just have to get past the racing mission. I was lucky and did the race alone agains Lamar on my first try. Crashed once or twice in subsequent missions but it didn't take forever loading or anything. I even did the drug fetch mission with 3 other people, another race with 2 dudes and roamed around the open world (populated by a bunch of other people) robbing stores without a hitch.

You lose the money in your bank when you die.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban said:

@pyrodactyl said:

@pie said:

That didn't happen to me at all, so I have no idea why that's happening to you.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: that's a bug or you're mistaken. The whole point of your bank account is to secure your money.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

@krullban said:

@pyrodactyl said:

@pie said:

That didn't happen to me at all, so I have no idea why that's happening to you.

When i died i Gained money. Cant say i have lost money in death matches except on betting on my self..................I thought that jimmyfenix guy was good !

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: that's a bug or you're mistaken. The whole point of your bank account is to secure your money.

Secure it from other players from stealing it all. If it's on you, the money you have drops everywhere. When I die it's the same as singleplayer and a portion of my money is removed for "hospital fees"

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: That makes sense because otherwise people could run around with no money and die and there'd be no consequence.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not my picture, but here is proof.

No Caption Provided

Works the same as SP, so it goes by a percentage of what you have. And whenever I die it comes out of my bank account. "Spent on healthcare & bail"

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: sure but even in deathmatch? I don't buy it. That has to be a bug right?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

That seems fine to me. Risk vs reward. If there isn't a harsh penalty for failing then what's the point if any old yokel can aquire millions through sheer attrition?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: sure but even in deathmatch? I don't buy it. That has to be a bug right?

It was doing it every time I died in deathmatch. I hope it's a bug.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I dunno what's going on on your end, but I just watched a friend play deathmatch and he didn't lose any money when he died. Must be a bug.

Dr_Bocknstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just played some deathmatch and other modes. Not only did I not lose money during DM I stopped losing cash in free roam when I died. Very weird set of bugs.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jimmyfenix

Rockstar have confirmed it was a bug. It is presumably fixed on the PS3 i haven't had any money taken away from me when i have died in deatmatches.

TheBookNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheBookNerd

I lose money (i.e. die) constantly, which makes it impossible to earn any. And yes, when you die, it take it out of your bank. Unless your are Mr. 1337 420 SnIpEdAwG MLG PRO MERC who can play the game without ever dying, then buying in-game currency will be required. Pretty nasty setup.

I turned a car in to Simeon and earned over $8000. The next mission I played (and replayed, twice) I died a total of six times. Lost all of that money.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Oh wow, they've made a system even more designed for griefing than the previous one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.