Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Question about DLC and campaign (GTA:V Xbox 360)

vovin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I originally bought GTA:V for my Xbox 360 at launch, played it until I beat it, then haven't touched it since. Recently I felt like playing it again and I am about halfway through the campaign (not interested in online for a number of reasons).

I know that several DLC packs came out with new vehicles and guns, and whatever. So my question is, are these DLC items in the campaign at all? And if so, do you have to pay for them or is it just default?

I tried looking up the answer to this question, but could not find anything that clarifies things. Roommate has GTA:V on his PS4 and said that the DLC stuff automatically patched into the campaign in his version. When I go into Ammunation stores in the game and look at the DLC wall, it is empty and when it prompts me to go to the Rockstar store to get items, it tells me that there is an error connecting.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

From what I understand, all of the post-launch DLC has been completely free. The only stuff you can pay for is the GTA Online currency, and that's all optional. The weapons, at least are totally usable in the single player portion. I remember just buying them, like you said, on the rack of DLC weapons at Ammu-nation. You'll usually get an e-mail from Ammu-nation saying that new weapons are available, or a little notification at the top left of the screen when you load your save. I don't know if the vehicles carry over, but I think you buy most of the cars and planes and junk through an in-game website?

When I played on 360, I had to go to the game page on the Xbox Store to manually download all of those packs. They're not patched in like they are on the PS4 version.

vovin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajayraz said:

From what I understand, all of the post-launch DLC has been completely free. The only stuff you can pay for is the GTA Online currency, and that's all optional. The weapons, at least are totally usable in the single player portion. I remember just buying them, like you said, on the rack of DLC weapons at Ammu-nation. You'll usually get an e-mail from Ammu-nation saying that new weapons are available, or a little notification at the top left of the screen when you load your save. I don't know if the vehicles carry over, but I think you buy most of the cars and planes and junk through an in-game website?

When I played on 360, I had to go to the game page on the Xbox Store to manually download all of those packs. They're not patched in like they are on the PS4 version.

You have to manually download this stuff? lol well that explains a lot. I'll have to try downloading it elsewhere because the game is not letting me access this download area from Ammunations.

I'll give it a shot now and see how it goes.

vovin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vovin

@ajayraz: Yup, that was exactly the issue. I must be getting old, because I'm used to the era where you knew your expansion packs worked because they were on separate discs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.