Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guacamelee!

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 09, 2013

Guacamelee! is a side-scrolling Metroidvania style game featuring a luchador on a quest through dual worlds to save El Presidente's daughter.

No audio through HDMI

azat130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By azat130

I recently bought this game to play on my TV and was hugely dissapointed when audio wouldn't play on my TV, instead it played through laptop speakers. Other games did not have such a problem. Its been now 2 weeks and support have not yet decided to answer me...

This is only game that has this problem for me, all drivers are up to date, have Windows 10. Did anyone else had anything similar or knows a way to fix this?

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MVHVTMV

@azat130: If you right-click on the volume icon in your notification tray and then go to playback devices it will give you a list of all connected audio outputs. It's possible that the game is overriding your defaults for whatever reason, so I would try disabling all audio outputs but HDMI and see if that works.

Just right click on each item in the list and hit disable until you've only got your one desired output left active, and that should stop the game from overriding it. (hopefully)

No Caption Provided

I've had a lot of similar problems before, because I use external S/PDIF and Firewire power-amps and every time I update my graphics drivers they override my audio defaults.

azat130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hade 2 devices when connecting to the TV, LGTV and Speakers (Realtek High Defenition Audio). When i disabled Speakers all ingame audio was gone from the game, no audio on the TV. Tried disconecting the HDMI and restarting the game, didnt help.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What graphics card? Is it just one game that doesn't have audio or all games? If it's all games your card may not support audio through hdmi. If you do what @mvhvtmv says and there is only your speaker device then you don't have any drivers that support hdmi audio, otherwise setting your hdmi output as default should work.

azat130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nvidia Geforce 840M. only this game, no problem on bunch of other games or videos

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OurSin_360

Did a quick search seems your not the only person with the issue, one suggestion was to try windows 7 compatibility mode? Sorry i can't be of more help, but it's definitely an issue with the game

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are a bunch of really annoying little digital audio quirks this could be, but it's hard to really guess without getting my hands on it myself to play around with it.

It's probably unlikely, but it might just be an issue with Nvidia HD Audio drivers for laptop chipsets. Maybe try wiping your existing graphics drivers, and then doing a custom/clean install. During the install process you should be able to choose to install "Nvidia HD Audio" drivers. (HDMI Audio)

Windows comes with HD Audio drivers by default, and in most cases they are good enough for the job, so it if you've already got the Nvidia drivers installed, it might be worth cleaning them out and seeing if you get a better result with the default Windows drivers.

Just note that Graphics drivers and HDMI audio drivers are two different things, even though they are both usually handled by the same installer.

A couple of other possibilities off the top of my head are mismatched bitstreams, i.e. DTS, LPCM, Dolby, or even mismatched bit-depths or sample-rates even if you're using the correct bitstream. I've found that most TVs don't handshake well with PCs and they have trouble getting things right. You can try going into the Audio Playback Devices like before, and then right clicking on your desired device and looking at the properties menu. While you're in there, it might help to try different sample rates to see if they trick the TV into using the right bitstream. You might also have some luck if you try forcing different resolutions from within the game, because of the way that certain TVs expect different standards for different resolutions. You have to do some weird little things to force my TV to accept a 1080p60 signal, because it almost always tries to display it as 24fps.

You might also have to mess around in your TV's menu and see if it has specific settings for audio bitstreams, etc. It's usually automatic, but it might be set to DolbyHD or something that Guacamelee doesn't support well.

^Sorry for the long rambling wall of text, but I'm about to head out and don't have time to write it more elegantly. Let me know if you try anything else and I'll check back later tonight.

azat130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By azat130

@oursin_360:Compatability didnt work

No Caption Provided

@mvhvtmv: No HD Audio on Nvidia driver. Changing audio formats on laptop didnt help and my TV doesnt even have an option to change it (looked through all the settings i could find). Curiously i found another game with similar problem, Mark of the Ninja - all audio is played through laptop and ingame cinematics through TV.

azat130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By azat130

After some digging around found this: www.drinkboxstudios.com/guacsettings/gold/LOCALSETTINGS.rar there is settings file which makes game run in super small resolution in windowed mode, and there is audio through HDMI. However as soon as i change resolution sound dissapears. Is there any way to make it playable Fullscreen (or borderless) with the audio through HDMI? And if anyone can open the .dat file and explain why exactly those settings work and default (or which were changed ingame) have no affect?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.