Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Custom In-game Soundtracks

Kri0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kri0s

Here is the link to the dev. reply to the question if you have access to the beta forum...

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/audio/Choosing-our-own-music/page/1#post157856

If you do not have access here is what was said by Jim Boer....

" It’s actually in and working, but the feature wasn’t publicly documented. Here’s how it currently works:

Under [Your Name]\Documents\Guild Wars Gw2Dev folder, you’ll see that GW2 creates a Music folder next to the Screens folder (where screenshots go). All you need to do to get your external music collection playing in the game is to create a playlist of the appropriate name and type in this folder.

Supported playlist formats are .wpl, .m3u, .pls, .asx, and .wax.

Supported audio types are everything FMOD supports by default, which includes .mp3, .ogg, .flac, .wav. aiff, and a bunch of old-school music formats, like .mid or .it files.

There are eight specific playlists the game recognizes, and these are designated simply by the playlist’s file name. They are: Ambient, Battle, Underwater, City, Crafting, BossBattle, NightTime, and MainMenu. Hopefully these are somewhat self-explanatory in terms of when you might expect to hear them play.

So, for example, if you create a playlist called Ambient.m3u, anything in that playlist will be heard instead of the standard in-game ambient music (the general music you hear when running around in the world).

Each internal playlist can designate a primary and secondary playlist to look for. Most of the playlists will fall back to Ambient if they do not exist. This means that if you’d like to simply replace the majority of the music in the game, you can just create an Ambient playlist, or maybe just Ambient and Battle. However, if you really want to customize your playlist in detail, you can create the more specialized playlists such as NightTime or Crafting.

The easiest (and at the moment, the only) way to test this is with a MainMenu playlist, since that will replace the music at the login screen."

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

Nice catch! I saw the Music folder when I downloaded the client, but when opened it was empty for me, so I assumed it was still a work-in-progress. Guess I'll take another look.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By RobbieMac

Very cool.  Though there is something about Guild Wars music that I just love too much to replace with my own personal music.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By UssjTrunks

Awesome feature. I always get bored of game music after a while so I end up muting the game and just playing my own music from a background program. This is so much more convenient.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I'm replacing the entire GW2 soundtrack with dubstep remixes of the entire GW2 soundtrack

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.