Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Giant Bomb Guild

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By RobbieMac

The Official Giantbomb Guild - Lincoln Force

No Caption Provided

Well when this game is finally released I want to start up a guild like I did in GW1 right from the beginning. After seeing there was some interest in the GW1 forums I thought I would start a thread here to see if anyone was on board. I am no longer with my guild from 2005 so I have no plans of playing with anyone from GW1. So feel free to post here if you are interested.

Essentially this Guild will be here for the community of Giant Bomb so no one has to play alone, I realized that I hated playing alone once my original Guild disbanded and I played on and off. We will participate in quests, dynamic events, instances, farming and the likes to keep things fresh. I want this Guild to have a nice balance with both PvP and PvE, but I guess we will have to see how GW2 operates in comparison to GW1. Most of all I am hoping this Guild forms some friendships between the great members of the greatest gaming website out there.

Leadership

For any who don't already know, the guild leaders for the Giant Bomb Guild Wars 2 Guild have been chosen from amongst the community. These are RobbieMac, Dark_Lord_Spam, selfconfessedcynic and Maystack.

Guild Officer(s)

As Officers we've got Benny, Chavtheworld, No0b0rAmA, Shinboy630, Subjugation, Tarkhein and UssjTrunks

Roster

American Time ZonesEU Time ZonesOceanic Time Zones
    L- RobbieMac (WvW & PvE)L- Maystack (All)L- selfconfessedcynic (All)
    L- Dark_Lord_Spam (PvE)O- Benny (sPvP)O - Tarkhein (All)
    O- No0b0rAmA (PvE)O- Chavtheworld (WvW and PvE)
    O- Shinboy630 (All)
    O- Subjugation (WvW & PvE)
    O- UssjTrunks (sPvP)

What you can expect from us:

• We will be an active presence.
    • We will establish reasonable rules and enforce them to the best of our ability.
    • We will strive to be fair and evenhanded.
    • We will be approachable - we aren't gods, and we don't expect to be treated as such. If you think I'm a jerk, tell me so.
    • We will be open to suggestions and criticism. (This is an important one)

Your Rights:

• You can call us down at any time. If you think one of us isn't right for the position, and others agree with you, so be it.
    • You can hold us accountable for our actions.
    • You can talk smack about us at any time. Go ahead, shout YOU'RE A BIG FAT NINNY, and e-punch me in the face. We can't ban you for something like that, so feel free (within reason, of course).

The GW2 Mumble Server

First off if you want to be a good guild member you will follow these simple steps:

1. Download the Mumble client here and install it.

2. Open the program, you will get a window asking you to connect to a server. Click "Add New...", and type in the following:

• Label: Giant Bomb - GW2
    • Address: straylight.nl
    • Port: 64738
    • Username: [Your username].

3. Click OK and then Connect. When you get prompted for a certificate failure , just click Yes. You will now be able to connect.

4. Right click on your name when you're on the server and click "Register." This will assure that no one else will use that name.

Even if you don't have a mic we would love to have you around, so don't be shy and drop on in!

Finally, if no one is on the GW2 mumble they may be over on the Giant Bomb Gaming Hub mumble. So feel free to swing by there because there is a GW2 tab in that server as well these are the details:

• Label: Giant Bomb Gaming Hub
    • Address: sap.pzlate.com
    • Port: 64738
    • Username: [Your username]

Server (in short - Yak's Bend)

So the main question was will there be a NA and EU guild covering both zones, the answer is no. With many NA, Oceanic and European players playing in the beta weekend events it was determined that there was almost no lag regardless of location. So this becomes very beneficial because now everyone can stick together and everyone will have an opportunity to play together.

So down to business, what server will we be playing on?

We will be playing on Yak's Bend, it is a NA server and we made this choice through a vote (we are very democratic in these parts).

The Lincolncast

No Caption Provided

So if you didn't know we have our own podcast that is hosted weekly by @selfconfessedcynic, @No0b0rAmA and @Dourin. This group is also rounded off by a rotating cast including: @shinboy630, @Rawson, @Tarkhein, @ZoomyRamen or god forbid myself on desperate occasions.

So make sure to check it out, cynic posts the youtube and podbean links each week and if a live event occurs it is normally archived on Dourin's twitch channel which is: www.twitch.tv/dourin

The podcast will probably run until release and then I guess we will see where The Lincolncast goes from there.

Members

MembersInformation about the member (How they got started with Guild Wars)
    RobbieMacI have been playing GW1 since 2005 (not quite release a bit after), I played for a solid 2 years or so then I began to play on/off due to school and because I grew bored of the gameplay. Though now my interest has been rekindled yet again due to the new and exciting things that GW2 is going to offer. As much as I want the game to be released I am glad ArenaNet is taking their time to make it the best possible product.
    selfconfessedcynicI played Guild Wars since 2005, my oldest character is 5 years old (warrior / necro - well, at least he started that way). Initially, I just played PvE, until one of my guild mates intro'd me to PvP... Man. In short, I played consistently for the first 3 of those 5 years, and in that time, I finished all the campaigns twice (once with a camp-specific character and once with my main), but that only really accounts for about 300 hours of my 1750 hours of play. The other 1450 hours was PvP. Our guild, which was mainly a bunch of blokes from highschool (it disbanded in 2009 - hence my only having played a lot during the first 3 years of my account), held GvG ranks at around the 250-500 mark, depending on season. Our longest Team Arenas run was approx 50 consec (before servers opened up to being international - at which point the constant shifts in meta owned us), and at that point our longest run was about 12. My longest RA run after 4v4 PvP going international was 23 (me playing rit vengeful weapon healer).
    Dark_Lord_SpamStarted playing the original game in July 2005, my first character was an Elementalist/Warrior (my reasoning: HE'LL BE SO GOOD AT TANKING WITH EARTH MAGIC I MEAN LOOK AT ALL OF THAT ENERGY) that I did basically everything PvE with. I was immediately impressed by the massive Sorrow's Furnace update a couple of months later, and got so wrapped up in trying to complete the damn thing (this was before heroes and PvX) that I didn't end up finishing Prophecies until after I beat Factions almost a year later. During that time I participated sporadically in GvG, TA and ToPK (never really like RA) with my first guild, with a few moderate successes and many more ugly failures. After that, I only ever played faction PvP like FA/JQ/AB, since I was never able to find a truly skilled PvP guild. I created a Paragon/Ranger when Nightfall released, which quickly became my new main and remains so to this day (as an Imbagon). Started fizzling out on the game so much that even though I got Eye of the North on release it took me a year and a half to muster the will to beat it. Got back in and started on completing titles and endgame missions/dungeons in late 2009, and transitioned into working on my HoM when the information was released. I play off and on now, doing HoM and whatever GW: Beyond content the Live Team comes up with.
    SasranGuild Wars was my first real PC game, I started with Factions back in 06 after a friend kept badgering me to play this awesome game with him. Well he kept showing me material for the game and then mentioned "Ninjas". My 16-year-old self was sold instantly. I've played through all the campaigns with multiple characters, except for Prophecies, I only played through that once. I was also the kinda guy who played mostly by myself and, for me, this was the biggest draw. It felt like an MMO, but I could play alone... not that I wasn't up for group play. It just let me play the game at my own pace.
    PrimeSynergy
    roninenix
    RiddellStarted playing in January 2006. Stopped playing seriously Summer 2009 however I've been getting back into it recently to try and get my HoM filled out. Guild Wars is easily one of my favorite (and most played) games of all time and primarily play PVE.
    zynI started playing GW in June 2005. The "no subscription fee" got my attention. Since then, I've completed all campaigns. I stopped playing after completing Eye of the North in 2007. Why play GW2? I enjoyed the first game and like what ArenaNet are doing with the second game. I did play WoW but it's boring now. I rarely play GW these days though.
    WinterSnowblindI've been playing the original pretty regularly since 2005, I have completed all four campaigns multiple times across several characters and am currently playing through the new Beyond content. Mainly a PVE player, but looking forward to getting into some WvWvW.
    plague102I started playing guild wars back when it released in 2005 and played it for about a year after which I just got tired of playing/my friends stopped as well so no one was really left in the game for me. I picked up the triple pack from steam when it was on sale last summer and played for a little bit before again I stopped after after hitting the level cap and getting top gear.
    beej
    elidiax
    phrosniteI started playing GW in October 2007 and played it for 3 months(600hours). I spent most of the time(400hours) playing the PvP modes. My best characters were an Assassin and a Lighting mage. My skill builds were very good and if I remember correctly my most consecutive wins in Team Arena with random people was 20 wins... Oh, I had Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall... I never bought GWEN.
    ZoomyRamen
    DOUBLESHOCK
    EvelgestI played the GW1 beta weekends (Gwen killed us all with Firestorm during one of them!), bought the game upon release (To this day, I regret not purchasing the Prophecies CE for the Divine Aura), and played it actively for about 3 years.
    TearheadPlayed GW1 since 2005 and stopped sometime during 2008. I've logged over 1000 hours.
    Briguile
    Gellrock
    Vitius
    fox01313
    XII_SniperI played a lot of Factions when that was new, that was the asian themed one. I had a lot of fun with that, especially since I was in a very very small (like 5 members) but very wealthy guild run by childhood friends of mine. But they moved onto Nightfall, and I didn't bother getting it, then they bored of Nightfall, and the whole guild disbanded. That's basically when I stopped. The game's no good without a guild. I tended to play Mesmer/Warriors, so I hope the mesmers kick as much ass as they did before. I loved the idea of having enemies hurting themselves when they attack and messing with their use of magic as well. I don't play a lot of MMOs, so I don't know if that's a common style of class, but I had a great time.
    BucketdethBegan playing sometime in 2005 while trying to juggle it and Wow, eventually chose Guild Wars as my full time game. Enjoyed playing as a Necromancer/Mesmer, leveled to 20 with a Guild I am no longer associated with (not sure where any of the members are at this point), but some of my most fond memories of adventure, exploration, and character growth had come from playing with others in several guilds. Really loved the PVE aspect of the game, after I hit max level I joined a PVP centric guild and the game was like brand new. After about a year I was pulled back to Wow and dabbled in Guild Wars every few months. Really excited to start again and hopefully fill the gap I had with the first Guild Wars, that sense of community, friendship and bonding you have with each other is something you can't get in many games.
    DemyxA new comer to the Guild Wars franchise.
    Darkwingduck
    Ashkanhoss29
    AzteckA new comer to the Guild Wars franchise.
    CaptainTryHard
    Meteora
    LukeweizerI've been playing Guild Wars for 5 years, only lightly the past couple. I've logged over 2,400 hours in that time. I mostly play PvE only because I could never find a guild that would be willing to teach me some PvP. Own all the campaigns and have all PvE character classes. I'm the leader of the 'Batman Batman Batman' guild, aimed at Giant Bomb members but never got much response in threads I've made regarding recruiting. But I think 'Lincoln Force' is a much better guild name. I'm incredibly exciting for GW 2. I kinda burned out on GW 1 since I never had friends who played so I was often alone. Really looking forward to being a part of a guild where I have something in common with the members.
    Vegsen
    RhombusofTerrorI've been playing Guild Wars since 2006 and my main is an SS Necromancer. I have a meager 3000 hours on this game. Can't wait to do some Guild based activities.
    slayergnome
    NickLI played GW1 shortly after release for about half a year and have been playing on and off ever since. I've logged over 1000 hours on my single most played character and a lot more then that combined with my other characters.
    DAFTPUNK
    MentalDisruptionNew to the Guild Wars franchise!
    Aronman789New to the Guild Wars franchise!
    LordXavierBritsh
    IrvandusI've played World of Warcraft on and off since the Burning Crusade in which I generally play tanks. I played Lotro for a few months after it came out and honestly don't remember anything about it except that houses were really expensive. I also play DDO on and off because I don't need to pay a subscription service and I can unlock all of the content by grinding and the store stuff isn't taunting you the entire time. My Guild Wars experience on the other hand is very limited. I tried to get into the game but just found it so similar to everything else I was playing that I just couldn't really get into it. Guild Wars 2 on the other hand looks exactly like what I want to see happen to combat and character creation in an MMO, heck I might even play a non melee character! Also for the record I am terrible at PvP so I tend to stick with PvE.
    MaystackI started playing in around september '05 and have been playing steadily ever since. I've got over 1000 hours in it, but I actually only made real progress once Nightfall came out. I had gotten quite far in prophecies but I didn't really know much about the game, so I was trying to beat high end missions with terrible armour etc. With my Dervish though I'm trying to get as many titles as possible at the moment. I'm one area away from vanquishing elona (I'm just waiting until the appropriate Zaishen quest), and about 2% from cartography. I mainly play solo, apart from when my guild mate comes on and we'll do some questing.
    Buckfitches
    NekuSakurabaNew to the Guild Wars franchise!
    TrebzNew to the Guild Wars franchise! I've watched a friend play Guild Wars for about 15 minutes. That's about as much experience as I've ever had with it. That seems to have very little impact on how much I want to play this.
    HarinoshoStarted playing GW1 because i had nothing else to do and knew that there's no monthly payments. Played it for a year or more, bought all the expansions. Stopped playing because there was really nothing else i could do besides gold farming or checking the guild.
    DeathshroudNew to the Guild Wars franchise!
    SubjugationNew to the Guild Wars franchise!
    Ragnorok512
    Lethalki11ler
    TheHTNew to the Guild Wars franchise!
    ChavtheworldI played a significant amount of Prophecies, and a bit of Factions (but I had to solo that one.) Basically all my experience is PvE because I enjoyed it way more in GW1, however I'm looking to change that in GW2. Also, I played a Ranger/Elementalist as my main, however I freaking hate Rangers now and it was possibly the worst character choice I've ever made. Expect me to mix it up next time! My oldest character is easily 5 years old. Also I have a hella amount of mini's.
    Adamsonsplayed GW from E3 for everyone up until Nightfall and now recently picked up EoTN.
    ultima88
    CornishrockerBeen playing GW1 for 5 years
    Shinboy630I've been playing since '07 and have put 2500+ hours into GW
    Fattony12000
    SPeedy26I have been playing a bit before nightfall had been released and mained a warroir ever since. finshed every Campaign except GW:EN (damn that last boss). I'm loving the look of the Warrior, Guardian(wish he could off-hand swords though), and Mesmer (la la la la). I love/hate arena net for making this game, Love the fact that they are breaking the holy Trinity but hate the fact that I wasn't able to do it frist :P (studying in game design). Sometime I sware they are just taking idea's in my head out and making them 20 times beter(if only I could implant that dual wielding swords guradian idea oh well :P)
    WonloongPlayed GW1 as a Mesmer all through GWEN, loved it. But ever since WoW, I've fallen in love with the Warrior class. Looks like I'll main the same one in GW2, too!
    Chewii101Main was an elementalist in the old game, played for 2/3 years.
    NyaxiteI played Guild Wars back in 2005, and it was my first MMO experience. I shared an account with my brother but we played a fair amount until WoW came along. Anyways, I came back just this year and played for about a month or so with a new account to try some of the Factions and Nightfall content. I'm not playing it anymore, but I still believe that GW2 will be an absolutely amazing game and a certain day-one purchase for me.
    pepsimaxofborg
    SirPsychoSexy
    GizmoI've never played Guild Wars 1, but i'm interested in GW2 due to the core changes it's trying to apply to MMO mechanics.
    ErtardI won't be super active perhaps though, as I'm restarting my old WoW guild and leading that. The whole thing about being a member of different guilds sounds great.
    DuskVampPlayed a decent amount of the first one, but none of my friends played and they all played WoW. They eventually persuaded me to switch and I never really went back to playing it properly. I never touched PvP in it either. But I'm really looking forward to 2,
    Jack268Haven't played a ton of GW1
    StingerMK2my ONLY experience with MMOs is the FFxi beta on the xbox, i think i played it for about 3 hours.
    RVonEI played Guld Wars and Guild Wars Factions casually--having only logged about 400-500 hours. I used to play a necromancer/ranger but I'll switch to Norn two-handed warrior for Guild Wars 2. I play strictly PvE (often solo) and if the demands for this guild are not too hardcore, I'd like to be a part of the Giant Bomb guild just to have a nice place to return to after doing some questing.
    SupamonI really liked GW1 and I'm pinning my hopes that GW2 will the redefining MMO that it hypes up to be. Love the lore and looking forward to do dungeons with fellow GBers!
    MXPlayed the shit out of GW. And I have owned Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall. I'm just hoping my pc wil run it
    ImHungryHaven't touched the original game in forever but I'm really looking forward to this. Here from Asia!
    ItwastuesdayThe last time I played Guild Wars was > 5 years ago. Though I don't remember much about it, I do remember enjoying it a lot
    Farley_LivesI have lvl 20's in nearly all the classes and Campaigns. I would really like to help out any new members looking for more people as well as getting new people started.
    SaltyDoughnutI've played all of the the Guild Wars campaigns and have logged well over 1000 hours between them. I stopped playing one summer after my account was hacked and I lost hundreds of hours worth of cash and gear. My favorite classes were Paragon and Ritualist, so I'll probably start as a Guardian in GW2. I can't wait to get back into the Guild Wars universe, this has been one of my most anticipated games since it was first announced.
    Sovereign6I'm fairly new to MMO's in general. Played Wow up until level 65 I believe and Star Trek online. This game has really sparked my interest though!
    ShinPlayed Gwars1 from release regularly up till 2008-2009 ish and still play it on and off now. Played everything the game had to offer campaign wise and played all the classes. Probs play a engineer or ranger class when gwars2 comes out. Looking forward to it!
    OmegaPirateI am completely new to the Franchise but having wrong pretty much everything i can out of WoW - except the stupid legendary daggers for my rogue that are STILL going to take me 2 more months to get, i'm looking for something new, and i've been drooling over gw2 since i first caught word of it.
    LethalKi11lerPlayed the shit of all the game expansions from the first Guild Wars and cannot wait for the next one
    connerthekewlkid
    TwoGunsABlazinMy only experience with Guild Wars was the beta for the first game but i'm definitely looking forward to Guild Wars 2. Need a new MMO kinda game after SWTOR.
    Edulle
    syzygyeolithI played and 'finished' the first Guild Wars (and all the expansions) almost exclusively solo with the AI, and had a very small guild I ran with a couple of friends, none of whom were especially active. I still had fun though kitting out my guild hall with all the NPC's and such. There was just something nice about having my own personal space like that.
    lightsodaNew to the GW franchise!
    ChristwoodEver since I burned out all the content in the original game, I've been looking forward to Guild Wars 2. I am so hyped that half a year ago me and my friend created our very own fansite for all GW2 related news and material.
    Nerolus
    c0l0nelp0c0rn1
    swamplord666
    MatthewAs far as expieriance goes, I'm a total new guy. Hell, this would even be my first MMO. Since the Mumble has been up for BF3, the guys there have been singing all kinds of praises about GW, and it was then that I started to follow the development of GW2
    selbie
    UssjTrunksPlayed the first game for almost 300 hours, Ranger/Mesmer, and I was pretty awesome (I'm underselling myself, I was totally awesome).
    Benny
    Capum15I gravitate more towards PvE with these types of games, but the WvWvW stuff looks really fun. I only have a tiny bit of GW1 experience, but I've been looking forward to GW2 for a while now.
    MustachioI'd be up for this when it comes to World vs World. I'll be going a Norn Guardian, with experience as a Monk from the first game, so basically I'll try my best to defend any keeps we get our grubby mitts on. See you guys when I see you!
    NickI played the first Guild Wars when it was released for a bit but never got too far into it.
    llamaeggI dabbled with Guild Wars on and off back in the day, but never got into it due to, well, not having anyone to play with.
    S0ndorI have been playing Guild Wars since early 2006. After finishing all the campaigns with most of my 6 PvE characters I really got into the various methods of farming (mostly Shadow Form, 55hp, 600hp and Underworld). I stopped playing in 2008, only to return in 2009 when me and my cousin really got into Alliance Battles. Sometimes we would spend days playing AB with our guild mates. It eventually got boring, though, and I have been eagerly awaiting the coming of Guild Wars 2 for the past couple of years. I did play some Guild Wars late last year to get my HoM score from 25/50 to 30/50 (all the items woohoo).
    jvpde
    KillroycantkillI've been playing Guild Wars since launch, have all the expansions, and put in just under 1000 hours into the game. I think 980 something to be exact. I've been apart of a couple Guilds from casual ones to some pretty hardcore ones.
    caskaI played GW1 when it first launched and right up to the months preceding that first expansion where it fell out of favour with all my high school friends at the time and we moved to WoW which I then clocked some ridiculous number of hours like 50 days or something. Now though, a fair few years on and I barely talk to those guys so I'd love to join your ranks and have a nice place to start what looks to be an awesome game. I'm more of a PvE type o' guy so once I reach endgame content I'll be happy to be that guy who you can ask to help out in any sticky situations.
    AlbinoJerkI bought Prophecies at launch, played through until it became daily FoW and Underworld grinding, Then went back when Sorrow's Furnace launched. I later got Nightfall and Factions and finished those. I was amazed at GW1 back then for being so massive, yet free-to-play, and I'm even more impressed by what they are doing now. I Hope to have more fun exploration like in the first game.
    Zidane_24I played a bunch of Guild Wars back when it came out, had a level 20 Ranger, then realized that Rangers were never wanted for groups, so I went back and made a Monk and had a blast. Really pumped for whenever GW2 comes out.
    bunnymudI'll be getting the game day one. Played GW1 after Katrina hit N.O.
    tapukiOnly ever dabbled in low-level GW1, but GW2 looks too good to pass up on.
    Redsox44I only ever played a little bit of GW1 but I am really excited to play GW2.
    BreakfastKingPlayed a shitload of GW1 back in the day, pretty much right up until the release of EotN. Played Monk / Necro for most of it. I've been playing on and off recently trying to fill some of the Hall of Monuments on my Mesmer.
    akiman89New the the Guild Wars franchise!
    ExciledVip3rI ran a very successful guild/raid back in Lich King and Cata though, so you can count me in for any major pve'ing going on.
    insane_shadowblade85I'm still kind of on the fence right now, but if I do get it I'd like to run with you guys.
    RaiosI was a WoW addict for almost 6 years, but unfortunately never got into GW1. From what I've seen though GW2 looks really awesome!
    CynistNever played the first Guild Wars, but GW2 looks great. Recent MMO games haven't kept my attention very long, not necessarily because of quality, but community. You can only go so far flying solo. I hope joining a guild such as this will be the remedy I need.
    Th3irdeyeI played the first guild wars for 2 straight years and logged over 1000 hours. Can't wait to sink my teeth into the sequel.
    BrodehouseI'll play, but I'll only do the PvE and even then probably never do any of the really hard crap. But I'll play the carebear stuff with some Bombers.
    g00berExtremely excited for this game despite barely scratching the surface on GW1. I have substantial MMO experience and really looking forward to the PVP in this game.
    Beaudacious
    AdaurinI played DAOC, WOW, and TOR. Looking for a an mmo that recaptures the open world pvp feeling of DAOC and I'd love to do it with a community that originates from Giantbomb.
    keyhunter
    altradI've played Everquest, WoW, TOR, DDO and LotR quite a bit. Plus a smattering of other mmo's that have come out in that time trying them out. I'd love to join a community guild with the energy and activeness of this one to learn a new game.
    Floppypants
    PrimeTaradox
    isnipeyoudieI've played a bunch of GW1, but don't have all of the stuff to show for it, as I lost my original account. My 2nd account has around 100 hours of playtime, my original was pushing 400.
    MrMazzI played GW1 from about 06 till GWEN and beat that and than stopped. Recently broke up with SWOTOR. I Need to get my pass for my GW1 account have enough points for the armor in the HoM
    DourinThis will be my first Guild Wars experience, but far from my first MMO. The following is a list of all the MMO's I have played (in no particular order): FFXI, WoW, CoX (pre-F2P), Champions Online (pre-F2P), SWToR, LotRO (pre-F2P), STO (Took the Gerstmann plunge), FFXIV, and probably a couple of others that are escaping me right now. Typically, I play a healer, but with healers and tanks not really being things in this game, I'll be interested to see which direction I decide to go. I literally have no idea at this point which class interests me the most.
    MageknightThis is my first real time with a Guild Wars game, but I've been playing with the Giant Bomb Old Republic guild and our Battlefield 3 group for some time. Looking forward to /dance'ing with you guys in the future!
    JustKamTooI only played GW1 briefly and to be honest I can’t remember what class I played. I’ve had a fair history with MMO’s (Ultima Online, Eve online, GW1, Wow, FFXI, LOTR, AoC, Warhammer, STO, Rift, SWTOR, Tera (beta)). My longest being wow as I played for about 4 years but only got to level 60 in vanilla, then pretty much used it as a fancy chat room.
    AskherserenityI have previous mmo experience. I guess WoW is what I've played the most but I have played a bit of everything; LotRo, Aion, Rift, Star Trek, Conan, Lineage, etc. I also tried playing GW1 for a bit a couple of weeks ago but I really wish I had someone to play with. I am pretty chill and friendly guy and I can't wait to be able to play GW2 with you guys!
    newhaapI have been looking for an MMO I can enjoy for a long time and I haven't found one yet (tried WoW, LOTRO, Warhammer Online, Aion, FFXIV, Old Republic). I lose interest very very quickly and have never taken any of my characters to the level cap. LOTRO was the one I played the most (up to lvl 35) just because I found the community really great (this was before they went free to play, not sure how it is now). Hoping Guild Wars 2 will be different enough from current MMOs.
    No0b0rAmAI've been playing Guild Wars since mid 08 and still actively playing today.
    Brother_PipPopHavent played much of guild wars or any of its expansions, but I really wanna try out GW2. IN all honestly I'll probably play for a few weeks and realize id rather just stick with WoW. But I really hope not, and I want to love this game.
    BiG_WeaselI've been playing MMOs since 1998, so this sounds good to me. Planning on an Asura Engineer, provided the upcoming beta weekend doesn't sway me
    Akrid
    Faltru
    Xyber
    Lotus
    Kri0sBeen playing mmo's since 2001, GW1 since release off and on, looking for a new guild family to have some adventures with :)
    fetchfoxI played GW1 when it was new for about half a year (quit because of school). I've not been big on MMOs before, but this does look like something I'd like, coming from loving the artstyle and enjoying RPGs (well over 200 hours in Skyrim).
    RolyatkcinmaiExtremely veteran GW player. From day 1. Seven characters over seven years old. 5,000 hours played. Proficient in every aspect of that game.
    MannyCalaveraI never played GW1, but pre-purchased 2. I like what i saw in the videos. But i have 0 experience with the series
    Skykin
    phampireplayed the first guild wars across 3 characters
    Gonmog

I played Guild Wars for all of maybe 10 hours. Between WoW, D2, and all the single player games i played, i never got around to playing it more. But really liked where this game was headed with all the good words everyone has said about how its looking.

Marz
    WindFall259
    WrayI would absolutely love to join the guild. Been ping-ponging between a lot of mmo's recently, as i have way too much time on my hands these days, but i always lacked a sense of community in the games ive played. A Giant Bomb guild sounds awesome, especially in terms of experiencing the world together with a bunch of kewl guys. Oh, and ive played GW1 on and off since around 2007.
    ZecriahHey guys, played a bunch of GW1 and super excited to play the new one.
    D_WHey there guys, I always find it hard to find people to play with in MMOs so it would be great if I can get into some GB guild action. I may only be able to play semi-casually unless I actually get with a bunch of people.
    Travis
    megaplushie
    gike987
    nitsenPreviously played a bit of GW1
    boxoflawls
    Spiritgod
    bobomega
    Liam89
    TrueMagnum
    Reklvan
    Malarkain
    DillonWerner
    CommodoreGroovy
    gunninkr
    LackLuster
    Islaja
    JNeamReally into GW1 and now GW2
    KronkPlayed some GW1, have purchased GW2 as soon as they let me, and played every event since. (Will main as Engineer) and I have experience with dozens of MMO's over the years.
    xpogoxFirst timer coming from WoW.
    Tonyyj
    GnomeonFire
    AtaribombBeen playing GW1 off and on since it released so I really can't wait until August.
    ZraisPlayed a lot of GW1, EQ, WOW etc..really stoked to play with GB people in an MMO!
    pekarnStarted playing GW1 when Factions came out and was immediately hooked.
    announakisI have been playing a lot of GW1 both PvE and PvP. I played mainly Necro, ranger and assassin and was basically known within my former french guild for my unconventional but more often than not very effective builds. I played PvP only in random arenas because I never joined a proper PvP guild. I made it to rank 3 or 4 glad just in RA lol. I was still in my french guild after I moved to Australia that explains mostly my solitary PvPing.
    Vampyre777I've played mmo's since FFXI. I played that for close to 6 years and pretty much did everything there was to do it in at that time. I've dabbled in wow and pretty much every other major MMO that has come out weather just in beta or for a few months after release. I played a bit of guild wars 1 but that was past its prime so did not really get to deep into it.
    DutchMeatI played a little of the first Guild Wars. The only MMO I've really put a lot of time into was WoW.
    SweepI never played Guild Wars beyond a couple of free weekends.
    theguyNew to the Guild Wars franchise.
    CL60Enjoyed GW1
    TurkalurchI have played other MMOs.
    sworenHave had a lot of experience with mmos, starting with EQ. From there played Guild Wars early on, and then WoW. Last mmo I played was SWTOR, which didn't last too long, and so now I'm just waiting for GW2. I've been excited since the announcement of the game because of what I had experienced in GW1.
    Bwast
    AcaraI've played quite a few mmos and always loved pvp. I didn't play much gw1 but have really enjoyed gw2 so far.
    IamTericsGuild Wars 2 is probably the most I've been excited for a game ever. A while back when it first caught my eye I bought Guild Wars Trilogy which I played around in for a little bit. I've only dipped in free MMOs every once in a while.
    kitchenninjaGuild Wars 1 was my first MMO, and it wasn't long before I was drawn into the abyss of WoW. I've been listening to the lincolncast while at work and I think it would be extremely enjoyable to play with people who have so much enthusiasm for the game (and naming convention).
    SilvantesI'm not one for pvping but I do love exploring dungeons with others.
    LolzownedI've played GW1 a little bit when it originally came out, but stopped playing for a bit, then got into wow. So i have a decent amount of MMO experience, even though this game does do a lot of cool new original stuff so it doesnt really matter. Also, I've been listening to the lincolncast and have been loving it!
    Selona83I'm a 29 year old Swedish old time mmo player. WoW for six years mainly. And i also played pretty much every other mmo released. The main reason i havent stayed in any of those "other" mmo games is mostly due to lack of nice ppl to play with. I really do not want that to be the case with gw2. Since I plan to play it for a long time. Am mostly a pve kinda guy, but i reckon i will love some wvw if am with some good folks. I consider to be a nice down to earth guy that just loves mmo games (god bless my gf for putting up with me)
    Gravier251
    BrianSonata
    deoxI never played the original Guild Wars but I'm really excited for this one.
    silentdante
    eylenn
    Choi
    audioBustingI'm new to Guild Wars and a new GB user.
    Forcen
    spudboy1I haven't played a lot of guild wars except the beta, but Ive played a lot of WoW, SWTOR, and Rift.
    Spilt_MilkI've been playing mmo's since EQ's beta and spent most of my time in eq,daoc, GW1, and Wow.
    DonatelloI have played the first GW lots, I'm mostly a PVE guy but I will do some PVP if needed.
    Einherjan
    LikeaMetaphor
    glass_flame
    Sol21
    punxotani
    Covaloch
    llamaegg
    chrisauelMy first MMO was SWG. Started playing Guild Wars at launch and then WoW later that year. Came back to Guild Wars for Factions, then took a break from MMOs for a few years. Recently I got started again on Star Trek Online, Rift, SWTOR, Tera, and The Secret World. I was completely blown away by the first beta weekend and can't wait for launch.
    Rattle618I never played GW1 (except for a free trial), but I raided on WoW regularly with my guild for almost a year until I got sick of the game and I´ve tried every f2p mmo out there.
    project343I played the Prophecies campaign back when that launched in 2005 with some friends, had a blast, then sort of got distracted with other delicious MMO desserts until I got fat and bored (both literal and figurative). Never really got around to playing the expansion packs to any meaningful degree. But oh boy am I excited for this game
    TelemekosI have been waiting for GW2 since its announcement, (I've been a huge GW fan since launch. Pre-ordered Prophecies CE) and experiencing this game with Duders sounds awesome!
    Xymox
    Hupsel
    jefftacular
    Wunder_
    DeathTrap
    gavian
    Jonnybusiness
    Yamlet
    Zolomak
    Cincaid
    Nat3TheGreat13
    yyninjaI played competitive CS 1.6, DotA and LoL. I'm a esports fan. I watch competitive SC2 matches and am also a lurker on teamliquid.net. With all that said, I'm planning to be casual player. Got a job, planning to move and just want to make sure that I have my real-life responsibilities checked.
    jacksmedulla
    Jopiri
    Mister_V
    MalaikiMy first MMO was WoW and joined just before Burning Crusade came out and loved it, this was just what I wanted from a game as a kid but back then adventure games were text driven on my old zx Spectrum 48k. Absolutely loved WoW it really felt like I was exploring another world, started up on Nagrand EU server in a Guild called "Gods Lost Children"

I have to admit i tried guild wars and didn't like it, maybe I just didnt give it enough time, I played WoW for a few years until I became dissolution-ed with the experience, plus with work and other interests ( discovered motorbikes). The past couple of years i've been keeping tabs on Guild Wars 2 and from what i've seen and heard it sounds dam awesome.

Fallen189I started playing MMO games in high school, when I played Legend of Mir 2, then moved onto DAOC, Lineage 2, and then I sunk deep into WoW. Best guild on the server, multiple server firsts, and I basically did everything ingame all the time it was there. I've never played Guild Wars, but I like the idea of a subscription free game, and I like the idea of playing an Engineer class! Excited to get playing it, assuming my PC can run it!!
    korkeshwas a player and raid leader in WoW starting vanilla and through burning crusade, ranked second on server in PVE. Kinda dropped out after that due to boredom and wanting to mix it up with something new. Guild Wars has now peaked my interest and I think its time to jump back into the MMO scene.
    juxtapopepodcast listener
    XavtronHey guys I'm looking to join your guild. I found out about it on your excellent podcast. My name's Xavier and I live in Geelong, Australia. I'm relatively new to pc gaming, but I'm looking to become good at the game and just generally have fun and play online with others.
    New_MandaloreBeen playing MMOs for almost 10 years, I blog about them, I'm a min/maxer but I'm not some elitist douchbiscuit.
    Heli0sI'm a longtime GiantBomb fan that only recently stumbled on the Lincolncast.
    ThurbletonI first want to thank the guys running the podcast. I found it while looking for GW2 audio to listen to while droning at work and after enjoying the episodes I traveled down the rabbit hole and learned how awesome Giant Bomb is, I will probably end up becoming a premium member and its thanks to you.
    MstrMnyBgsI'm interested in joining. Played Guild Wars 1 for a few years, been playing WoW since launch, and tried SWTOR for a two months when it came out.
    DefiasI already preordered a while back and now I have some free time to invest in a game. I played the original guildwars and SWTOR as well.
    PazyIm currently playing Guild Wars: Factions for the first time and im going to move on to Prophecies and Nightfall if I have time.
    FelgrimI'm completely new to GW, but played WoW since launch until Cata so not so new to the concept.
    MrWythersMostly played WoW, but tried a bit of GW back in the day. Shame I never played more of it.
    iPhoneAppz
    josefftheredGuild Wars was my first MMO experience and I can't wait for GW2.
    GantrathorI usually play MMOs solo, because I only have one friend who likes playing MMOs, and I don't like joining random people in the game (talk about weird). I imagine that it would be a lot more fun playing it with people from GiantBomb. Also, Lincoln Force is an incredibly awesome guild name.
    harrisI played a lot of GW1 growing up casually, hoping to get more into it with GW2.
    Akuyazi

I played some guild wars 1 during those Beta weekend events, and for a few months after release of prophecies but I never really kept up, which I kind of regret now.

I'll most likely be rocking a Human Guardian when GW2 launches, focusing on PvE and WvW doing some sPvP every now and then.

theimmortalbumI loved the first GW, and pre-purchased 2 the other day knowing.. nothing about the game. Would love to play with some duders!
    autolock
    Rohnke
    Generic_NinjaGuild Wars 1 was my first MMO then I got into WoW and now Guild Wars 2 will be my new love
    dudy80So i basically haven't followed the game at all, but i needed a podcast to pass time at work today and you guys totally sold me on the game. I own GW1 as i think i got it in some steam sale but never really checked it out, last mmo i played seriously was WoW pre cataclysm, i bought SWTOR but it never quite got its teeth in me.
    eightbitretroHey guys, love the podcast. Listen to it at work.
    DrShilliamsGuild Wars newb plus I imagine I'll only be playing casually.
    somethingepic
    MysteriousFawx
    cbarnes86I played quite a bit of GW1, but it has been awhile and it was all before expansions came out. I'll download Mumble and register my name and everything in preparation. Let me know what else I need to do and if there are any admin type jobs that need people to work (I'm willing to do anything to help the cause!). Also meant to put that I've played a lot of different MMOs, starting with EQ. Played that for about 2 years then moved to FFXI for about a year. Migrated to WoW for about 2-3 years. Then ended my MMO gaming with SWTOR upon launch and played for about 6 months and ran low on funds, so suspended my account. Looking forward to this game!
    craptain
    AxleFGK
    planetary
    BlundergutsI booped about in GW the first for only a brief time, but guild wars 2 has got me jones'ing for more. It is off the proverbial hook.
    ONIKAGEI
    Sol21

Longtime MMO Player having played most major MMOs. Have been playing them since EQ Online Adventures back on the PS2 (didn't have a proper pc back then). New to the GB forums but can't wait to meet everyone in game and just have a blast playing GW2 with you all.

byterunnerI played a little bit of Gw1 a long time ago, and played Lord of the Rings Online, and still play some SWTOR right now.
    CatsAkimboI haven't played GW1 since a couple months after Eye of the North. I've played a fair amount of most the major MMO releases from the past 10 years, and was a game master for an mmo for a year (still under NDA... I think?). I'm probably going to be splitting my time between this and CS:GO.
    EchinosI have been listening to the podcast as of late and feel I like I would fit in well here. I have tons of game time logged in various MMORPGs and am very excited for GW2.
    RyalmI played Guild Wars for roughly 4-5 years (The only MMO I was ever consistent in) usually rocking my Monk. The only reason I stopped playing is that my account was hacked twice. TWICE! And wouldn't you know it? My account was hacked 1 month before they started doing rollbacks on accounts to recover from hacking, so their earliest captures were still after my incident... Anyway! Looking forward to playing GW2 with the GiantBomb community!
    thebatmobileI played quite a bit of the first one the first year of its release. Stoked for the second one!
    WildGunmen
    mcnarniaJust bought my first gaming PC and have pre-purchased GW2. I've never played the franchise before, but I played WoW for a few years on various crappy laptops. Now that I'm on a PC that can handle gaming I seriously can't wait! Saw this at PAX last year and I knew I'd have to buy it.
    corpdeckerI'm new to this community but have been an avid MMO junkie for years. I'll be doing mostly PVE content and some WvWvW and will be online pretty much every night. I'm a virtual cornucopia of game information so don't be afraid to ask if you are new to GW2
    lxionis
    chinesegg
    PixelPrinnyI'm a complete Guild Wars noobie; I haven't even played any of the beta weekends of GW2 so I'm jumping into this completely cold. Hell, I don't even know what class I want to play. Hooray!Hopefully I end up actually enjoying the game... *fingers crossed* In any case, I'm no stranger to MMOs and such, so I'm sure things will work themselves out. In any event, I'm looking forward to chatting with and hanging out with other GBers in game.
    Shamakaze
    VexicI played WoW for years, but entered a burnout phase after Cataclysm, which more or less turned me off of MMO's completely. However, GW2 always piqued my interest and after reading into it more, I decided to give it a shot. I was really impressed with the open beta, and I'm pleased to be genuinely excited for the release.
    Dakira

I've been gaming for a while now, playing the MUD DragonRealms, FFXI, WoW, so on and so forth. I've been anticipating GW2 very highly as I like the direction they were going with the mechanics and the overall artwork. The Beta was very entertaining but has caused turmoil in my heart whether to play Mesmer as I originally intended or to switch to Engineer which proved to be a lot of fun. I hope I get to join you all in game.

ChevyBeen lurking this sight for a long time. Finally decided to register with Bomb a few weeks ago to follow the gw2 stuff and other games I might be interested in.
    jpeg747I played a lot of PvE GW1 and have been excited about this game since it was announced in 2007. I would love to be apart of the Giant Bomb guild when the game releases. :)
    CovalochAs for MMO experience, I started out with Anarchy online, and then started on Wow when it first came out. Stuck with it for about 4 years before retiring. Also - huge Blade Runner fan. I don't know why that's relevant but just though everyone should know. LOL.
    CyanexPlayed WoW from Beta till Cata.
    XtrminatrI played Guild Wars 1 when it came out for about 6 months and was in a pretty decent guild until all my friends stopped playing.
    betusbluesIve only played the trial versions of WoW and TOR so this will be the first MMO I invest some serious time in.
    pwnsportsJust joined the GB community after listening to the lincolncast over the last month or so. I'd like to join up with the guild upon release. I played GW1 briefly many years ago and after hearing so many good things about GW2 I decided to pre-order and try out the beta weekend, needless to say, now I can't wait for release!
    ZEROECHOSEVEN
    CrashdaddyI played Guild Wars when it was first released and played though prophecies with a few characters. I then came back to it when the triple pack was on sale on steam sometime last year. I am looking forward to GW2 and playing with the GB community.
    MGSolid86I played GW1 for two months in 2008 as a level 20 Elementalist/Necromancer.

Details on Guild's in GW2

What we know:

• We'll be able to communicate through the game, website and mobile apps.
    • Purchase upgrades such as a vault for sharing items between guild mates and bonuses that boost things like XP gain.
    • Have the ability to throw parties, not sure if this means in a guild hall or in the actual cities but either way it sounds great for increasing social events.
    • Guilds are character specific, so you can be in multiple guilds over your characters.
    • You can belong to as many guilds as you want. You can choose not to represent any of the guilds if you want to, or choose which one you would like to represent on any given day.
    • Earning “influence” when you do things with your guild. Can use influence to purchase, say, a flag that you can put down in an area and then anyone from your guild who’s near that flag gets an exp boost.
    • Guilds will earn influence and use this to unlock a skill tree of abilities to help the whole guild.
    • Guilds can own and upgrade “keeps” in WvWvW.
    • Influence can be used to unlock guild goodies, such as a flag to give an xp bonus.
    • Guild halls will be added along with player housing at some point after the game is launched
    Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SuperWristBands

So down for this!

Guild Wars was my first real PC game, I started with Factions back in 06 after a friend kept badgering me to play this awesome game with him. Well he kept showing me material for the game and then mentioned "Ninjas". My 16-year-old self was sold instantly. I've played through all the campaigns with multiple characters, except for Prophecies, I only played through that once. I was also the kinda guy who played mostly by myself and, for me, this was the biggest draw. It felt like an MMO, but I could play alone... not that I wasn't up for group play. It just let me play the game at my own pace.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Totally down with this. A bit early, if you ask me, to start worrying about a guild since there's no release date but hey: failing to plan is planning to fail.

Read that in a book once.

roninenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By roninenix

I'm down for this. Majority of my friends have stopped playing games like these so I was going to start GW2 alone. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for this thread.

Riddell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Riddell

Sign me up. I left my Guild Wars 1 guild a few years ago so I'm definitely looking for a new bunch of dudes to play with. Any idea for names?

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RobbieMac

Well if anyone has ideas for names be my guest, I know for sure that the abbreviation (2-4 letter thing) will be GB.  Though it would be great if it was giant bomb related, like "The Followers of Luchadeer"  that was just an example, lol.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By zyn

yo I'm interested.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Lincoln Force
    Luchadeers
    Space Neon Lobsters
    Duders
    Deadly Premonition

There are soooo many to choose from. Giant Bomb is like an epic name factory or something lol.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RobbieMac
    @PrimeSynergy said:
    " Lincoln Force Luchadeers Space Neon Lobsters Duders Deadly Premonition  There are soooo many to choose from. Giant Bomb is like an epic name factory or something lol. "
    I completely forgot about Space Neon Lobsters!  Haha!

Okay well we will consider this the thread for all things dealing with the guild, for now people can suggest guild names and we can eventually have a vote.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I'm definitely interested in joining, I spent most of my time going solo in the first game but I really like how they've set out to make the grouping experience much less painful in GW2 and you seem to get some real benefits for doing so.  It also helps that each of your characters can join a separate guild  :)

plague102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By plague102

sounds good to me... guild wars 1 was always more fun with friends

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By beej

I'm down, also I'm pretty sure we should be Lincoln force. 

eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By eldiax

Hell yeah!

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By coaxmetal

Cool, was thinking of getting this game, though I never played the first one. I will probably join GoonSquad instead though.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By phrosnite

Sure, why not... but I'm kind of doubtful that GW2 will come out in 2011... Anyways, I'm in.

Edit:
    I started playing GW in October 2007 and played it for 3 months(600hours). I spent most of the time(400hours) playing the PvP modes. My best characters were an Assassin and a Lighting mage. My skill builds were very good and if I remember correctly my most consecutive wins in Team Arena with random people was 20 wins... Oh, I had Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall... I never bought GWEN.

I hope Arenanet doesn't screw up the PvP since they are trying to make the PvE in GW2 better than GW1.

ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By ZoomyRamen

I'm in, just an idea for the name, Horse meet Rider?

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JoelTGM

im in!

Chylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chylo

I'd consider it, but if you notice my post count I don't visit the GB forums much (find me on Tested).  
    I played the GW1 beta weekends (Gwen killed us all with Firestorm during one of them!), bought the game upon release (To this day, I regret not purchasing the Prophecies CE for the Divine Aura), and played it actively for about 3 years. I actually logged on a couple months ago to find my longtime guild leader back playing, but he's unsure about GW2, so we'll see. 

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#19  Edited By tearhead

I am 100% in! Played GW1 since 2005 and stopped sometime during 2008. I've logged over 1000 hours.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RobbieMac
    @Evelgest said:
    " I'd consider it, but if you notice my post count I don't visit the GB forums much (find me on Tested).  I played the GW1 beta weekends (Gwen killed us all with Firestorm during one of them!), bought the game upon release (To this day, I regret not purchasing the Prophecies CE for the Divine Aura), and played it actively for about 3 years. I actually logged on a couple months ago to find my longtime guild leader back playing, but he's unsure about GW2, so we'll see.  "
    Well it would be a reason to visit the GB forums a bit more, right?  I went a head and put you on the list for now, but if you do end up deciding to join us you would be accepted with open arms.  If you don't well....  I guess we would be okay with it :P
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Hey, if we're taking GW1 playtime into account.. 

No Caption Provided
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Im not too sure I want to get GW2 now, I spent a good 5000 hours on the first one, thats all I need is another mmo addiction. But if I do(which I probably will) Im down for it.
    Riddell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Riddell

You can fill out my blurb: 

Started playing in January 2006. Stopped playing seriously Summer 2009 however I've been getting back into it recently to try and get my HoM filled out. Guild Wars is easily one of my favorite (and most played) games of all time and primarily play PVE. My GW1 main character is Achilles Zeno if anyone wants to add me. 

P.S. Space Neon Lobsters would get my vote for a Guild Name. 

P.P.S. Props to the OP for a well structured thread.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Brians

I'm down when it comes out 
    Briguile will most likely be my characters name in Guild Wars 2

Avatar image for deactivated-608a5477560df
    deactivated-608a5477560df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in! Gonna be picking this up day 1. Anime is for Jerks is my contribution for guild names, though I'm in love with Lincoln Force

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zyn

If we're going to add previous Guild Wars experience:

No Caption Provided

I'm going to be making each race and class, but will be playing a Human Elementalist as my main.  I don't have a name for her/him yet, but will post it here when I've decided.
    RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RobbieMac
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " Hey, if we're taking GW1 playtime into account.. 
    No Caption Provided
    "
    @zyn said:
    " If we're going to add previous Guild Wars experience:

No Caption Provided
      I'm going to be making each race and class, but will be playing a Human Elementalist as my main.  I don't have a name for her/him yet, but will post it here when I've decided. "
    It is up to you guys, if you want me to include the amount of time you docked in GW1 I can include that in your blurb.  Just let me know.
    zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By zyn
    @RobbieMac: 

Knowing that Guild Wars 2 is a brand new game (new mechanics), having previous GW experience isn't a big deal.
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @RobbieMac: Sure, go ahead.
    RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RobbieMac

For anyone that has said they will join or wants to whenever you have some time just write a little bit about you and your experience with Guild Wars (ex. is mine of original post).  If you haven't played GW1 then feel free to include why you want to play GW2 or other MMO's you played and why you are choosing GW2.

Vitius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vitius

I would be happy to join a GB guild. I bought the first guild wars the day before the servers went live and tried to run it on my 500mhz computer. Those were the days.
    I regret never being part of an active guild in the first game and I plan on playing this one a bunch so sign me up!

plague102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By plague102

alright lets see, I started playing guild wars back when it released in 2005 and played it for about a year after which I just got tired of playing/my friends stopped as well so no one was really left in the game for me.  I picked up the triple pack from steam when it was on sale last summer and played for a little bit before again I stopped after after hitting the level cap and getting top gear.  

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By zyn
    @RobbieMac said:
    " For anyone that has said they will join or wants to whenever you have some time just write a little bit about you and your experience with Guild Wars (ex. is mine of original post).  If you haven't played GW1 then feel free to include why you want to play GW2 or other MMO's you played and why you are choosing GW2. "
    I started playing GW in June 2005.  The "no subscription fee" got my attention.  Since then, I've completed all campaigns.  I stopped playing after completing Eye of the North in 2007.  Why play GW2?  I enjoyed the first game and like what ArenaNet are doing with the second game.  I did play WoW but it's boring now.  I rarely play GW these days though.
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#34  Edited By fox01313

I'm in, whilie I liked the first one there's been so much hype of this new thing & other new fiddlybit for the sequel I'm not sure, only one way to find out is to try it out for myself so count me in.  

BTW Once a name is picked I have photoshop on this pc so I can work on the banner.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By mikemcn

Don't know that i'll buy GW2, but I support Horse meet Rider for guild name, it just makes sense.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MikkaQ

I'm down for this! I actually kinda hope this comes out around the end of the year if anything this year, simply because I want to save my cash for a new gaming PC. Skyrim, GW2, Battlefield 3, all very compelling reasons to upgrade this year.  

I played a lot of Factions when that was new, that was the asian themed one. I had a lot of fun with that, especially since I was in a very very small (like 5 members) but very wealthy guild run by childhood friends of mine. But they moved onto Nightfall, and I didn't bother getting it, then they bored of Nightfall, and the whole guild disbanded. That's basically when I stopped. The game's no good without a guild.  
    I tended to play Mesmer/Warriors, so I hope the mesmers kick as much ass as they did before. I loved the idea of having enemies hurting themselves when they attack and messing with their use of magic as well. I don't play a lot of MMOs, so I don't know if that's a common style of class, but I had a great time. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I love Guild Wars and man I would like to get back into it. 

I'll make a new account ASAP and edit this post. 

***Wait is this for Guild Wars 1 or 2?***

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Demyx

Definitely buying Guild Wars 2. But, I've never played the first so yeah. But I'm excited anyway.

@Bucketdeth said:

" I love Guild Wars and man I would like to get back into it.  I'll make a new account ASAP and edit this post.  ***Wait is this for Guild Wars 1 or 2?*** "
    Guild Wars 2.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Demyx said:
    " Definitely buying Guild Wars 2. But, I've never played the first so yeah. But I'm excited anyway.

@Bucketdeth said:
    " I love Guild Wars and man I would like to get back into it.  I'll make a new account ASAP and edit this post.  ***Wait is this for Guild Wars 1 or 2?*** "
    Guild Wars 2. "
    Well we are going to be waiting a while, I'm still in though. 
    darkwingduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By darkwingduck

count me in too! 
    played  around 500 hours of the first one (mostly pve  , but i also got my fair share of team-arena wins) 

RadixNegative2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RadixNegative2

I'm definitely in.
    Does anyone know if they have talked about a target release date and if so when that is?

Riddell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Riddell
    @ashkanhoss29 said:
    " I'm definitely in. Does anyone know if they have talked about a target release date and if so when that is? "
    A shareholder release schedule had GW2 penciled in for the tail end of 2011, but I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped to Q1 2012.
    tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#43  Edited By tearhead

For the record, Horse meet Rider (HmR) is an excellent name for our Guild.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Azteck

I've never played Guild Wars, but I intend to buy the sequel so I'll get in on some of this when the time comes. 

Oh and Lincoln Force is the best out of the names imo

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RobbieMac

Okay so I have decided that I will make a poll friday or saturday this week in regards to the Guild name.  It appears most people already have a preference from the list we have, so if anyone else wants to add to the list before hand go a head.  

A lot of people have joined in only the few days the thread has been up, but that number is sure to rise even more when alpha/beta versions become available and as the release date approaches.  So I sort of wanted to reward those that joined early to have a say in something pretty significant.

CaptainTryHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CaptainTryHard

Count me in d00der

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By meteora

I'm in for sure~

Riddell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Riddell

Another suggestion for Guild name: The Wizards (or some variation of the "I'm a wizard" meme)

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'm definitely in.  (I hope this post gets seen! page 3...)  
    (ed: wow, I really went TMI on this one) 

About me: 
    I'm 22, Australian (living in Sydney),  and am a student (until the end of 2011).  As for GB, I'm a gold member and have been following the site since it was unnamed and running off Ryan's Arrow Pointing Down blog. : )

Guild Wars Background:
    I played Guild Wars since 2005, my oldest character is 5 years old (warrior / necro - well, at least he started that way). Initially, I just played PvE, until one of my guild mates intro'd me to PvP... Man. In short, I played consistently for the first 3 of those 5 years, and in that time, I finished all the campaigns twice (once with a camp-specific character and once with my main), but that only really accounts for about 300 hours of my 1750 hours of play. The other 1450 hours was PvP. Our guild, which was mainly a bunch of blokes from highschool (it disbanded in 2009 - hence my only having played a lot during the first 3 years of my account), held GvG ranks at around the 250-500 mark, depending on season. Our longest Team Arenas run was approx 50 consec (before servers opened up to being international - at which point the constant shifts in meta owned us), and at that point our longest run was about 12. My longest RA run after 4v4 PvP going international was 23 (me playing rit vengeful weapon healer). 

I have been Officer, Guild Leader and a signficiant player in the Alliance PvP organisational team over those 3 years of play - but am fine with being just another member. 

In PvE my preferred classes are: 
    Warrior, Elementalist, Ritualist (well, those dont exist anymore...)  - Guardian looks cool, and I'm hoping for some cool new classes to come.

In PvP I can play anything quite well, except for interrupting builds (AUS has about 300ms lag to the best of servers), and monks - but neither is an issue in Guild Wars 2 anyway. 

Anywho, that's all behind me now, and I have not played GW properly for about 2 years-ish - but I can see myself getting hellah into GW2. Plus, we have player-specific guilds now, instead of account specific. So at minimum, one of my character slots will be a member of this guild if you'll have me.  

Ed: Name!
    Oh, and I <3 Lincoln Force from the list, but my fav is "I am a Wizard" , as suggested by Riddell

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RobbieMac
    @selfconfessedcynic said:
    " I'm definitely in.  (I hope this post gets seen! page 3...)  
    (ed: wow, I really went TMI on this one) 

About me: 
    I'm 22, Australian (living in Sydney),  and am a student (until the end of 2011).  As for GB, I'm a gold member and have been following the site since it was unnamed and running off Ryan's Arrow Pointing Down blog. : )

Guild Wars Background:
    I played Guild Wars since 2005, my oldest character is 5 years old (warrior / necro - well, at least he started that way). Initially, I just played PvE, until one of my guild mates intro'd me to PvP... Man. In short, I played consistently for the first 3 of those 5 years, and in that time, I finished all the campaigns twice (once with a camp-specific character and once with my main), but that only really accounts for about 300 hours of my 1750 hours of play. The other 1450 hours was PvP. Our guild, which was mainly a bunch of blokes from highschool (it disbanded in 2009 - hence my only having played a lot during the first 3 years of my account), held GvG ranks at around the 250-500 mark, depending on season. Our longest Team Arenas run was approx 50 consec (before servers opened up to being international - at which point the constant shifts in meta owned us), and at that point our longest run was about 12. My longest RA run after 4v4 PvP going international was 23 (me playing rit vengeful weapon healer). 

I have been Officer, Guild Leader and a signficiant player in the Alliance PvP organisational team over those 3 years of play - but am fine with being just another member. 

In PvE my preferred classes are: 
    Warrior, Elementalist, Ritualist (well, those dont exist anymore...)  - Guardian looks cool, and I'm hoping for some cool new classes to come.

In PvP I can play anything quite well, except for interrupting builds (AUS has about 300ms lag to the best of servers), and monks - but neither is an issue in Guild Wars 2 anyway. 

Anywho, that's all behind me now, and I have not played GW properly for about 2 years-ish - but I can see myself getting hellah into GW2. Plus, we have player-specific guilds now, instead of account specific. So at minimum, one of my character slots will be a member of this guild if you'll have me.  

Ed: Name!Oh, and I <3 Lincoln Force from the list, but my fav is "I am a Wizard" , as suggested by Riddell "
    Love it, there is no such thing as overboard to me.  Can't wait when we all can start playing together, also I added Riddell's suggestion along with some others that I thought of and another I forgot to add.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.