Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

GW2 Withdrawal - what are you playing to fill the hole?

• 72 results
    Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

After having so much fun this weekend (somehow even more than last time), I'm suffering from some serious GW2 withdrawal. I'll bet that others are having the same problem.

To fill the hole, I think I'll be playing "get off your ass and find a new job" along with a smattering of iPad/DS games and Assassins Creed 2-3 in prep for 3 later this year.

What will you be doing between now and the next beta?

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By shirogane

Assassins Creed 2-3? You mean Revelations?

I kinda burned out during the beta, but i now have nothing to do now that it's over. Been trying to get Dragon's Dogma, went to a store to buy it, they didn't have stock. FIgured i'd just order it online, but the online store, which had it in stock this morning, was out of stock too by the time i got home. Someone is screwing with me!

Grome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Grome

I dont know what i will be playing. Anybody still play guildwars 1? I think i might try more of the hall of monuments stuff. I havent played in years haha!

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bunnymud

Diablo 3 and Lollipop Chainsaw when it comes out

Edit: Actually, taking the 30/30 lessons from Dubspot

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Maystack

I played a lot of the original GW after the last BWE, but now all I need is one more minipet to get to 30 HoM points. There's no way I'm going to be able to get to 50.

As for games I'm playing, I think I'm gonna do a lot of Skyrim and complete Skyward Sword & Binary Domain. By the time that's done, the steam summer sale will hopefully have started, so I can snatch up some cheap games that I've missed over the past year.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I really liked it, though the game becomes significantly less fun after you finish your personal story. After that I was just fucking around, completed the entire starting area for the Norn with my Charr Guardian. The last thing I did was kind of awesome, though, we cleared the underwater Flame Legion temple with a bunch of randoms. It definitely made me look forward to other dungeons. I don't how interested I'll be if they wipe characters for the next BWE.

I'll be playing absolutely nothing for the foreseeable future.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Seppli

I was on the second to last mission of the Dawn of War Winter Assault Chaos campaign when the second GW2 BWE started. I had a hard time turning away from Warhammer 40k, and go play GW2. Luckily - I fell in love with it all over again and all was good. I am extremely giddy to get back to Dawn of War though. I still got Dark Crusade, Soulstorm, DoW2 & Addons waiting for me. Looking forward to 40 000 years of war so much!

Also - I'll be playing ACII Brotherhood & Revelations to break things up between DoW games. Not as in love with the ACII games, but they're great games nonetheless.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

I'm going to try to muster the will to beat Brütal Legend. That game really starts to drag in the middle, but damn it I'm a completionist. After that, Dirt 3 and... ugh... I just picked up Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Maybe I can play that game with my eyes and ears taped shut.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Bollard

@selfconfessedcynic: I HAVE NOTHING. HELP ME.

Heck I shouldn't have even been playing GW2 because of exams. But revision can fill the void, right? Right!? BUT I WANT GUILD WARS

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By UssjTrunks

Nothing really interests me right now. Waiting for CS GO, but that's still another 2.5 months away.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Maystack

Playing Skyrim has only made me crave GW2 more. I've been messing up all the controls, because I played so much of it this weekend.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Subjugation

Might go back to D3 because I hate myself and want to break my mouse/monitor. More than likely just some BF3. The only thing I really want to play is just more GW2 though.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Akrid

The BF3 DLC tomorrow should keep me satisfied for a bit. Other then that, Arma?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Seppli

Earlier today I kicked some Necron ass in the final Winter Assault mission. Like a Boss! Blood for the Blood God!

On that note. I just installed AC2 Brotherhood. More Blood for the Blood God!

@Akrid said:

The BF3 DLC tomorrow should keep me satisfied for a bit. Other then that, Arma?

Looking forward to getting my Battlefield Premium Code-in-a-Box. I always feel like I should give BF3 another serious go, but since I stopped playing it for the release of SW:TOR, I've a hard time getting back into it. Everytime I go back in, there's just too much I dislike about the nitty gritty of BF3. Hoping one of the content upgrades is gonna change that.

Maybe I should just risk and install the FX-injector, to somewhat change that horrid overblown lighting and get some color back in the world.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By RobbieMac

BF3 and as always Gears of War 3.

@Subjugation: BF3 party?

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

I just realized I could have made a "fill the hole" joke. Shit.

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Redsox44

So the game's not actually coming out on the 26th of this month like Gamestop says right? If so I'll pre-order it but otherwise I'd rather just wait till final release than play the beta and I'll buy Premium for BF3.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Chavtheworld: Hahaha - well, I didn't see you on much during the weekend, so I assume you got SOMETHING done. GL with the exams duder.

@Subjugation: No! Don't do eeeet!

Man, I forgot about D3 after that weekend. I'm so happy I uninstallled it, because an echo of the urge came back for a moment there. Anyway - after playing the two games back to back, I can safely say that GW2 reaffirmed my newly developed distaste for a lot of the mechanics in D3 (especially the play-with-friends friendly down scaling of high level characters compared to the power fantasy of D3).

@Dark_Lord_Spam: shhhhhhh

@Redsox44: My best guess remains November - especially since they haven't even let us play two of the races yet or any dungeons but the one.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Maystack

@Redsox44: It's starting to look less and less likely. I'm still holding out hope though!

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By No0b0rAmA

Operation Arrowhead, what else?

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably play some DayZ and get further in Assassin's Creed Revelations. I've been thinking about buying the Guild Wars Trilogy Pack on Steam, but I might have to hold off on that since I have to pay a couple hundred dollars to get my drivers license reinstated. Maybe I'll play some Champions Online too.

RekIvan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RekIvan

Deus ex : Human Revolution. Its a complete breath of the same air that is Deus ex.

Elitespy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Elitespy

By Saturday afternoon I felt burnt out a little. Then I went into WvW and never left. I had so much fun in WvW that I can't wait till this game comes out. Lot's of cool stories you can tell from just playing WvW.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Seppli
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By scarace360

Been trying to fill it with another mmo but dont know what one.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Subjugation

@Elitespy said:

By Saturday afternoon I felt burnt out a little. Then I went into WvW and never left. I had so much fun in WvW that I can't wait till this game comes out. Lot's of cool stories you can tell from just playing WvW.

Isn't that the truth. Just from the first two days alone, Lincoln Force has some pretty epic WvW tales to share. We were pretty much:

No Caption Provided
    dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dillonwerner
    No Caption Provided

So ready for Gods and Kings

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By UssjTrunks

@selfconfessedcynic said:

My best guess remains November - especially since they haven't even let us play two of the races yet or any dungeons but the one.

I hope not. If they're releasing it around that time, might as well wait for the holiday season. More sales, and I won't have exams then.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bollard

@selfconfessedcynic: Thanks! Got one today :O

Grome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Grome

I have been playing bioshock.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Maystack

@Chavtheworld: Good luck duder. The answer to the fourth question is Winston Churchill.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By uhtaree

Man this game sounds fun, I knew I shoulda preordered. I'd rather have loved and lost the beta then never loved at all.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@braveortega: Hah - I have to say, the pre-purchase has already paid off. I think I'm at about 70 hours total played, and the game isn't even out yet.

Still, being a sceptic when it comes to release dates, I recommend taking the jump now rather than missing the next 4 betas (assuming you don't have to lose and arm and a leg to do so).

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By UssjTrunks

@braveortega said:

Man this game sounds fun, I knew I shoulda preordered. I'd rather have loved and lost the beta then never loved at all.

If you pre-order, make sure it's from Amazon or Gamestop/EB Games. They are the only retailers that are authorized to give out beta access with pre-orders. If you're going to pre-purchase, then it doesn't matter from where you get it (just make sure it's an authorized retailer), they all give you beta access.

There is going to be at least one more beta, so you don't have anything to lose.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bollard

@Maystack: Ah was it? Damn, I put 10000000 01111 :P

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Giefcookie

This is getting serious, I never played the original but now I'm eyeing the Trilogy pack on steam, the summer sale is just around the corner.. This could end poorly.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Funkydupe

There's a Secret World Beta weekend coming up this weekend so I'll be there :)

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@Giefcookie: If you get the three campaigns, be sure to get the Eye of the North expansion with it so you can get some cool skins in GW2.

Nintendude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By Nintendude

@Dark_Lord_Spam: I never bought Factions but I have the other 3. I'm good since I have EotN, right?

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@Nintendude: As long as you reach the Hall of Monuments, any accomplishments you display there will count towards your GW2 rewards. Factions does have some of the easiest titles to max, though, so you may or may not want to get it depending on how invested you are in skins and trinkets.

Plugging a character name in here is an easy way to tell if your HoM points are being counted yet.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing Champions Online a bit. Guys, my character is doing the Running Man IN THE SKY!

GiantBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GiantBomber

Re-entered the world of Aion Ascension, that was a mistake.

Kreindis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kreindis

@selfconfessedcynic said:

After having so much fun this weekend (somehow even more than last time), I'm suffering from some serious GW2 withdrawal. I'll bet that others are having the same problem.

To fill the hole, I think I'll be playing "get off your ass and find a new job" along with a smattering of iPad/DS games and Assassins Creed 2-3 in prep for 3 later this year.

What will you be doing between now and the next beta?

I'm playing the new job game too, after getting rejected out of the army due to having eczema, I decided I wanted to try and see if video game streaming can be a job which I just started working on a week ago, and now since I've decided to take it more seriously I'm trying to advertise somehow.

announakis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By announakis

I just finished Borderlands with the siren and the hunter...had a lot of fun but I am already over the game without reaching over level 36...Considering that I cannot expose myself to the risk of redevelopping an addiction to dark souls before the new DLC (damm! it comes out at the same time as GW2! this looks like a conspiracy to me !), I decided to get it easy and play the new Skyrim DLC....but as I am totally masochist, I started a new character....but I am having fun so far....although the loading screens man...the freaking loading screens on Xbox...arggggg......

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By TheHT

Phantasy Star Online 2, Skyrim, Playstation Plus games, and frankly whatever else I can play to keep myself entertained and not thinking about GW2.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Maystack

At the moment it's a mix of la noire, spider man and tf2. Theatrythm is on it's way too.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Benny

Playing a fast paced modern game called Final Fantasy Tactics. I never played it originally and just got the PSP version for next to nothing. The game still holds up extremely well considering it came out in 1997, there's a ton of depth, lots of loot, IMO it's quite difficult too so a good game to sink your teeth into. I'm also working on putting together a list of some GW2 pvp guides and videos people might find helpful. Expect to see that soon!

Adaurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Adaurin

Finally playing through Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations thanks to a nice Steam Bundle Sale. Damn Assassin's Creed 1 for being bad enough to turn me off of the series for so long, the later games are so much better.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Firefall.

Making music.

DoomInnaBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DoomInnaBox

Playing some Secret World to fill in until then. Was skeptical until I got my hands on it during the open beta weekend and is definitely entertaining enough, but looks like it's going to lack some longevity.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.