Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

How do you make money?

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fetchfox

I've got several mats rounds I know of, especially mature herbs and logs. I'm also 400 in leatherworking, so rare materials to globs or just re-selling also make a nice profit. All goes toward some sweet looking Tier 3 Cultural Armor (Sylvari) (the two in the middle). I almost always list the items for the highest price on the Black Lion Trading Post, and it always sells in the end.

How do you make money? Node/mats/item farming, playing the Black Lion Trading Post?

If anyone wants any tips, I'm willing to help. I've developed several routes and routines based on other peoples work combined with my own personal experience. Also check GW2 Riches, a legitimate gold making tips website (the current admin is stepping down atm., but the site will stay up). It's not cheating, it only helps you maximize your income timewise.

jesterroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jesterroyal

High magic find and doing events in orr. usually get a rare or two. If they are worth more than an ecto, i sell them. If they aren't i like to test my luck and salvage for an ecto.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Turambar

I don't have much time to play atm, so I've just been farming Jormag's Claw on a regular basis. I usually get one of the frost stones every 2 or 3 runs, while sell for 70 silver or so.

pay928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pay928
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By mazik765

Selling my body.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I rarely buy anything because, just like in real life, I'm tight fisted with my cash.

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Deathshroud

I have been trying to figure out how to get money also . but I am only like lvl 20

Farley_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Farley_Lives

Running Dungeons in explore mode. Getting good at one will get you far.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fetchfox

@jesterroyal: This. I'm soon 400 in cooking great for magic find. @Deathshroud: Check out some of of GW2 riches older posts, a lot of useful information and tips.

Avatar image for halcyontwilight
    halcyontwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By halcyontwilight

I've made a good amount of money doing WvW with a BOMB group, and of course running explorables with a good group will get you a decent amount of money as well. A gold here and there doing various things all add up.

While karma grinding in Cursed Shore, I've also discovered that doing certain dynamic event chains are great for farming rares and money (from vendoring useless items). There are diminishing returns of course, but I've made 5 gold and gotten 9 rares in approximately 4 hours of farming the Explorer Plinx event chain and other events in the intermediate area.

TTMSHU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TTMSHU

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.