Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Online game until Guild Wars 2 launch?:)

• 81 results
    Selona83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Selona83

@Mister_V: I got my Firefall key a few days ago. THOU...the game is broken as all hell atm. As you can read on their forum, a lot of players, including me cant even continue to play due to some problem. It is beta of course. And they just changes most of the game as I understood it.

So its understandable :)

Just thought you should know

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By llamaegg

Installing firefall as we speak, but considering I've only put in 6 hours into Darksiders II so far, well, not sure how much time I'll have to devote to it. And god knows at the rate I'm going it'll be a good 20+ hours before I beat the damn thing!

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Mister_V

I only played firefall for a few mins last night but it seemed okay?

Oh, Jump pad griefing.

Selona83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Selona83

Yeah they seem to have fixed a few of the glaring issues they had when I played. Trust me. It was a LOT:)

Jopiri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Jopiri

Picked up Sleeping Dogs for PC and also playing MechWarrior Online, which is OK but needs more customization.

New_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By New_Mandalore

I actually started up Guild Wars because I forgot I had randomly bought all 3 campaigns + EoTN a long time ago and never played. I'm playing through the Factions campaign because I heard that's the quickest to get through, then I may try to unlock some HoM stuff for my GW2 account.

If anyone is still logging into Guild Wars, please, PLEASE, whipser/add me because I don't know ANYONE in GW and I'm pretty clueless since I haven't played it since the beta weekend events of GW. My name is "Tunoku Taylorian" in it.

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By llamaegg

@Jopiri said:

Picked up Sleeping Dogs for PC and also playing MechWarrior Online, which is OK but needs more customization.

Personally I think that MWO is pretty freaking great.

Silvergun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Silvergun

@llamaegg said:

@Jopiri said:

Does is have the Marauder in it? Because I am going to be really excited if it has the Marauder in it.

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By llamaegg

@Silvergun said:

@llamaegg said:

@Jopiri said:

Does is have the Marauder in it? Because I am going to be really excited if it has the Marauder in it.

Honestly not sure if it's in their or not, I haven't really thrown that many hours into it regardless of loving the damn thing (and being super pumped that mech games are becoming a thing again). The few hours I have put into it was mostly me running around in a Jenny, as no one expects the Jenny.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By IamTerics

I honestly haven't been playing games much. The wait for release is just unbearable. I'm a little over 8 hours in La Mulana and now I've gotten stuck. There is a LOT in that game. Its a little daunting when all the areas open up and its somewhat non-linear. Occasionally I dip and dab in Firefall. I think the shooting and movement feel really good and the idea of pushing back the melding sounds great but, there's just not a lot to do and it still has some weird issues like inventory lag and glitchy enemies. That said it does have a lot of promise.

pay928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By pay928

@Mister_V said:

I only played firefall for a few mins last night but it seemed okay? Oh, Jump pad griefing.

Most annoying part of Firefall patch is Tier System limiting the ability to switch battleframe/classes as easy as before. Their in-game menus have been lagging a lot since big patch as well.

Have also been playing Raiderz, Civ V, Blacklight Retribution, and Smite

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#62  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@New_Mandalore said:

I actually started up Guild Wars because I forgot I had randomly bought all 3 campaigns + EoTN a long time ago and never played. I'm playing through the Factions campaign because I heard that's the quickest to get through, then I may try to unlock some HoM stuff for my GW2 account.

If anyone is still logging into Guild Wars, please, PLEASE, whipser/add me because I don't know ANYONE in GW and I'm pretty clueless since I haven't played it since the beta weekend events of GW. My name is "Tunoku Taylorian" in it.

I'd be glad to help! My IGN is Angelic Vampyre, so just look for that invite and send me a PM here if you need help with something super difficult and I'm not in-game.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I am now listening to this on a constant loop until release.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#64  Edited By Bollard

I just got into an online beta for a F2P game I can't name, so I'mma play a load of that up till release!

Tarkhein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Tarkhein

@WinterSnowblind said:

I am now listening to this on a constant loop until release.

Listen to THIS!

New_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By New_Mandalore

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@New_Mandalore said:

I'd be glad to help! My IGN is Angelic Vampyre, so just look for that invite and send me a PM here if you need help with something super difficult and I'm not in-game.

Rad. I'll add you and whisper if I see you online. I"m still just a little lowbie, trying to get to 10 real quick so I can access the HoM (still no idea where it is, but hopefully it will lead me to it).

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Benny

@New_Mandalore: The HoM is part of the EotN expansion. You wont be able to add anything to your HoM because it requires you complete some quests that are level 20. I'd recommend you complete your first campaign (And I'd recommend doing Nightfall first to get access to heroes, and perhaps choose a ritualist or a dervish because they're extremely useful) before heading into the EoTN stuff.

There's a pretty good guide here http://www.giantbomb.com/guides/getting-3050-hall-of-monument-points/2270/

You might be able to get 10 points or so in the HoM in a few days if you power through. It took me roughly 170 hours to get 30/50 (here's my HoM,) but god damn I really did enjoy it. It was pretty much a whirlwind tour of the game.

Tarkhein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Tarkhein

@New_Mandalore said:

Rad. I'll add you and whisper if I see you online. I"m still just a little lowbie, trying to get to 10 real quick so I can access the HoM (still no idea where it is, but hopefully it will lead me to it).

You can't miss it, it's a tower in the middle of a frozen lake. The primary quest will also direct you there.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@New_Mandalore said:

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@New_Mandalore said:

Like Benny says, access to the HoM is provided through EotN. You should get a notification about a primary quest to transfer you to the expansion region when you get to Kaineng Center.

New_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By New_Mandalore

Good stuff. I'll take a gander at that guide. I did start Factions because I heard it's the quickest campaign to 20. Could be wrong or just opinion though I guess. Started as a Rit but switch to Assassin. Don't really feel like starting over. If I can't get a ton of points it's no biggie, because I'm still enjoying GW as something to play before GW2, simply for the solo experience with henchmen.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Benny

@New_Mandalore: It gets really awesome when you get Heroes, they're basically henchmen but you can alter their stats, secondary profession and their skills to customize them however you want, meaning you can copy the 7 hero builds peop0le post online that allow you to steamroll the majority of the missions in the game. You get a couple of heroes by starting the EotN campaign (a monk & elementalist) that might be worth doing at level 10 because you should be able to acquire them without too much trouble.

Edit: There's totally an event in GW1 right now that rewards a tormented weapon for completing four quests which will run until August 30th. All PVE mobs in the game drop a token that can be traded for spammable sweets & drinks too. Wayfarer's Reverie.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Maystack

@Benny: Oh sweet man, thanks for that. I don't check guild wars as much as I used to so I probably would have missed out on that. And a tormented weapon will help me get the last point to 30.

New_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By New_Mandalore

@Benny said:

@New_Mandalore: It gets really awesome when you get Heroes, they're basically henchmen but you can alter their stats, secondary profession and their skills to customize them however you want, meaning you can copy the 7 hero builds peop0le post online that allow you to steamroll the majority of the missions in the game. You get a couple of heroes by starting the EotN campaign (a monk & elementalist) that might be worth doing at level 10 because you should be able to acquire them without too much trouble.

Edit: There's totally an event in GW1 right now that rewards a tormented weapon for completing four quests which will run until August 30th. All PVE mobs in the game drop a token that can be traded for spammable sweets & drinks too. Wayfarer's Reverie.

Awesome. I'm about to hit 10, is there a streamlined way to go to the EoTN stuff or will I have to look that up in a wiki somewhere? This game seems super cryptic and oldschool in the way that nothing is explained in-game...maybe it's just because I'm going in fresh (pretty much) after like 7+ years of being released, so it seems bloated to someone new. I kind of like that though, just clashes with my "need to hurry and play this before gw2 launches in 7 days!" logic.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@New_Mandalore: Factions is the quickest campaign to level in and complete, but it also has the second least available HoM points. You can get to EotN (if you're level 10) through the major city of any campaign (Lion's Arch, Kaineng Center, Kamadan) by finding the NPC with the appropriate quest.

New_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By New_Mandalore

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

@New_Mandalore: Factions is the quickest campaign to level in and complete, but it also has the second least available HoM points. You can get to EotN (if you're level 10) through the major city of any campaign (Lion's Arch, Kaineng Center, Kamadan) by finding the NPC with the appropriate quest.

Gotcha. And to complete the other campaigns requires a new character right (you can't transfer between campaigns at lvl 20, I'm assuming)?

I'll probably tough it out with my Assassin (I find it fun and like how they look). Maybe I'll look up a build, I probably have a really bad one right now.

Tarkhein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Tarkhein

@New_Mandalore said:

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

Gotcha. And to complete the other campaigns requires a new character right (you can't transfer between campaigns at lvl 20, I'm assuming)?

I'll probably tough it out with my Assassin (I find it fun and like how they look). Maybe I'll look up a build, I probably have a really bad one right now.

You can unlock continent travel by taking a quest.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Maystack

@New_Mandalore: You can transfer to other campaigns with the same character. You get titles for doing certain activities in all three regions.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm currently downloading the World of Warcraft trial thing. I have no idea why.

deox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By deox

I haven't really been playing anything online, I've started getting into some indie games. I still haven't touched a lot of the games I purchased as part of those Indie Bundles from the Steam Summer Sale. Some of them are pretty neat, and they are filling my time nicely until launch.

Malaiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Malaiki

just about to give the Tera 7 day free trial a go...

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Class_A_Ninja said:

I'm finishing Borderlands on the PC. I got to level 20 something on the PS3 way back when. Now I'm a 26 soldier and reaching new content. I'm going to try to get through before GW2, though I might not get my shipped copy until the weekend after next.

I've never played this game online. Is it worth braving the gamespy account it looks like it might require?

I haven't had any problems with it, granted, all I did was get a gamespy account. I haven't tried to connect to anyone else online yet. It's super quick to do (getting a gamespy account).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.