Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

This is just idiotic

• 55 results
    Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Rohok

So arena.net locks down purchases on their website, so I head over to Gamestop to pick myself up a copy, I pre-purchase and everything to get the 3 day headstart- don't even give a fuck about beta- and apparently nobody is handing out 3 day headstart codes anymore because of whatever moronic reason.

Looks like I won't be buying Guild Wars 2, full refund here I come. 1 day headstart code isn't even worth a pre-purchase.

Not to mention this isn't announced ANYWHERE that anyone looks regularly, if anywhere at all, so you throw down a shit load of money and waste your time and gas getting to the store to get it, and then you find out they're not doing it anymore.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

Seems like a logical reason to not buy a game.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rohok

It's a logical reason to wait until the price comes down. 64.79 is way too many dollars to be dicking about with.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Sambambo

As someone who is likely to end up playing Guild Wars 2, I am glad that I shall not meet you there.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Wow guys, dickmode engaged? Holy hell.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sambambo

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Wow guys, dickmode engaged? Holy hell.

I know what you mean, Rohok did go over the top didn't he.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rohok

I'm sorry, I take the time to research my game, take my time to buy it, wait until my friends can give me a critique on it, and then when I finally do go to lay down 64 dollars to pre-purchase I find out they're no longer giving out any of the bonuses for pre-purchasing?

I have a right to be angry over this. 64 dollars is a LOT of money. You know how many hours it takes to earn that much? No, probably not because none of you are old enough to work yet.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Maybe play the game when it comes out instead of three days earlier?

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rohok

It's the idea that they're not giving me what's advertised. I'll wait until the game is 30 dollars instead of paying 64 outright for bonuses they failed to inform me are discontinued.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By TentPole

I am really excited for Darksiders 2 but if I can't play it 3 days early then FUCK that game. It doesn't matter how excited I am if I can't play it early then it is a shit game and not worth playing at all. Stupid Darksiders.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I started GW1 a whole year after release, and it didn't spoil my fun. I'm buying the bog standard regular edition when it is released, no qualms there.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crazyleaves
    @Rohok

I'm sorry, I take the time to research my game, take my time to buy it, wait until my friends can give me a critique on it, and then when I finally do go to lay down 64 dollars to pre-purchase I find out they're no longer giving out any of the bonuses for pre-purchasing?

I have a right to be angry over this. 64 dollars is a LOT of money. You know how many hours it takes to earn that much? No, probably not because none of you are old enough to work yet.

My wife works about 3 hours to make that.
    Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dezztroy
    @Rohok: You clearly didn't take the time to research it enough if you were too lazy to give Gamestop a call and ask them before driving down there.

Also, americans complaining about high prices makes me laugh.
    Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sambambo

@crazyleaves said:

@Rohok

6 hours and you have made it on the minimum wage (in the UK at least), but then you have to factor in taxes...

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Brendan

I am busting a gut laughing right now. Seriously funny thread all around.

fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fullmetal5550
    @Rohok said:

Was there really a need to post about it on here though? So they aren't giving out the 3 day head start anymore. That doesn't really warrant a forum post.
    crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By crazyleaves
    @SuperSambo

@crazyleaves said:

@Rohok

6 hours and you have made it on the minimum wage (in the UK at least)

Just did the math, 2.2 hours worked til GW2 failure, before taxes.
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By Dagbiker

Even if your making minimum wage which is 7.25 then thats like what a days work.

EDIT: Im assuming your American, I mean, you aren't exactly being subtle about it.

Kri0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kri0s

@Rohok: No disrespect but I think if you are raging over something like not being informed ahead of time that you missed out on pre-purchase bonuses b/c as you said ", take my time to buy it, wait until my friends can give me a critique on it, and then when I finally do go to lay down 64 dollars to pre-purchase" you missed out on the bonuses , you may have bigger issues to worry about.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Sooty

@Rohok said:

64 dollars is a LOT of money. You know how many hours it takes to earn that much? No, probably not because none of you are old enough to work yet.

It takes me 4 hours. Get fucked with your generalisations tough guy! ;)

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
    BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BladeOfCreation

So apparently the ability to play this game a full three days early is worth half of the price of the game to the OP. That's fine; we all choose how to spend our own money.

My wife and I are enjoying the beta weekend so far, though, and we are going to be pre-purchasing tomorrow night.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By laserbolts

This was a good one hahah

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By trace

Cool down, people. There's no need to sling personal attacks at one another, even in the midst of what could be perceived as a strange logical gap.

I've deleted a few posts that were blatantly out of line. I'd rather not have to resort to warnings and the such, so I'll just say this and hope you listen: Simmer down, y'all.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jace

@Rohok said:

So your logic was to throw all of that out of the window if you got to play it 4 days sooner? Nice.

BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BladeOfCreation

I'm curious as to whether or not GameStop was ever handing out early access. As far as I can tell, this was only ever offered on the official website.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60061752a57
    deactivated-5e60061752a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha! Video Games!

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Baillie
    @PsEG: GO BACK TO YOUR DUMB RACING GAMES BRO.
    aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28  Edited By aurahack

Fuck, because it's impossible to accomplish shit in three days that would pass the time until a game's release.

arch4non

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By arch4non

Servers aren't as simple to set up as flipping a switch. A lot of people, myself included, are mostly interested in GW2 because of the TERA beta. There were probably more sales than they planned for so they had to temporarily stop selling pre-orders just so the current beta servers wouldn't be completely flooded with players.

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By Xeirus

Not sure what you expect for an MMO at launch time.

But making an ass out of yourself made my day better so thanks I guess.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By FancySoapsMan

That's a dumb reason not to buy a game you want

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

You're better off, I have barely slept since the beta-servers came online. I'm telling you, when I close my eyes to Pink Floyd, I'm seeing female Charr belly-dancers traipsing through a neon-lit hallway.

By the way, I just want to make a point, I came in here, read the first three posts and ignored the rest of it and I'm sure I'm better off for it! But hey, great game.. Really great game, just need to deal with these images. Perhaps there are pills.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By project343

@Rohok: Sigh. The internet is so dramatic sometimes. Wait for this beta event to end and they'll open up the digital pre-purchases. Guarantee it. They just don't want unexpected swaths of players jumping into the fray with unprepared server architecture.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

@Rohok: Everything else aside, I have a minor correction. The 1-day headstart requires only a pre-order, not a full pre-purchase.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Rohok said:

4 hours of work for me. Get fucked.

Avatar image for bigchickendinner
    BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BigChickenDinner

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Rohok said:

I can make more than that in one hour. But hey, who's counting?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@BigChickenDinner said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Rohok said:

Man, you make more than a 20 year old in college? Shit bro. You must be a billionaire.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Grillbar

@Rohok said:

1½ hours after taxes and i pay 42% tax, i dont have a high end job and a xbox/ps3 game cost roughly 101 dollars. stop your raging and bitching.

also amazon gives the codes out.

and if your putting dollar to hours played you pay 60 for a 6-8 hour game you pay 64 for a game that you easily can put 100-200 hours in.

its normal to be able to pre-order something that does not have a release date yet

so dont get so butthurt just because you diddent bother getting informed before you jumped out in to this

no disrespect and stfu with stupid generalizations

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bocam

Wait, so you can't pre-purchase it on the game's website now? Now where am I going to spend this 64 dollars I made in an hour and a half.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By UssjTrunks

Pre-purchase sales on their website are restarting after this BWE.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By imhungry

Yep, I don't work. And as such, I don't actually have an avenue of extra income, and thus would need to starve myself for 2 weeks to save up 64 dollars. That's 14 days. And you're telling me that you earn that in hours? Tell me again how I don't understand the value of money?

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By Vorbis

They have opened more server slots so if you pre-order now you can get onto the head-start events.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Sambambo

@BigChickenDinner said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Rohok said:

Classy

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By subject2change
    @Rohok

About 2 for me. It's not that much to get so upset over an early access thing, it's an mmo unless you are trying to be the first to level up to cap (clearly you can't being you work and all) it's not so major. Pre-order bonuses are bogus and them abandoning it is a good thing.
    time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By time allen

my bro works at arenanet and he said that they saw your post and that they're gonna fix it just for you in like ten minutes

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vikingdeath1

@Brendan: I agree! i'm only sad this isn't longer!

BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BladeOfCreation

@Rohok: To the OP: ArenaNet started offering codes on their website again this morning. As of this post (3:15 PM EST), they are still available.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48  Edited By jakob187

@Rohok said:

I'm sorry, I take the time to research my game..........and then when I finally do go to lay down 64 dollars to pre-purchase I find out they're no longer giving out any of the bonuses for pre-purchasing?

Obviously, you didn't take enough time to research the game, now did you?

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By pw2566ch

I won't be buying Guild Wars for awhile, but I do not understand what you're complaining about. You're going to not purchase the game because you can't play it early? Also because the purchase is locked to their site?

I mean, is this where the mindset of gamers has gone? Everyone swears that if it's not on Steam then it's bullshit. Last time I checked every MMO is locked to their publishers service. World of Warcraft with Battle.net, The Old Republic with Bioware, and Everquest with Sony Online.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#50  Edited By Benny

You can pre-purchase it again now. /thread

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.