Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero: Metallica

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 29, 2009

Guitar Hero: Metallica is the second band-specific game in the Guitar Hero franchise. It features 28 songs from the world famous heavy-metal band Metallica, as well as 21 guest acts - picked by Metallica themselves.

Any Truth to the Above Setlist?

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

New Game Informer has details on pg. 40.  Unfortunately, I haven't seen it yet.

*EDIT*  It is a fake list and needs to be removed.  There are no reports of leaks for setlists, nor are there any other sources that have details on the game...specifically the details that are shown in the new Game Informer.
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Lies

I dropped a warning on that page for now. We'll wait for hard info from the latest Game Informer before removing it.

Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your warning is fucking hilarious.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

*whispers*

Lies...watch it when you are saying shenanigans.  If you say it three times in the forums, BiggerBomb pops a boner and impales you through teh interwebz.  kthxbai
    Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Timma1083

I'm calling shenanigans. There aren't any leaked set lists anywhere, there isn't even solid information on the game besides the release date. They re-used Scream Aim Fire in the that list, the list also implies that it's a full band game (Not saying it won't be, but we don't know right now), and like Everyones_A_Critic said, there are a lot of Metallica's biggest hits missing from that list, especially since Ride the Lightning isn't there, even when in the video they used it as a catch phrase.

Also, I may not know enough about Metallica, but what association do they have with Oasis?

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By JohnDudebro

The Apocalyptica song is pretty hilarious, but the whole thing reeks of fan-made.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I can't imagine it being the real list, if it is tho they fucked up royally. 

Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Timma: There is no relation to Oasis as far as I know. If it was a band that they had toured with at some point like Guns N' Roses then I could believe it, but I agree with the shenanigans call. Re-used songs from World Tour are the biggest give away.

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By JohnDudebro

New GameInformer's details have hit NeoGAF and ScoreHero. That setlist was 100% bull honkey. I added in the announced songs, so now we have some truth to go off of.

The Metallica songs sound fine, and dude Mastodon is awesome, but I have to say they got entirely the wrong Judas Priest and Alice In Chains songs. I still want "Breakin' The Law" and "Would?"
    dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By dethfish

I think the confirmed songs so far are bullshit. Yeah there are some good ones but not many. I knew neversoft would fuck it up. The majority of people who are going to be buying this game want 80's Metallica and maybe a few newer songs. All the other bands besides metallica need to be other 80's and early 90's metal bands like Exodus and Anthrax. I think the only non Metallica song i like is Blood and Thunder.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Timma1083

Well, now that some of the songs are officially out, I must say that they totally fucked up on picking a Judas Priest and Alice in Chains song. Seriously, pick something else from JP, and when the hell is "Would?" going to be picked as the Alice in Chains song?

However, I'm really excited for The Sword and Mastodon. Though I wish The Sword song could've been Winter Wolves, The Black River works :D

Also, my bets are on the Queen song being Stone Cold Crazy.

Brett43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Brett43

Well here's my list of top ten metallica songs that I hope will be in the game, what's everyone elses?

Fade to Black
    Creeping Death
    Orion
    Master of Puppets
    The Four Horseman
    Eye of the Beholder
    Jump in the Fire (For the SOLO)
    The Unforgiven (SOLO again)
    For Whom the Bell Tolls
    Low Man's Lyric

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By dethfish

My top ten would be pretty much anything from the first 4 albums but it seems like they are going to go 50-50 with old and new metallica. I think that is the wrong ting to do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.