Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Life 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 16, 2004

Several years after the Black Mesa disaster, Gordon Freeman awakens from stasis to aid a resistance movement against the Combine, a collective of trans-dimensional aliens that have conquered Earth.

The World of Half-Life is Humongous.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Holy shit. Just when I thought the concept was about a bad-ass scientist murdering some aliens and soldiers,  then meeting up with a rebel alliance to murder even more aliens and soldiers. But in the process of that, he meets a blue-suited dude that tells the bad-ass scientist that he's useful and that he's a great employee.
    YOU TRIGGERD MAH TRAP CARD!

I played Half-Life1. I know the concept of that story was based on Area51-ish government conspiracies. But seriously; just the whole concept that you, a lone scientist, accidentally ripped the fabric of the space-time continuum, unleashing a force far greater then any other being in any other universe has ever known, is enslaving Humanity; and we are not the only species that has been enslaved in the multiverses...

And you must stop the multiverse's enslavers with a fucking crowbar.

Genius.

According to the Combine article, the main enslavers of Humanity are those slug things. Now that you closed the rim between our universe and their universe in Half-Life2: Episode2, the slugs are angry and they want to kill you and open the portal again, continuing the enslavement of Humanity and many other universes to come.

Episode3, you're going to fucking end it. You're going to see what the Gman wants and stop the greatest force in the history of existence...

Yet again, with a crowbar.

Genius.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Holy shit. Just when I thought the concept was about a bad-ass scientist murdering some aliens and soldiers,  then meeting up with a rebel alliance to murder even more aliens and soldiers. But in the process of that, he meets a blue-suited dude that tells the bad-ass scientist that he's useful and that he's a great employee.

I played Half-Life1. I know the concept of that story was based on Area51-ish government conspiracies. But seriously; just the whole concept that you, a lone scientist, accidentally ripped the fabric of the space-time continuum, unleashing a force far greater then any other being in any other universe has ever known, is enslaving Humanity; and we are not the only species that has been enslaved in the multiverses...

And you must stop the multiverse's enslavers with a fucking crowbar.

Genius.

According to the Combine article, the main enslavers of Humanity are those slug things. Now that you closed the rim between our universe and their universe in Half-Life2: Episode2, the slugs are angry and they want to kill you and open the portal again, continuing the enslavement of Humanity and many other universes to come.

Episode3, you're going to fucking end it. You're going to see what the Gman wants and stop the greatest force in the history of existence...

Genius.
    adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By adam_grif
    Tru3_Blu3 said:
    "

Genius."
    No you won't. They will drag it out to HALF LIFE 3.
    AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By AthleticShark

Sorry, but that card is not a trap card, but a Magic Card.
    The memories of that shitty card game that sucks ass :)

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By DBoy

It is a very big world, and to say that a character from Portal is going to make an appearance in Episode Three makes it even bigger.

stevieq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By stevieq

Didn't read because I have yet to finish Half-life 2 and its episodes.

I'm loving them though.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Absurd

Its all linked, You know, Left 4 Dead, Portal and Half Life.

(I also have yet to finish any of the Half Life games, I need to hurry my ass up)

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Absurd said:
    "Its all linked, You know, Left 4 Dead, Portal and Half Life.

(I also have yet to finish any of the Half Life games, I need to hurry my ass up)"
    Was it confirmed that Left 4 Dead is part of the universe?  I didn't think it was possible/feasible to incorporate a zombie apocalypse at some point in the Half-Life mythos.  I also thought Valve, at some time or another, had ruled it non-canon.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

L4D and TF2 are both stand alone and have no relation to the HL universe. But yes, Half life is awesome and has a really great mythos, but no, I doubt anything super huge will be concluded in episode 3, at least I hope, because I want a hl3. Even if some big thing is concluded, there will still be more most likely to have to figure out, and ever learning the true intentions and just what/who the G-Man really is, will definitely not be answered in episode 3, I would pretty much guarantee it.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Coltonio7

Huh...I always thought GF's crowbar was more of a monster card....

But yeah, I love following that Half Life lore. I think it's one of the most interesting Video Game stories out there!

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Absurd
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "Absurd said:
    "Its all linked, You know, Left 4 Dead, Portal and Half Life.

(I also have yet to finish any of the Half Life games, I need to hurry my ass up)"
    Was it confirmed that Left 4 Dead is part of the universe?  I didn't think it was possible/feasible to incorporate a zombie apocalypse at some point in the Half-Life mythos.  I also thought Valve, at some time or another, had ruled it non-canon."
    I was just screwing around, Although it would be cool.
    BraindeadRacr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BraindeadRacr

As the Vortigaunts say... "All hail The Freeman!".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.