Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

i fucking hate you bungie...

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By clubsandwich

I can't believe they did this, I finally get xbox live gold, so I wanted to play some team slayer, right? well, turns out I have to buy the fucking maps to be able to play team slayer, amongst other game modes, I can only play ranked lone wolves, this is unfair, I paid for the whole game to be able to play all the game modes, it is my decision if I want to buy extra stuff or not, but please don't make it mandatory to buy the maps if you want to play the standard game modes, this really pissed me off, I almost throw the fucking game to a wall because of this load of crap, I don't want to buy extra stuff that I don't want to get the full experience that I should be able to enjoy just with the game disc, I won't ever buy any of your fucking games Bungie, you can go to hell.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

I agree with you.  I want to play unranked non-teams but I don't want to shell out for the maps.  I think it's despicable.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

Umm... You only have to purchase one map pack.  You can always go play social slayer...

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Yeah, that kinda sucks. But, on the other hand, it's the only way for people who do buy the maps to get the full experience from them.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By clubsandwich
    @Agnogenic said:
    " Umm... You only have to purchase one map pack.  You can always go play social slayer... "
    it''s not the number of map packs, we're talking about principles here, they are forcing you to buy something to enjoy the game as you bought it in the first place, map packs should not affect the game modes, and in this case it does, you can't play most of the game modes if youu don't have all the map packs, this is why gears of war matchmaking is sooooooo much better than halo's, they don't force you to buy map packs, and you can still enjoy the game.
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Lies

There's always social.

Otherwise, wait for ODST or buy the map pack. It's only $10 and it's well worth it.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Agnogenic_delete
    @clubsandwich: Gears of Wars matchmaking better than Halo's? I would rather have to buy ten map packs then be forced to endure the pain and of the suffering of the first three months of Gears of War 2.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By clubsandwich
    @Lies said:
    " There's always social.Otherwise, wait for ODST or buy the map pack. It's only $10 and it's well worth it. "
    I don't care if it's worth it or not, tbh buying map packs is stupid to me, I barely play online, I only got 2 months of xbl because of summer to play with my friends, I would buy the map packs if I played always online, but I don't, because of college I can barely play, dlc should never be mandatory, this really made me want to sell my halo 3 copy, but I don't have anyone to sell it to, all my friends already own the game. :(
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By clubsandwich
    @Ossi said:
    "
    @clubsandwich said:
    " I can't believe they did this, I finally get xbox live gold, so I wanted to play some team slayer, right? well, turns out I have to buy the fucking maps to be able to play team slayer, amongst other game modes, I can only play ranked lone wolves, this is unfair, I paid for the whole game to be able to play all the game modes, it is my decision if I want to buy extra stuff or not, but please don't make it mandatory to buy the maps if you want to play the standard game modes, this really pissed me off, I almost throw the fucking game to a wall because of this load of crap, I don't want to buy extra stuff that I don't want to get the full experience that I should be able to enjoy just with the game disc, I won't ever buy any of your fucking games Bungie, you can go to hell. "
    While I would normally ignore a post like this I do feel some of your anger. I tried to play halo 3 with a friend about a month ago since I haven't played it in so long only to realize I couldn't cause I didn't buy all the extra stuff. My friend is more into halo than I am so I wasn't into the extra maps and such but I figured I could play a normal mode and chose not to pick maps I don't have, but alas you can't as far as I know. Technically ( besides the campaign ) I now have a dead copy of Halo 3. "
    yeah only 2 of my friends bought the map packs, and that's because they are rich so they don't mind spending 10 bucks just for some map packs that they'll use only once and never play again o_o I'm not really into halo, I just bought it because of all the hype and because all my friends would buy it so I didn't had much of an option, but this is just plain ridiculous, forcing you to buy a map pack to be able to play all the game modes that came in the disc is seriously stupid...
    Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Feanor
    @clubsandwich: Its only mandatory for  the specific thing you want to do.  They still give you options for online play, and the map pack isn't even designed for the type of gamer you are. 
    jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By jNerd

I can't play Team Swat anymore..... it makes me sad :(  I'm just going to wait until September when ODST comes out. I'll have the maps, Halo: Reach beta key, & ODST.

Hostile_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hostile_Dan

So what map pack do you need to play ranked? I've just re-ordered the game and im gutted you NEED to buy map packs to play ranked online!

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hitchenson

Eh, you'll flame me no doubt, but it seems simple... buy the map pack.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pause422
    @Agnogenic said:
    " Umm... You only have to purchase one map pack.  You can always go play social slayer... "
    Its still stupid he would be forced to do it to play a certain ranked gametype. Don't act like it isn't.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By crunchUK

Solution: As lies poihnted out, buy the maps. 2 Reasons:

1. they're very awesome

2. People who bought them want to actually play them

Bungie said on the forums themselves that they've been on the fence about making legendary required near-universally for months, and in the end they decided to support those who support them. So hey.. us people who play halo 3 a lot and buy maps get a better game experience, you guys who don't do either get no priveleges, and remember

You have no rights, play nice.

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CoverlessTech

Can't you play all the social playlist without the packs? If you only want to play casually then social is fine, hell I find social more fun anyways. There are still playlist you can play.

Fact is they NEED to do this. If they don't it just takes 1 guy in the room to not have the packs for the new ones not to get played. They need to have playlist that require the content so the people that actually payed for that content gets to use it.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By clubsandwich
    @Hostile_Dan said:
    " So what map pack do you need to play ranked? I've just re-ordered the game and im gutted you NEED to buy map packs to play ranked online! "
    it's the mythic map pack, it costs 800 ms points I think, i'm not sure, but still, it's ridicuulous that you havee to pay extra to be able to play most of the ranked game modes when they all come in  the game, it's stupid, why not just add an option of matchmaking to search for people who have the maps, that way everyone's happy.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crunchUK
    @clubsandwich said:
    "
    @Hostile_Dan said:
    " So what map pack do you need to play ranked? I've just re-ordered the game and im gutted you NEED to buy map packs to play ranked online! "
    it's the mythic map pack, it costs 800 ms points I think, i'm not sure, but still, it's ridicuulous that you havee to pay extra to be able to play most of the ranked game modes when they all come in  the game, it's stupid, why not just add an option of matchmaking to search for people who have the maps, that way everyone's happy. "
    Actually you need both map packs now...

also, not everyone's happy, becvause then those who want to play the maps get longer search times. Just man up and play social slayer or lone wolves, boo hoo.
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By dsplayer1010

I usually play social anyway.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By keyhunter

Maps should be free. Because they are maps. They take like 2 or three hours to make.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By natetodamax
    @keyhunter said:
    They take like 2 or three hours to make. "
    Prove it.

I'm pretty sure designing it, laying out the objects and texture, testing it, looking for bugs, fixing the bugs, looking for more, and fixing those takes more than a few hours.
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Cube

Quick! Get SmugDarkSlayer in here to defend Bungie STAT!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By crunchUK
    @natetodamax said:
    "
    @keyhunter said:
    Prove it.I'm pretty sure designing it, laying out the objects and texture, testing it, looking for bugs, fixing the bugs, looking for more, and fixing those takes more than a few hours. "
    no wai GTFO rationalizing :O

Anyway... blame microsoft. they control the purse strings.
    jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jNerd
    @natetodamax said:
    "
    @keyhunter said:
    Prove it.I'm pretty sure designing it, laying out the objects and texture, testing it, looking for bugs, fixing the bugs, looking for more, and fixing those takes more than a few hours. "
    You are correct sir. The science of each Halo 3 map is very precise in many ways n00bs like Clubsandwich will never understand.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RsistncE

Charging for maps is bullshit. I fucking hate this generation of consoles for making this a standard. Pisses me off.

PerfectRad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PerfectRad

How is charging for something they made bullshit?  Just because you were spoiled before doesn't mean Bungie has an obligation to give you everything they made after Halo 3 came out free.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#28  Edited By AgentJ

I agree. I just started playing some halo 3 multiplayer recently (finished the campaign some time ago) and i really wanted to do some team slayer, but it kept on telling me that someone didnt have the required maps. Charging 8 extra bucks for this shit is ludicris. I'm not going to buy the map pack for this reason, when i might have eventually bought it otherwise. 

Edit: Why cant there just be an option for players to accept users that dont have the map packs into their group at the cost of not using the extra maps, or shutting those players out and leaving them to play with other players that dont have the packs? Wouldn't be any less traffic. 
    parrot_of_adun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By parrot_of_adun

The fact that you have to pay for anything on XBL even after you pay a subscitption fee AND $60 for the game is just absurd (except for things like Shivering Isles, that makes sense).

But Halo takes this DLC madness to a new low...

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#30  Edited By joey
    @PerfectRad said:
    " How is charging for something they made bullshit?  Just because you were spoiled before doesn't mean Bungie has an obligation to give you everything they made after Halo 3 came out free. "
    its bullshit because you are forced to buy it to play certian modes that you could play for free before.
    Agog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Agog
    @clubsandwich What you've all seemed to have failed to notice is that to play team slayer (social at least) all you need is the Heroic Map Pack which is free, so unless you're talking about ranked playlists umm, your point is moot.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By clubsandwich
    @Agog said:
    " @clubsandwich What you've all seemed to have failed to notice is that to play team slayer (social at least) all you need is the Heroic Map Pack which is free, so unless you're talking about ranked playlists umm, your point is moot. "
    I WAS talking about ranked matches. >__>
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By clubsandwich
    @joey said:
    "
    @PerfectRad said:
    " How is charging for something they made bullshit?  Just because you were spoiled before doesn't mean Bungie has an obligation to give you everything they made after Halo 3 came out free. "
    its bullshit because you are forced to buy it to play certian modes that you could play for free before.
    "
    exactly! I don't care if they make new game modes for the mythic maps, what pisses me off is the fact that you have to buy some stupid maps to be able to play again the game modes that you could play when the game got released. >_< is that so hard to understand?
    Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Did you just diss Bungie, Motherfucker?

GTFO
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By crunchUK
    @AgentJ said:
    Edit: Why cant there just be an option for players to accept users that dont have the map packs into their group at the cost of not using the extra maps, or shutting those players out and leaving them to play with other players that dont have the packs? Wouldn't be any less traffic. 
    There can't because then people with the maps will have long wait times. Why don't you just plkay social slayer?
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AgentJ
    @crunchUK said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    There can't because then people with the maps will have long wait times. Why don't you just plkay social slayer? "
    Why would they have long wait times? For those with the maps, It'd be exactly the same as things are now! They would be able to play against people who have the maps, and people who dont have them could play against people who dont have them. I have gotten bored with social slayer, and would rather do team based halo, but since thats not possible i suppose ill just play something else
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By crunchUK
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @crunchUK said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    There can't because then people with the maps will have long wait times. Why don't you just plkay social slayer? "
    Why would they have long wait times? For those with the maps, It'd be exactly the same as things are now! They would be able to play against people who have the maps, and people who dont have them could play against people who dont have them. I have gotten bored with social slayer, and would rather do team based halo, but since thats not possible i suppose ill just play something else
    "
    Because then people wouldn't buy the maps in the first place, maybe?
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AgentJ

1. If they made the maps just to get people to spend money on something they could have done without the maps, then thats even more of a reason not to buy them

2. Since, as you said, people can still play lone wolf and free for all, i doubt that people wouldnt have bought the maps, especially since that is one of the main appeals of ODST
    PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PharoahCapcom

BUNGIE has been garbage since day one..what changed?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By crunchUK
    @AgentJ said:
    " 1. If they made the maps just to get people to spend money on something they could have done without the maps, then thats even more of a reason not to buy them
    2. Since, as you said, people can still play lone wolf and free for all, i doubt that people wouldnt have bought the maps, especially since that is one of the main appeals of ODST
    "
    What?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AgentJ
    @crunchUK said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    " 1. If they made the maps just to get people to spend money on something they could have done without the maps, then thats even more of a reason not to buy them
    "
    What? "
    Ill try to make it simpler for you
    1. Making people pay to continue something they already had is wrong, especially when its not a part of a payed subscription like XBLA or WOW. If i came to your house and told you you couldnt keep using your toilet without buying the fuzzy seat add-on, would you?
    2. People would have bought the maps anyway, because some people like halo that much
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By crunchUK
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @crunchUK said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    What? "
    1. Making people pay to continue something they already had is wrong, especially when its not a part of a payed subscription like XBLA or WOW. If i came to your house and told you you couldnt keep using your toilet without buying the fuzzy seat add-on, would you?
    2. People would have bought the maps anyway, because some people like halo that much
    "
    Well you can still play halo though - You get FFA, team slayer and team skrmish. Which are basically the 3 main "disciplines" of halo

2.It only takes one perosn in a lobby without the maps to not play them. Essentially, people who bought the legendary map pack complained baout this a lot. People who like halo that much and as a result post constantly on bungie.net. As a result they get listened to. Besides, it's been out for virtually 2 years now. they've stated themselves on the foums thaT they decided to support those who support them
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AgentJ
    @crunchUK said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @crunchUK said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    What? "
    "
    Well you can still play halo though - You get FFA, team slayer and team skrmish. Which are basically the 3 main "disciplines" of halo2.It only takes one perosn in a lobby without the maps to not play them. Essentially, people who bought the legendary map pack complained baout this a lot. People who like halo that much and as a result post constantly on bungie.net. As a result they get listened to. Besides, it's been out for virtually 2 years now. they've stated themselves on the foums thaT they decided to support those who support them "
    I can still play Halo, but i cant play team slayer. thats total BS. like i said, its like not being able to take a crap in your toilet unless you buy the fuzzy cover. you can still pee in it, but you're going to need to shit sometime.

Im not saying that non-legendary owners should be playing WITH the people that own legendary maps (unless that was an option). im saying have non-legendary owners play with non legendary owners, and legendary owners play with legendary owners. 
    Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

I just dont buy anything Halo...or Gears of War because they make you spend more money just so you can play their multi-player.

Ryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By Ryu

Agreed

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By crunchUK
    @AgentJ said:
    "

I can still play Halo, but i cant play team slayer. thats total BS. like i said, its like not being able to take a crap in your toilet unless you buy the fuzzy cover. you can still pee in it, but you're going to need to shit sometime.

I bought the maps, but i can't play on them. Thats total BS. Like i said, it's like not being able to take a crap in your toilet...

C wat i did thar? At the end of the day, it's deciding whether to favour long-time dedicated halo players or people that play once in a while. And guess which bungie decided to support?

CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CharlieTuna
    @PharoahCapcom said:
    " BUNGIE has been garbage since day one..what changed? "
    This. Stop buying their shitty games. Problem solved!
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By crunchUK
    @CharlieTuna said:
    "
    @PharoahCapcom said:
    " BUNGIE has been garbage since day one..what changed? "
    This. Stop buying their shitty games. Problem solved! "
    Lmao i love how pathetic people hating halo sound...
    lowfatevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#49  Edited By lowfatevan

i had a similar experience, coming back to halo after a long time of not playing it (mostly just play COD4 / L4D). however, i totally understand bungie's approach, and i sort of wish infinity ward did the same thing, because i bought the call of duty maps, and one of my friends that i play with didn't, so i really don't get to play on the maps i bought that often. It's definitely a bit frustrating, but this is bungie trying to keep the community on their game a live, and surprise! (also make some money).

now lets see more about that scoped pistol in ODST... halo 1 pistol ftw

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AgentJ
    @crunchUK said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    "

I bought the maps, but i can't play on them. Thats total BS. Like i said, it's like not being able to take a crap in your toilet...C wat i did thar? At the end of the day, it's deciding whether to favour long-time dedicated halo players or people that play once in a while. And guess which bungie decided to support? "
    Way to get rid of the pertiant part of my quote. I just said there is no reason why fellow players that have the maps cant play them together, as long as players that dont have them can play the maps together with themselves. 
    And with your situation, it'd be like just buying the fuzzy cover because you want to rather than because you have to in order to actually use the toilet

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.