Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Level 45 and up?

bsb0085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bsb0085

For those of you who are level 45 and up, I was just curious about which playlist you achieved that level in?  I'm currently a 45 and have been for a little more than a year.  

On a side note, I will say that I think the TrueSkill ranking system is horseshit and doesn't feel balanced at all.  Bungie should have taken a page from CoD4/5's ranking system which feels a lot more rewarding to play.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I think a lot of people of that rank either play regular Team Slayer or Big Team Battle.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
    @natetodamax: Actually, ranked big team was removed all the way back in September 2008. Its semi-replacement is usually considered Squad Battle.
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ShaneDev

I am a 45, i got it in Team Slayer ages ago  and i mainly play Team Snipers or Squad Battle 

Also Halo 3 was out before COD 4 so maybe Halo Reach will feature a different system other than trueskill

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By turbomonkey138

just play social . The halo community makes me want to kill myself .

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mattysen

More importantly; What the hell is this crazy skin!

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Lies

I hit 46 in Lone Wolves, but I'm most proud of my 39 in Squad Battle.

I'm floating around a 42 in doubles and a 35 in TS. I had around a 40 in Objective before they retired that and probably could have broken 45 there if it hadn't been deleted :(

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crunchUK
    @natetodamax said:
    " I think a lot of people of that rank either play regular Team Slayer or Big Team Battle. "
    Wrong. 

BTB (Squad battle or RBTB) is widely known as the most difficult playlist to attain a high rank in by far. According to halocharts there are about 10 MLG 50s for every squad 50. I have a 45 in LW and TS but i honestly don't really care. My 37 in squad is more awesome, as lies said. SB is better in every way to all other ranked playlist (apart from search times).
    ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ThePRAssassin
    @bsb0085 said:
    "For those of you who are level 45 and up, I was just curious about which playlist you achieved that level in?  I'm currently a 45 and have been for a little more than a year.   On a side note, I will say that I think the TrueSkill ranking system is horseshit and doesn't feel balanced at all.  Bungie should have taken a page from CoD4/5's ranking system which feels a lot more rewarding to play. "
    How is COD4/5's TrueSkill any better? If anything, it's A LOT worse. You get Gold Cross 55's against level 5's and such. It has no rank system, just a symbol next to your name with a stupid point level up system for nubs to feel like they accomplish something. 

In Halo, you play against other people at your skill level. The game is balanced (well unless you run into the occasional alternate account or someone bought their account) and more competitive. It's not like COD4 where someone who has played the game all day, 24/7 and has mastered everything is put into a game full of noobs and gets to boost his points.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By zombie2011
    @bsb0085: COD4's ranking is horrible it rewards you just for playing it has nothing to do with skill. At least in Halo if you are a 32 you only play with people around you skill level, Bungie got it right, they even penalize for quitting.
    bsb0085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bsb0085
    @ThePRAssassin:  i'm sure this has been discussed to death, it always comes down to which game people like better, i like them both.  i will say that in COD i do feel like it's a fair fight nine times out of ten.  i think a few more factors other than the ranking system contribute to that.  ie.  in halo, if you suck with the battle rifle as I do, you lose.  it feels like quite a bit more thought went into the overall balancing of the COD games.  the weapons unlocking system and map design and so on.  don't get me wrong, i loves me some halo, but i'll be damned if the multiplayer doesn't get incredibly frustrating sometimes.  i don't get frustrated with COD multiplayer as often.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ArchScabby

I got 45 in lone wolves a couple months after the game came out.  Then I didn't play for like 6 months, went back, and sucked way bad so now my lone wolves is lower and will never get that high again.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Alex_Murphy

Level 45??!? My god I never even got close to that. I don't think I ever got to 16, but I never had a regulaur team to play with.  When I used to play I played team objective. I died a ton, but I was always better at getting a flag, or bringing in a bomb then I was at deathmatch stuff.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchUK
    @Alex_Murphy said:

" Level 45??!? My god I never even got close to that. I don't think I ever got to 16, but I never had a regulaur team to play with.  When I used to play I played team objective. I died a ton, but I was always better at getting a flag, or bringing in a bomb then I was at deathmatch stuff. "

You don't need a regular team to get to 45. In fact you don't need a team pretty much anywhere that isn't the way up high MLG or Squad levels, where strategy is so important it's almost impossible to win against dedicated teams (i.e, not jumped up doubles 50s who suddenly think they are pr0)
    SUBL1ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SUBL1ME

Leveling up really isn't hard if you play with friends, even a team of semi-competent players can gain rank really fast regardless of there individual skill. But if you're flying solo and playing with randoms its next to impossible to get above 30 in anything but lone wolves. Unless I play with friends I only stick to social, which is pathetic because unranked is far more balanced than truskill ranking ever could be. Its not that throwing random people is better but TruSkill was implemented into Halo 3 horribly. 

How bungie ever thought that system was good is beyond me. The tools to make it perfect are there but they were just not used, the game only takes into account your skill level for that match but really it should take into account total exp, match exp, games played, and overall rank. Its lame when someone who is highest skill 50 in team snipers but never played a single match of team slayers is going in against new players. Reach needs to get it right, and also Reach needs to take a page from CoD and reward you even if you lose. Its a shame that you can be game MVP but on the losing team and actually go down in level because of it.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By killdave
    @zombie2011 said:
    " @bsb0085: COD4's ranking is horrible it rewards you just for playing it has nothing to do with skill. At least in Halo if you are a 32 you only play with people around you skill level, Bungie got it right, they even penalize for quitting. "
    My thoughts exactly
    babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By babblinmule

Level 45? Im not going to be hitting that for years! I really only play social, and the occassional squad battle when i feel like getting running riots in 6 on 6 ctf.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By crunchUK
    @SUBL1ME said:
    " Leveling up really isn't hard if you play with friends, even a team of semi-competent players can gain rank really fast regardless of there individual skill. But if you're flying solo and playing with randoms its next to impossible to get above 30 in anything but lone wolves. Unless I play with friends I only stick to social, which is pathetic because unranked is far more balanced than truskill ranking ever could be. Its not that throwing random people is better but TruSkill was implemented into Halo 3 horribly.   How bungie ever thought that system was good is beyond me. The tools to make it perfect are there but they were just not used, the game only takes into account your skill level for that match but really it should take into account total exp, match exp, games played, and overall rank. Its lame when someone who is highest skill 50 in team snipers but never played a single match of team slayers is going in against new players. Reach needs to get it right, and also Reach needs to take a page from CoD and reward you even if you lose. Its a shame that you can be game MVP but on the losing team and actually go down in level because of it. "
    You see, that's the good thing about the halo 3 ranking system. And you do know that social uses the exact same system, only your rank is hidden from you?
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#19  Edited By wefwefasdf

I am a 50 in Team Slayer, a 40 in MLG and on my old account I had a 47 in Lone Wolves. You just have to win consistently in order to go up.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By breadfan

Tips for getting level 50 in Halo 

• Do not go outside
    • Have little to no human interaction
    • Drink Mountain Dew
    • Eat lots of Doritos
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By crunchUK
    @Br3adfan said:
    " Tips for getting level 50 in Halo 

• Do not go outside
    • Drink Mountain Dew
    • Eat lots of Doritos
    "
    Now the hilarious part is this is coming from somebody with 10.000 wiki points
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By breadfan
    @crunchUK said:
    " @Br3adfan said:

• Do not go outside
    • Drink Mountain Dew
    • Eat lots of Doritos
    "
    Now the hilarious part is this is coming from somebody with 10.000 wiki points "
    What does wiki points have to do with Halo?   

If you really wanna get into it, doing wiki edits doesn't involve as much time as playing Halo to reach level 50
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crunchUK
    @Br3adfan said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @Br3adfan said:

• Do not go outside
    • Drink Mountain Dew
    • Eat lots of Doritos
    "
    Now the hilarious part is this is coming from somebody with 10.000 wiki points "
    What does wiki points have to do with Halo?    If you really wanna get into it, doing wiki edits doesn't involve as much time as playing Halo to reach level 50 "
    Sigh... Such a moronic perspective
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By breadfan
    @crunchUK said:
    " @Br3adfan said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @Br3adfan said:

• Do not go outside
    • Drink Mountain Dew
    • Eat lots of Doritos
    "
    What does wiki points have to do with Halo?    If you really wanna get into it, doing wiki edits doesn't involve as much time as playing Halo to reach level 50 "
    Sigh... Such a moronic perspective "
    Moronic?  Your the one linking one thing to another that are completely unrelated
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By crunchUK
    @Br3adfan said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @Br3adfan said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @Br3adfan said:

• Do not go outside
    • Drink Mountain Dew
    • Eat lots of Doritos
    "
    Moronic?  Your the one linking one thing to another that are completely unrelated "
    You're the one making stupid assumptions. But then i suppose can't expect much else from you Anyway i'm done here
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By breadfan
    @crunchUK said:
    " @Br3adfan said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @Br3adfan said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " @Br3adfan said:

• Do not go outside
    • Drink Mountain Dew
    • Eat lots of Doritos
    "
    Moronic?  Your the one linking one thing to another that are completely unrelated "
    You're the one making stupid assumptions. But then i suppose can't expect much else from you Anyway i'm done here "
    You clearly took my post too seriously, you need to lighten up
    ziggy90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ziggy90

Yeah dude, here's a list for you of things you should do: 

- Stop putting your foot in your mouth 
    -Go outside 
    -Talk to a girl that's not in a chat room or game lobby 
    -GET A LIFE! 

SUBL1ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SUBL1ME
    @crunchUK said: You see, that's the good thing about the halo 3 ranking system. And you do know that social uses the exact same system, only your rank is hidden from you? "

Thing is though is when I play social I always play people who are near my skill level or beneath me in skill but when I play ranked almost everyone is above me in skill. How is that even possible that the system is that broke that they are reversed like that, if they use the same exact same system shouldn't they be equal? 

Although I don't feel that every social playlist works that, social slayer I can see where there is some balance but if you've ever played the DLC playlists they were a shmorgus board of every possible skill level. Tons of Generals playing with captains or lower was the norm, it was a mess and until the playlist revision a couple  months ago that mess was the only way to play DLC and I thanked god Bungie forced everyone to have DLC because it felt like a waste before.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By crunchUK
    @SUBL1ME said:

" @crunchUK said: You see, that's the good thing about the halo 3 ranking system. And you do know that social uses the exact same system, only your rank is hidden from you? "  Thing is though is when I play social I always play people who are near my skill level or beneath me in skill but when I play ranked almost everyone is above me in skill. How is that even possible that the system is that broke that they are reversed like that, if they use the same exact same system shouldn't they be equal?   Although I don't feel that every social playlist works that, social slayer I can see where there is some balance but if you've ever played the DLC playlists they were a shmorgus board of every possible skill level. Tons of Generals playing with captains or lower was the norm, it was a mess and until the playlist revision a couple  months ago that mess was the only way to play DLC and I thanked god Bungie forced everyone to have DLC because it felt like a waste before. "

2nd accounts, people are playing more competitively and no guests. Furthermore, ranked actually has a much NARROWER search range than social. Really it provides much closer matches. There's a reason why people have more medals in social than Ranked. 

And again, Social team DLC is such a mixed bag because you have generals who won't play it very much. Hence low (invisible) playlist trueskill.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By big_jon

Team slayer, doubles and lone wolves

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.