Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

Local two-player online multiplayer?

walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By walreese55

I just got Halo 4 and everyone on my dorm was psyched to play it. However, when I booted up the multiplayer, I couldn't bring anyone else with me into an online match. I haven't played online shooters for a long time, but I distinctly remember having a person sign in as a guest with a second controller and play Halo 3 with me online in a casual match against random people on the internet. Can I do that on Halo 4 or am I just boned? And are there any online options if you have people signed in as guests? Online co-op, spartan ops, etc?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

We were literally just doing that 15 minutes ago. I'm not sure how they set it up, though, I got home late.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravelle

@Walreese55 said:

I just got Halo 4 and everyone on my dorm was psyched to play it. However, when I booted up the multiplayer, I couldn't bring anyone else with me into an online match. I haven't played online shooters for a long time, but I distinctly remember having a person sign in as a guest with a second controller and play Halo 3 with me online in a casual match against random people on the internet. Can I do that on Halo 4 or am I just boned? And are there any online options if you have people signed in as guests? Online co-op, spartan ops, etc?

I play local co-op online matches with my brother all the time, you just need one XBOX live again that's gold and let the other sign in as guest. It should work fine.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

What Ravelle said, still works.

walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By walreese55

Hmm, that's fucking weird. I'm currently on the xbox live gold free trial, could that have anything to do with it? I don't know, I'm grasping at straws at this point. Only other thing I can think of is that my I'm connecting to live through my laptop's wifi, but again, grasping at straws. Does every multiplayer mode in Halo 4 support local co-op multiplayer?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.