Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

New Halo 4 trailer. Thoughts?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Phatmac

You guys like trailers right? Where here's a new one for you to dig in to! The latest trailer is mostly people talking, but that doesn't matter. Some small parts show gameplay and how damn well this game actually looks. What you guys think about the latest changes? Is it truly for the best? Well enougn about me talking, here is the trailer that you've all been waiting for! If not than I don't know why you'd be here!

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rotnac

The DMR was/is a fantastic weapon. The only people that I've ever seen or heard complain about the DMR are the same kids who don't understand how reticle bloom works or try using it in close range battles instead of something else like the Pistol or AR.

I'm kinda bothered by the fact they're bringing back the BR. I hated that H3 eventually turned into a BR-fest one weapon game. I can't be the only one who's disappointed to see the DMR go (if it's gonna be omitted for H4).

On the plus side, I can at least get behind the fact they're building actual MP maps from scratch this time.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Phatmac

@big_jon: Oh. Yeah should've known that you'd make a Halo thread for this already.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Rotnac said:

The DMR was/is a fantastic weapon. The only people that I've ever seen or heard complain about the DMR are the same kids who don't understand how reticle bloom works or try using it in close range battles instead of something else like the Pistol or AR.

I'm kinda bothered by the fact they're bringing back the BR. I hated that H3 eventually turned into a BR-fest one weapon game. I can't be the only one who's disappointed to see the DMR go (if it's gonna be omitted for H4).

On the plus side, I can at least get behind the fact they're building actual MP maps from scratch this time.

I hated it because it got to a point that people only used that one gun. 
    mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mikeeegeee

This is all well and good, but what it's really got me wondering is: what's Bungie up to these days?

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By zyn

@mikeeegeee: Bungie is working with Activision on a game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That looks like a Halo ass Halo game.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Jeffsekai

all of my money

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Benny

Emphasis on raw sounding audio is a great design choice. Makes a huge difference in BF3 for example.

From the way they talked about how "All enemies have been updated." I'm led to believe the enemies must be flood and/or covenant? We shall see.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mikeeegeee

@zyn: Yes of course, but perhaps I should be more clear. Seeing this video does little to pique my interest in another Halo game (a franchise which I am historically quite fond of). It does, however, make me wish that a similar reveal from Bungie would grace the internet. As far as developers go, Bungie's commitment to polished experiences that raise the bar for its competitors is well documented. I'm not sure I can get excited about a new Halo in someone else's hands when Bungie's pedigree is absent.

tl;dr: This video made me realize I'm more interested in Bungie than I am in Halo.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12  Edited By zyn

@mikeeegeee: Indeed. I, too, would like to see what Bungie is working on.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Phatmac

@Benny said:

Emphasis on raw sounding audio is a great design choice. Makes a huge difference in BF3 for example.

From the way they talked about how "All enemies have been updated." I'm led to believe the enemies must be flood and/or covenant? We shall see.

Oh god, please no flood.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kindgineer

Fine 343,I want to play Halo4. Happy now?

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ramone

Great, more Halo.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By adoggz

@Rotnac said:

i am also disappointed that the BR is coming back. also reach's maps were built from scratch as multiplayer maps.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By UlquioKani

Looks like more Halo, which isn't bad. I hope the campaign is good as that's what I enjoy most about halo

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Bones8677

I want to play H4lo. I will buy this day one. I noticed they mentioned the backstory of the Spartans. That would be great if there's an extended flashback of Master Chief as a kid soldier.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Arker101

It looks nice, sounds nice, and they brought back the BR and made it look dope. I'm interested to learn more about Halo 4.

We really don't need a reason for Red to fight Blue, but whatever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Halo!

For some silly reason, it kinda bugged me that they kept pulling in content comparisons to Halo 3. There was also this game called Halo: Reach. Reach looked pretty good, too.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By MachoFantastico

Sort of made me realise how little I care about Halo nowadays, which in a way makes me sad.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Rotnac said:

I haven't watched the trailer yet (saw this comment as I was starting), but WHAT. WHAT?! WHAAAAT?! The DMR was like... 80% of the reason I loved Halo: Reach as much as I did. I absolutely love that gun and I never really cared for the BR. I hope they don't remove the DMR. Either way, I'm interested in this.

Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wasara88

Even though i love Halo, I would like that 343 would make their own Halo game, instead of riding on the success of Bungie. It's tough to say anything from the footage i have seen, but to me it looks like they are playing it safe and giving fans more of the same.

That being said, I definitely will be buying Halo 4, even if they would fuck up the gameplay (which i don't think they will) I'm already so invested in the Halo universe i would gladly just pay the price of the game to get some good Halo story.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Z3RO180

@Phatmac: im with you what is the point in wipeing out both the flood and the covinet. If they do that then it will be the same as the first three games. Also the story need to be much longer in order to make the characters better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.