Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Combat Evolved

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Nov 15, 2001

One of the launch titles of the original Xbox, Halo: Combat Evolved is a sci-fi first-person shooter telling the tale of an advanced cybernetic super-soldier known as the "Master Chief".

Want to get back into the MP. This or Reach?

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CreepingDeath0

Hi folks. I've been out of the loop on Halo mp since I stopped playing the original back on the xbox, but I've recently been interested in picking it back up again. I was just wondering which of the two games had the better and more populated multiplayer modes, this or Reach? SP isn't much of a concern as I've managed to play through all the campaigns at one stage or another through renting/borrowing the games.

Thanks for your input :)

spree4567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By spree4567

Reach and Anniversary share multiplayer. The Anniversary maps are available as a map pack you can buy on the marketplace for Reach. If you buy Anniversary you can only play on those 6 new maps. The Reach disc gives you access to more maps.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CreepingDeath0

Ah I didn't know that. Thanks spree. I guess I'll grab Reach and the Anniversary map pack then, seems to be the cheapest way to get the fullest experience.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rotnac

A code for the extra maps is bundled with Anniversary, so you dont need to use the anniversary disk to play MP. Plus the cheevos and terminals in the campaign give you a reason to go back to the SP.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By big_jon

Reach is probably the way to go, but keep in mine you are like four map packs behind, so many matchmaking playlists will not be available to you.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

Three.

Well, if people still play it. Last I was on, about a year ago now, there were only about a thousand people on. Damn, that sucks, two and three were the best ones.

Anyway, Reach + all the map packs + Anniversary map pack. It's a lot of content but it will cost you a pretty penny. You need all of the map packs before you can participate in most of the playlists, by the way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.