Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo Wars

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 26, 2009

Halo Wars is a real-time strategy game for the Xbox 360. Join the Halo Wars crew on the UNSC ship CFV-88 Spirit of Fire and engage the Covenant head-on in an attempt to hold on to the recently taken human colony of Harvest. All Units!

Halo Wars...

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Jeffsekai

Halo wars should have been so much more, the game I just bought/beat has to be one of the worst games I have ever played. Sure it controls fine and even kinda looks nice but there are so many issues that (for more than 60% of the game) I felt like I was playing some crappy budget title, the sound design sucks, the graphics are boring to look at and way to simple ( and im not just talking about the combat).

The one thing halo wars did was it had a good story, but Im not talking game story im talking the drama that happened with Ensemble, as I finshied the game it became clear that bad things were happening and that I was suppose to feel sad but instead of feeling sad or even careing about what was happening on my screen I began thinking of Ensemble and how this will be there last game...and since I absoutly loved there Age of Empires seris how much that sucked..and that there last game was this broken shitty mess. Also, the other thing that comes with the closer of Ensemble is that we will never see any patches, expantions, new maps or anything..you will load up Halo Wars in 10 years and it will be the exact same...which reallly sucks because not only is the campaign short, but there are a ton of bugs and Frame Rate issues making it even more of a chore to play.

Even if you look at the footage showen in 2007 of Halo wars  ( http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24125.html ) and compare it to the recent footage ... it almost looks like they tried to whipe the board clean midway in devlopment and try for a new look, but got about Half Way when they were told about being closed down etc. and just stoped careing...thats what Halo Wars feels like, lack of polish and like no one gave a shit.

Don't get me wrong Im not just saying all this crap to start a flame war or bash halo, I own a 360 and love the halo seris and am a big RTS fan, but Halo Wars is just Garbage...and dosnt deserve any of the high scores its been getting, its complete garbage. What makes all this even worse is the fact that this game got basically the same review scores as Dawn of War 2, which is by no means perfect but is deffinatly not as broken as this. 

So there you have it, my first blog and my first true disapointment that i have experianced in a long time.

TL;DR : Halo wars should have been alot more.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Jeffsekai

Halo wars should have been so much more, the game I just bought/beat has to be one of the worst games I have ever played. Sure it controls fine and even kinda looks nice but there are so many issues that (for more than 60% of the game) I felt like I was playing some crappy budget title, the sound design sucks, the graphics are boring to look at and way to simple ( and im not just talking about the combat).

The one thing halo wars did was it had a good story, but Im not talking game story im talking the drama that happened with Ensemble, as I finshied the game it became clear that bad things were happening and that I was suppose to feel sad but instead of feeling sad or even careing about what was happening on my screen I began thinking of Ensemble and how this will be there last game...and since I absoutly loved there Age of Empires seris how much that sucked..and that there last game was this broken shitty mess. Also, the other thing that comes with the closer of Ensemble is that we will never see any patches, expantions, new maps or anything..you will load up Halo Wars in 10 years and it will be the exact same...which reallly sucks because not only is the campaign short, but there are a ton of bugs and Frame Rate issues making it even more of a chore to play.

Even if you look at the footage showen in 2007 of Halo wars  ( http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24125.html ) and compare it to the recent footage ... it almost looks like they tried to whipe the board clean midway in devlopment and try for a new look, but got about Half Way when they were told about being closed down etc. and just stoped careing...thats what Halo Wars feels like, lack of polish and like no one gave a shit.

Don't get me wrong Im not just saying all this crap to start a flame war or bash halo, I own a 360 and love the halo seris and am a big RTS fan, but Halo Wars is just Garbage...and dosnt deserve any of the high scores its been getting, its complete garbage. What makes all this even worse is the fact that this game got basically the same review scores as Dawn of War 2, which is by no means perfect but is deffinatly not as broken as this. 

So there you have it, my first blog and my first true disapointment that i have experianced in a long time.

TL;DR : Halo wars should have been alot more.

Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Colonel_Fury

Damn you for making me read, friend brother. I think I'll skip this game fo sho.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By breadfan

I thought Halo Wars was alright.  I did not encounter any glitches, especially anything as bad as happening throughout 60% of the game.  So I don't know if that's just your copy or something, but I experienced no glitches at all.  The story was decent, I wasn't a big fan of it.  Playing online with friends is where most of the fun in Halo Wars lies, but if you don't like the game in general you probably wont like it.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Actually, Halo Wars will be getting post release follow up by Robot Entertainment (i think that's what they're called?), which is one of the two studios formed because of Ensemble's death.
    As for the game itself, I thought it did what it tried to do.  It'd not great, but it's pretty good.  Not a huge fan of RTSes though.

As for you talking about the game being broken and glitchy, what? It runs absolutely fine and looks great graphically (for a rts).

Now it's Wingnut's turn to see what they can do with the Halo universe.  Should be interesting with Ryan Payton, Peter Jackson, and some other high named developers on board.
    Well actually.... ODST will probably come out first so it's probably Bungie again.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By RandomHero666

I actually like Halo Wars, sure its pretty short, but it has replay potential, and great multiplayer.

I also encountered no bugs.. at all, no slowdown.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jeffsekai

Its funny, after coming back and reading what I said most of my points only stand for the single player, and even then its not that bad because alot of my friends have it now.

Not to mention there's DLC on the way (and patches)

Halo Wars is deff better than I give it credit when i wrote this, hell I still play it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
    deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

if it is one of the worst games you have played, then you need to play more bad games.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Hitchenson

"one of the worst games I have ever played" lolwut? you obviously haven't played that many games...

EDIT: Read your second post, glad you came around.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zombie2011

Good job overreacting. Seems your having fun with it now.

The multiplayer is where Halo Wars shines like most RTS's, 3v3 and 2v2 is the most fun i think. In 1v1 there is  just to much pressure not to make a mistake, and if you do your on your own.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @zombie2011 said:  I dont think I overreacted, like i said in my above post most of thoughs posts still apply so single player.

And 3v3, 2v2 online is broken just rushing and crap not fun, I just stick to fighting comps with friends.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zombie2011
    Every RTS has rushing. You just have to defend it and if you do the game is yours, every rush has a counter.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @zombie2011 said:
    "
    Every RTS has rushing. You just have to defend it and if you do the game is yours, every rush has a counter.
    "
    You havnt played Halo Wars online, cuz all it is, is rushing.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zombie2011
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @zombie2011 said:
    "
    "
    You havnt played Halo Wars online, cuz all it is, is rushing. "
    I've played 442 games of Halo Wars online, and if you look at my stats most of them have lasted over 20mins, which is well past the rushing stage and into mid game strats. So maybe you should learn how to counter rushes, then you wouldn't think Halo Wars is all about rushes.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @zombie2011 said: funny because I didn't say I could not counter them, there annoying and its all it is. Just because your matches are a whole 20 mins dosnt mean they didn't rush you every time. Halo Wars isn't fun VS other people, that's the last im gonna say on this topic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.