Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hamburger

Object » linked to 362 games

A hamburger is a hunk of ground beef served between two pieces of bun-configured bread. Hamburgers are often served with a variety of toppings and condiments. It is named for the region in which it was invented, not for the kind of meat (as is often mistakenly suggested).

Another BIG Question

Pox22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pox22

If you cut a sandwich in half, do you have two sandwiches or one sandwich, made up of two halves?

Discuss.

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By s7evn

One sandwich, 2 halves.  You don't cut an apple in half and have two apples.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sanryd
    @s7evn said:
    " One sandwich, 2 halves.  You don't cut an apple in half and have two apples. "
    This man speaks the truth. Truly philosophical and wise.
    Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

One sandwich, two halves.
    JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#5  Edited By JackiJinx

The only part where that becomes questionable is when it comes to party platters. Those are always chopped up into many pieces, thus making it hard to discern how many pieces made up the original sandwich, so each piece is typically called a sandwich. 
    At my workplace, there are sandwiches made up of pita bread, no crust, so it's even harder to tell how much makes up a whole sandwich. It's usually four pieces per sandwich, but they're so large that each individual bit is considered a sandwich. 

So I'd say it all depends on the amount of cuts, the size of the cuts, and the type of sandwich that is being made.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Kiemoe

If someone cut a sandwich in half, and gave me one of the pieces, they would have given me half of a sandwich, not a whole sandwich. So one sandwich, two halves

ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By ZmillA

that is a good question. Realistically you have a sandwich in two, technically it may be two sandwiches.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By kennybaese

It is only one sandwich until you give one of the halves to someone else in which case it would be two smaller sandwiches though they individual sandwiches can still be referred to as a half. I.E. "That's my half" or some such. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.